2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
View Poll Results: MT-82 Shifting Issues or Not
I have/had a 2011/12 6spd with Notchy/Rough/Grinding etc.
36.14%
I never had ANY issues with my 6 spd 2011/12
63.86%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: MT-82 Shifting Issues or Not

Search this Thread

Old 5/20/11, 01:06 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ssimaniac
I don't understand what your argument is since it's so vague. Not just you, but everyone in disagreement with me. A problem is a problem and it needs correction. Put yourself in our shoes and see how you would feel if you were left in the dark. Exactly.
I will make it easy for you... You claim there is an inherent issue with the MT82 and that ford should do a BMW N54 -like recall to fix it. Your argument is based on your own experience and those mentioned on that AFM forum. This information has caused you to claim a large number of people have issues with their MT82, a large enough number that you feel Ford should have solved it by now. Did I miss anything?

Our counter-argument is that you guys are greatly exaggerating the amount of people that have abnormal issues. We argue that there is not enough scientific, not internet forum poll, data for you all to make such a claim. We also argue that some of these mentioned "issues" are in fact normal operaton of any manual transmission. We also argue that some other % of issues could be due to user error or other non-trans issues. These arguments lead to us not agreeing with you that it is a design issue with all MT82 transmissions.

Your responses are always something to the effect of calling us fanboys, telling us to leave forums if we have no problems, or just silly name calling. I have seen nothing posted by any of y'all that leads me to believe this is more than chicken litte sky is falling sensationalism.

Tell me, was I still too vague or did I just about nail it?
Old 5/20/11, 01:08 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Originally Posted by PolishAmericanMustang
Let me hit you all with something interesting:

http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=184720&postcount=21

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Oooooooooooppsss

Last edited by 1 COBRA; 5/20/11 at 01:15 PM.
Old 5/20/11, 01:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JobeNole44
I will make it easy for you... You claim there is an inherent issue with the MT82 and that ford should do a BMW N54 -like recall to fix it. Your argument is based on your own experience and those mentioned on that AFM forum. This information has caused you to claim a large number of people have issues with their MT82, a large enough number that you feel Ford should have solved it by now. Did I miss anything?

Our counter-argument is that you guys are greatly exaggerating the amount of people that have abnormal issues. We argue that there is not enough scientific, not internet forum poll, data for you all to make such a claim. We also argue that some of these mentioned "issues" are in fact normal operaton of any manual transmission. We also argue that some other % of issues could be due to user error or other non-trans issues. These arguments lead to us not agreeing with you that it is a design issue with all MT82 transmissions.

Your responses are always something to the effect of calling us fanboys, telling us to leave forums if we have no problems, or just silly name calling. I have seen nothing posted by any of y'all that leads me to believe this is more than chicken litte sky is falling sensationalism.

Tell me, was I still too vague or did I just about nail it?
Nailed what, your personal opinion? You don't have any scientific data either to back up that the MT82 aren't having major issues either. Heck, this poll alone shows that 10 people are having issues and 40 aren't.

I never called it a design error in ALL Mt82's. I said in "a specific number" of them, for some reason, it shouldn't have passed quality control. In laymen terms, we want our **** fixed. Regardless if it's 10 people or 1,000.
Old 5/20/11, 01:12 PM
GT Member

Don't ge me wrong, I do feel for everyone that buys anything and it does not work to their satisfaction. But if I was in your shoes, ss, I would have lemoned it by now or I would take some of your mod money, seeing as you have already added quite a few things, and gone aftermarket trans and clutch. I would not spam every forum out there, insult people who don't agree with me, or make outragous claims about a corporation and an entire production line based on my limited experiences. But I guess that is where we differ... To each his own.
Old 5/20/11, 01:18 PM
GT Member

Nailed what, your personal opinion? You don't have any scientific data either to back up that the MT82 aren't having major issues either. Heck, this poll alone shows that 10 people are having issues and 40 aren't.

I never called it a design error in ALL Mt82's. I said in "a specific number" of them, for some reason, it shouldn't have passed quality control. In laymen terms, we want our **** fixed. Regardless if it's 10 people or 1,000.
Whoa there, you made the claim that there is a problem. The burden is 100% on you to prove that there is a wide-spread issue. You can't make a claim and then not back it up. Prove to me that the issue is more widespread than I think it is.

