2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

For people waiting for Brochure discounts

Search this Thread

Old 4/29/10 | 12:39 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Freshmeat
I asked straight for the sales manager, said I wanted to ask questions on X plan. He said it's not worth his time to mess with the X Plan and he'll just go invoice to save me some hassle and money.
How much was their processing fee? That's normally where they get you. "Sure, we'll go invoice." And then slap you with a $599 processing fee which ends up being more than x-plan.
Old 4/29/10 | 01:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

X-Plan is 99.6% of Invoice + $275 Program Adm Fee + Doc Fee (Limited to a Max of $75). If he is giving you Invoice with no doc fee you are saving about $150.

When you get in the deal if the dealer trys to hit you with a Doc Fee threaten to walk. Tell him that wasnt part of the deal. If he hits you "I have to charge $195 Doc or Ill get fired" tell him fine $195 below invoice and he can charge you the Doc Fee. If you do eventually have to give some ground $75 (X-Plan Doc Fee) and not a bit more. Again if he starts that must have $195 make him make up the difference by going $120 under.

PS The best deal Ive seen is $410 Under Invoice (Net after Doc Fee). I have seen $300 under invoice for deals at more than one dealer though.

Last edited by Gene K; 4/29/10 at 01:10 PM.
Old 4/29/10 | 06:11 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Gene K
X-Plan is 99.6% of Invoice + $275 Program Adm Fee + Doc Fee (Limited to a Max of $75). If he is giving you Invoice with no doc fee you are saving about $150.
Is the adm fee regional at all? I have stock but still waiting for the 6 months to be up. I'm contemplating going to a local dealer and simply giving them the price I'll pay out the door. (x-plan plus a little more.) If not I'll just order closer to August. I'd like to know they're not catching me on the ad fee somehow. Thanks.

tom
Old 4/29/10 | 06:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by tmclaugh
Is the adm fee regional at all? I have stock but still waiting for the 6 months to be up. I'm contemplating going to a local dealer and simply giving them the price I'll pay out the door. (x-plan plus a little more.) If not I'll just order closer to August. I'd like to know they're not catching me on the ad fee somehow. Thanks.

tom
There are many dealers willing to order your car for 500 under invoice+dest+fdaf. Get an internet quote and call around to find who has the lowest processing fees. If you can't find one I'll refer you to a few dealers who I know will give you at least 400 under.
Old 4/29/10 | 06:39 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by tmclaugh

tom
like jokerstars said, try asking for invoice+holdback you might be pleasantly surprised. I did and it worked like a charm...
Old 4/29/10 | 10:53 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by IT_Guru
PM sent with questions. thx

But just got informed that X-plan requires pin before negotiations start, guess I'm screwed.
Dealers do not have to honor X-plan, but most will. We (us dealers) don't need the Xplan PIN until the car is sold and delivered.
Old 4/29/10 | 11:04 PM
GTR Member

Recieved a card in the mail today with another $750 private cash off a Mustang.

Stupid thing about it is that the dealer named on it is a Ford Truck dealer, same dealer where I bought my PowerStroke Dually back in '96, they don't even have any cars on their lot. I guess you can use the $750 for a truck but the card it came on was all about Mustangs.

Last edited by Ltngdrvr; 4/29/10 at 11:07 PM.
Old 4/29/10 | 11:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

My friend who is a manager at a Ford Dealership said that while dealers do not HAVE to honor X-Plan, they CANNOT deny X-Plan to someone if they have honored it for someone else. It has to be universal. If a dealer gives your friend X-Plan but not you (assuming you're both qualified), he can be sued.

At least that's what my friend said.
Old 4/30/10 | 12:02 AM
GTR Member

I do believe that would fall under the old deal, "We reserve the right to refuse service to whomever we choose."
Old 4/30/10 | 12:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

...but if you provide service, I'm pretty sure you can't decide whose coupons to accept or reject if the coupons are valid (for the sake of analogy). If a Ford dealerships unilaterally rejects X-Plan that is fine, but it's not OK for them to accept X-Plan for your friend's purchase but choose to reject you, assuming you are qualified for it.
Old 4/30/10 | 06:30 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr
Recieved a card in the mail today with another $750 private cash off a Mustang.

Stupid thing about it is that the dealer named on it is a Ford Truck dealer, same dealer where I bought my PowerStroke Dually back in '96, they don't even have any cars on their lot. I guess you can use the $750 for a truck but the card it came on was all about Mustangs.
Take a look at the fine print. I don't think you need to use it AT that dealer. As long as you put the customer ID and program ID in the Vincent system at ANY Ford dealer, the discount should work.

