2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Pics: My Lava 2012 GT and Mods

Search this Thread

Old 5/10/11, 01:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was gonna throw a big BARF sign here......but when I saw the pics, I was shocked. The wood grain looks like it belongs......it looks great. Hard to tell how it looks with the seats, but as far as the pics with the door inserts, it looks **** classy. Nice job ----Now I would never put it in my car, and I think it shouldn't be in a Mustang- but its YOUR car. Now if Ford would only give us real BLACK interiors, not "charcoal" black!

Last edited by sharpie; 5/11/11 at 11:25 AM.
Old 5/10/11, 01:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Just FYI, Crutchfield has the JL stealthboxes 10% off. The mustang is out of stock, but should be back in soon. I know their prices are high, but they are a very solid company to work with. And 10% is as good as you'll get on real JL stuff.
Old 5/10/11, 08:48 PM

Well done! The wood looks great!
Old 5/11/11, 04:39 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This belongs in a 300 not in a Mustang. To each their own but this is just wrong.
Old 5/11/11, 05:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

Looks good...especially with the color of the car.
Old 5/11/11, 05:56 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ford do NOT listen to the people on this forum. This belongs in Lincons not Mustangs. This will be the downfall of the Mustang if we see wood trim. Every other forum who has seen this barfs. What is wrong with you guys. Just old or drunk?
Old 5/11/11, 06:24 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 125 Likes on 101 Posts
I wouldn't do this to my Mustang but................The wood does look good and you have a very beautiful Mustang.
Old 5/11/11, 09:39 AM
Bullitt Member

I had a question about fog light wiring, so here is a quick answer for anyone who wants to do something similar.
1st, the CT/CS front facia that I bought came with real Ford wires that I used to take the GT light wires and extend them to the GT/CS fogs. They now work as my fog lights with the factory fog switch and wiring.
2nd, I bought an HID kit for the GT fogs. I also bought a fog light wiring harness from fleabay. I wanted to not have to splice into any factory wiring to do this, and I succeeded. The relay and fuse are hooked straight to the battery. There are other ways of doing this, but I liked not messing with stock wiring.
One of the hard parts is to bring the wire to the switch inside past the firewall. If I had to do it again, I would have tried a remote control switch, but what is done is done. I found a way of getting the wire into the cabin that does not mess up anything that came stock. Others are better wiring experts, but I got the job done.

I did choose to just use a standard switch. The switch that came with my harness required me to splice into the parking lights so that the HID fogs will not turn on unless the parking lights are on. I decided against that. I am used to cars that do not have nannies that prevent you from running down the battery. I am used to the headlights coming on and staying on, if you leave them on. I never left headlights on so long that they ran down the battery. Others might not like that, but that is what I am used to, and that is what I wanted. I just used a standard switch and mounted it in an out of the way spot that is easy to reach, but hard to see.

With the wood trim, I did use a solution of distilled water and a small amount of baby shampoo. I sprayed the sticky parts of the trim with the water so that they could be moved and placed exactly where I wanted them. The smaller pieces do not need that, but I would not want to install the big pieces without that, because it is much easier to make sure everything is just right.
Old 5/11/11, 09:45 PM

By the way, how much difference do the Polk audio speakers make? So far, I'm enjoying the sound system, but for me, it seems somewhat muddy, and does not deliver much in terms of higher frequencies. Spacial reference is good, but tonal quality could be better.
Old 5/11/11, 09:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by BrutusBuckeye
By the way, how much difference do the Polk audio speakers make? So far, I'm enjoying the sound system, but for me, it seems somewhat muddy, and does not deliver much in terms of higher frequencies. Spacial reference is good, but tonal quality could be better.
It is amazing the difference the speakers make. The stock speakers are absolutely horrible. If you do not do any other mods, change the speakers. The Polk speakers sound amazing!