There was no opinion in what I wrote. Just because you don't agree with what I said does not change that it is a fact. Those are accurate protrayals of both sides arguments. I left nothing out. And stop using internet forum polls, it is not scientific and hurts your credibilty.
Old 5/20/11, 01:18 PM
Banned

Don't ge me wrong, I do feel for everyone that buys anything and it does not work to their satisfaction. But if I was in your shoes, ss, I would have lemoned it by now or I would take some of your mod money, seeing as you have already added quite a few things, and gone aftermarket trans and clutch. I would not spam every forum out there, insult people who don't agree with me, or make outragous claims about a corporation and an entire production line based on my limited experiences. But I guess that is where we differ... To each his own.
That's the whole point. EVERYONE here has bought something from a store and returned it if didn't work (or had it fixed). That's the whole point of a warranty, exchange policy. Same should apply to cars. I have already filed a lemon, as I have already said this. It takes times to get it rolling. I do not want to spend thousands of dollars to go aftermarket since I already paid 40k to Ford. I want it to work.

I'm not spamming any boards. This is the only thread I have created and it is nothing against Ford or any members. Simple poll. I do post in those threads created by others, joining in with others for our cause. I have been following this crap for about a year now. I can confirm at least 200 individual members (as a fact) that have complained about the new MT82. God knows how big it is outside the Forums. We have no idea, or any clue. It's just speculation. We all have every right to complain on a public message board and to bash Ford. They're not fixing our 40k problems, so why shouldn't we be heard?
Old 5/20/11, 01:20 PM
Banned

Whoa there, you made the claim that there is a problem. The burden is 100% on you to prove that there is a wide-spread issue. You can't make a claim and then not back it up. Prove to me that the issue is more widespread than I think it is.

There was no opinion in what I wrote. Just because you don't agree with what I said does not change that it is a fact. Those are accurate protrayals of both sides arguments. I left nothing out. And stop using internet forum polls, it is not scientific and hurts your credibilty.

No offense, but who are you for me to prove things to? To me, you're just an internet stranger. Again, I mean no offense by this but you get the point. I know my issue. I have been following multiple threads, discussions with multiple members. There's a big number of us. We don't have to prove anything to other 5.0 memebers a darn thing since they won't pay for our problems or make them go away. And as far as internet polls, it's the only basis we have for any kind of "proof".
Old 5/20/11, 01:25 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Ok guys. The first 2 are mt82's. The last one is your normal tremec 6spd. You have never shifted anything like the mt82 before. Remote mount shifter with a stabilizer and rubber bushings. The shifter does not mount to the trans. Get used to shifting your cars and realize that it is not your old mustang trans. It's gonna be a different feeling all together. And as the bushings heat up, they will soften and feel spongy. Just shut the hell up and drive.
Attached Images    
Old 5/20/11, 01:28 PM
Bullitt Member

That's the whole point. EVERYONE here has bought something from a store and returned it if didn't work (or had it fixed). That's the whole point of a warranty, exchange policy. Same should apply to cars. I have already filed a lemon, as I have already said this. It takes times to get it rolling. I do not want to spend thousands of dollars to go aftermarket since I already paid 40k to Ford. I want it to work.

I'm not spamming any boards. This is the only thread I have created and it is nothing against Ford or any members. Simple poll. I do post in those threads created by others, joining in with others for our cause. I have been following this crap for about a year now. I can confirm at least 200 individual members (as a fact) that have complained about the new MT82. God knows how big it is outside the Forums. We have no idea, or any clue. It's just speculation. We all have every right to complain on a public message board and to bash Ford. They're not fixing our 40k problems, so why shouldn't we be heard?

Once again you throw out the "about a year" time frame. The car did not start sales until mid summer last year. It is barely the beginning of summer now, and I doubt you started following this issue the minute the cars started selling. Yes there are cars with issues that need to be fixed, but quit stretching the truth on points and people might be a bit nicer about it.
Old 5/20/11, 01:32 PM
GT Member

And we have a right to push back. The issue is you all resort to name calling and pettiness when we debate your claims. You are not getting where our arguments are coming from. You say you have 200 other people, while we are skeptical that they have issues at all that were not caused by them or other factors. We don't believe it is always a transmission issue.