That was the card I got. It says it's good on any Ford Division product except a few. I think they pick the dealer simple based on a geographic radius from your zip code.
Old 4/30/10 | 10:35 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by corvettedreamin
Take a look at the fine print. I don't think you need to use it AT that dealer. As long as you put the customer ID and program ID in the Vincent system at ANY Ford dealer, the discount should work.

That was the card I got. It says it's good on any Ford Division product except a few. I think they pick the dealer simple based on a geographic radius from your zip code.
Whew, thank goodness. My dealer is a bit farther away than Ford would recommend. I hope I get this brochure by Monday, and it's the right one!
Old 4/30/10 | 11:45 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Nihl
Whew, thank goodness. My dealer is a bit farther away than Ford would recommend. I hope I get this brochure by Monday, and it's the right one!
The 800 number rep gave my my certificate number, and said that was all I needed for the dealer in case the brochure didn't arrive in time.
Old 4/30/10 | 12:15 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by corvettedreamin

Yeah, I know it can be used at any dealer, it's just a code number in the computer that any dealer can use. It just struck me as strange that I would get this offer on a card with nothing on it but Mustang info with a truck only dealer name on it.

As far as being based on geographic location, there are a number of closer dealerships to me than the one named on the card. Maybe based on my buying from them before, but that was 15 model years ago.

Doesn't really matter, they can send all they want of these things to me. I'm still waiting for the 2011 brochure I requested.
Old 4/30/10 | 02:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr
. . . Recieved a card in the mail today with another $750 private cash off a Mustang . . . . .
When you say "another" do you mean you got more than one?

I got mine recently, it says it is for 2010 cars only and it expires on June 15 . . . I have read the other posts that say that it could be good on a 2011 even though it says 2010 . . . but my problem is there is no way I will be able to take delivery on a 2011 by June 15 . . .

So, I'm wondering if there is a way I can get another one later in the year? Like maybe by requesting another brochure later?
Old 4/30/10 | 02:46 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by Bert
When you say "another" do you mean you got more than one?

I got mine recently, it says it is for 2010 cars only and it expires on June 15 . . . I have read the other posts that say that it could be good on a 2011 even though it says 2010 . . . but my problem is there is no way I will be able to take delivery on a 2011 by June 15 . . .

So, I'm wondering if there is a way I can get another one later in the year? Like maybe by requesting another brochure later?
Another as in another one besides the one that came with the 2010 brochure that I recieved.

Wish they could all be combimned but I guess the only combination is with the cash offered on the 2010.
Old 4/30/10 | 02:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Stinger1982
bull**** on what the dealer said.

Xplan is xplan they can not deny you.

they do not need the pin before hand thats BS

I will try to find out who your field rep is out there if they continue to **** with you

x-plan is optional for the dealer they do NOT have to honor it.
x-plan has to be informed of PRIOR to negotiations..

if you plan on using a xplan u have to tell the dealer upfront.
Old 4/30/10 | 02:58 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by pony racer
x-plan is optional for the dealer they do NOT have to honor it.
x-plan has to be informed of PRIOR to negotiations..

if you plan on using a xplan u have to tell the dealer upfront.
Plus it just makes good sense. You don't have to play the haggling game. Or think you're getting a better "internet" price only to find out the $599 doc fee killed the deal after your shrewd negotiations. if you have x-plan, use x-plan. Unless, of course, you know the doc fee going in and you can get a below invoice price. The dealer is usually very forthcoming with pricing information at that point.
Old 4/30/10 | 03:19 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Gene K

From the Ford X-Plan website:

*$275 Administration Fee for 2010MY vehicles, $75 Administration Fee for 2009MY and prior vehicles.

I'm guessing the $275 will be for 2011 also.
Old 4/30/10 | 03:27 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by desertMustang
From the Ford X-Plan website:

*$275 Administration Fee for 2010MY vehicles, $75 Administration Fee for 2009MY and prior vehicles.

I'm guessing the $275 will be for 2011 also.
Well, yeah, but they lowered the x-plan price another $200. This was discussed somewhere else before but basically the dealers wanted their money "sooner" so they changed the way the fees were collected/tallied. Same basic effect on the price.

Quick Reply: For people waiting for Brochure discounts