Why don't you personally go put another transmission in it? Put in a TR-6060 and then sue Ford in small claims court for the costs. If the judge agrees with you and your argument, you will get the work paid for by Ford. You won't even need a lawyer, just argue that Ford was not standing by their warranty agreement and you had to get the issue solved. Tell me why that is not a valid option...
Old 5/20/11, 01:37 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...0&postcount=21

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Conclusive proof that jmatero can't drive? That he has a mental condition or is a masochist who buys manual-transmission cars and then *****es about them? Is there a pattern here?
bahahahahaah!!!

Is this the same guy that was exposed a while back and then he dissapeared?
Old 5/20/11, 01:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
bahahahahaah!!!

Yea
Old 5/20/11, 01:44 PM
Banned

And we have a right to push back. The issue is you all resort to name calling and pettiness when we debate your claims. You are not getting where our arguments are coming from. You say you have 200 other people, while we are skeptical that they have issues at all that were not caused by them or other factors. We don't believe it is always a transmission issue.

Why don't you personally go put another transmission in it? Put in a TR-6060 and then sue Ford in small claims court for the costs. If the judge agrees with you and your argument, you will get the work paid for by Ford. You won't even need a lawyer, just argue that Ford was not standing by their warranty agreement and you had to get the issue solved. Tell me why that is not a valid option...
It's easier said than done. I don't have time or money to go through it. Lemon Law is an easier process.
Old 5/20/11, 01:52 PM
GT Member

It's easier said than done. I don't have time or money to go through it. Lemon Law is an easier process.
Don't know what to tell you, then. Good luck with the Lemon Law process cause this issue will not be fixed by Ford on a wide scale basis. It is not as bad as the AFM crowd thinks, and it is not a design problem with a large number of MT82s. This 20/20 expose will not cause a massive recall like your group hopes and Ford will continue to look at trannys on a case-by-case basis. If I am wrong I will eat a lot of crow and gladly admit I am wrong while I take my car in to get a free TR-6060, but I don't think I am.
Old 5/20/11, 01:54 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=184720&postcount=21

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Conclusive proof that jmatero can't drive? That he has a mental condition or is a masochist who buys manual-transmission cars and then *****es about them? Is there a pattern here?
Originally Posted by stangfoeva
bahahahahaah!!!

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT

Oooooooooooppsss

I had 2 Saturns - w/5 spds. One used, one ordered new. They shifted great!!

Last edited by cdynaco; 5/20/11 at 02:00 PM.
Old 5/20/11, 02:07 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by FCMalie
Yea
thanks man! I remember this guy now! He had similar threads on various other car forums too for land rover, saturn, etc.
Old 5/20/11, 02:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Ok guys. The first 2 are mt82's. The last one is your normal tremec 6spd. You have never shifted anything like the mt82 before. Remote mount shifter with a stabilizer and rubber bushings. The shifter does not mount to the trans. Get used to shifting your cars and realize that it is not your old mustang trans. It's gonna be a different feeling all together. And as the bushings heat up, they will soften and feel spongy. Just shut the hell up and drive.
As an FYI, the remote shifter set-up is also on the '05-'10 T3650s.
Old 5/20/11, 02:20 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There was also Artgeni, who complained about everything he ever owned on a forum of some type.
Old 5/20/11, 02:28 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Tony Alonso

As an FYI, the remote shifter set-up is also on the '05-'10 T3650s.
I understand that. My point I guess is that if this is your first mustang, you probably won't notice the difference. I've driven and owned just about every generation mustang and the remote shifters are a completely different feeling. And for people who have traded up to the new models, it may feel like a trans problem when it may be a normal characteristic of a crappy transmission. So don't expect it to be just like your last stang.
Old 5/20/11, 03:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by AlsCobra
I understand that. My point I guess is that if this is your first mustang, you probably won't notice the difference. I've driven and owned just about every generation mustang and the remote shifters are a completely different feeling. And for people who have traded up to the new models, it may feel like a trans problem when it may be a normal characteristic of a crappy transmission. So don't expect it to be just like your last stang.
That could very well be the case. I also wonder what other people's experience would be coming from other maunfacturer's vehicles.

Quick Reply: Poll: MT-82 Shifting Issues or Not