2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

For people waiting for Brochure discounts

Search this Thread

Old 4/29/10 | 09:10 AM
Bullitt Member

For people waiting for Brochure discounts

Not sure if this how it happened but:

I heard about the $750 discount on the brochures if you ordered one. So I signed up online to get one, not much chance it would arrive before my car does, but gave it a chance.

So I've been calling the 800 number to check on the status of my car and lo and behold today the rep said I had a personal offer or something for $750. Gave me a certificate number over the phone, said the dealer would have to verify it would work on the 2011.

I'm not sure it's because I ordered a brochure, but it seems like more than a coincendence.
Old 4/29/10 | 09:14 AM
Cobra R Member

Are you buying under the x-plan?

I'm just curious because I'm starting to think the coupon was more related to the timing of the x-plan pin generation than any brochure request. I could be (and I hope I am) wrong. Just checking.

Since my $750 discount is advertised for 09/10 models, I'm not sure if I'll be able to use it. I hope so though because that's one of those $30k@0% payments.
Old 4/29/10 | 09:21 AM
Bullitt Member

Nope, didn't know about X-plans till after my car got pulled. Just a regular old order.
Old 4/29/10 | 09:23 AM
Cobra R Member

That's promising then. I've submitted a few brochure requests hoping to get the 10/11 version of the offer (although the program ID is the same regardless of the model years offered.) Keeping my fingers crossed. $750 is a nice discount on top of the other offers.
Old 4/29/10 | 09:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by IT_Guru
Not sure if this how it happened but:

I heard about the $750 discount on the brochures if you ordered one. So I signed up online to get one, not much chance it would arrive before my car does, but gave it a chance.

So I've been calling the 800 number to check on the status of my car and lo and behold today the rep said I had a personal offer or something for $750. Gave me a certificate number over the phone, said the dealer would have to verify it would work on the 2011.

I'm not sure it's because I ordered a brochure, but it seems like more than a coincendence.
If you have your VIN and the Cerificate Number (Customer ID?) then the dealer should be able to enter them in the Smart Vincent System and confirm it will work.
Old 4/29/10 | 09:29 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by corvettedreamin
Are you buying under the x-plan?

I'm just curious because I'm starting to think the coupon was more related to the timing of the x-plan pin generation than any brochure request. I could be (and I hope I am) wrong. Just checking.

Since my $750 discount is advertised for 09/10 models, I'm not sure if I'll be able to use it. I hope so though because that's one of those $30k@0% payments.
I doubt it has anything to do with PIN Generation. My PIN was generated last July. I came within a hairs breath of breaking down and buying a left-over 2008 GT500 when is became X-Plan eligible.
Old 4/29/10 | 10:21 AM
Cobra R Member

UPDATE: New postcard in the mail today with "dealer" info on it. It's marketing the 2010 Mustang but the fine print says it's valid on the purchase/lease of Ford Division vehicles excluding... blah, blah, blah... but does not specify year. It has a 6/14 expiration. Same customer ID and program ID as the last "brochure" I got (three page fold out with the Mustang on the front.)

So it looks like I'll knock off another $750. WOO HOO!
Old 4/29/10 | 11:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

Does the certificate specifically say that it cannot be used with the Z-Plan?
Old 4/29/10 | 11:06 AM
I am Shauny Clause
MOTM July 2010 Winner

you are not screwed out of x-plan. The plan does not apply till the sale paperwork is done.

you just need an x-plan pin # at delivery to get the discount.
Old 4/29/10 | 11:27 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Stinger1982
you are not screwed out of x-plan. The plan does not apply till the sale paperwork is done.

you just need an x-plan pin # at delivery to get the discount.
PM sent with questions. thx

But just got informed that X-plan requires pin before negotiations start, guess I'm screwed.

Last edited by IT_Guru; 4/29/10 at 11:53 AM.
Old 4/29/10 | 11:34 AM

I applied for the online brochure on Monday, Im gonna call and see if I can get it over the phone also.
Old 4/29/10 | 11:53 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by fritzOSU03
Does the certificate specifically say that it cannot be used with the Z-Plan?
Yep, not valid with A/Z/D plans.
Old 4/29/10 | 11:54 AM
I am Shauny Clause
MOTM July 2010 Winner

PM sent with questions. thx

But just got informed that X-plan requires pin before negotiations start, guess I'm screwed.
bull**** on what the dealer said.

Xplan is xplan they can not deny you.

they do not need the pin before hand thats BS

I will try to find out who your field rep is out there if they continue to **** with you
Old 4/29/10 | 11:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by corvettedreamin
Yep, not valid with A/Z/D plans.
D'OH! That's what I thought. Oh well, at least I'll get a catalog. That's worth $750, right?
Old 4/29/10 | 11:56 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by fritzOSU03
D'OH! That's what I thought. Oh well, at least I'll get a catalog. That's worth $750, right?
You can list anything on eBay.
Old 4/29/10 | 11:59 AM
I am Shauny Clause
MOTM July 2010 Winner

IT:

pm me your dealer name and the name of who told you x-plan pin is required before hand.

there is NO negotiation on x-plan price. X-plan price is printed on the invoice.
Old 4/29/10 | 12:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Stinger1982
IT:

pm me your dealer name and the name of who told you x-plan pin is required before hand.

there is NO negotiation on x-plan price. X-plan price is printed on the invoice.
It wasn't the dealer, he just told me he would take the X-Plan, its the guys over at Blue Oval, where I was trying to get a PIN that said I violated the plan rules and tehy couldn't give me one. Don't suppose anyone has a PIN or knows another site to request them?

Blue Oval said because it was already built, already agreed on a price that I couldn't get a PIN. But dealer says if I show up with a PIN they will gladly sell it to me for X-plan. It's technically a stock order so I don't see the problem. But that said I don't want to violate any rules.
Old 4/29/10 | 12:25 PM
Bullitt Member

It wasn't the dealer, he just told me he would take the X-Plan, its the guys over at Blue Oval, where I was trying to get a PIN that said I violated the plan rules and tehy couldn't give me one. Don't suppose anyone has a PIN or knows another site to request them?

Blue Oval said because it was already built, already agreed on a price that I couldn't get a PIN. But dealer says if I show up with a PIN they will gladly sell it to me for X-plan. It's technically a stock order so I don't see the problem. But that said I don't want to violate any rules.
Crisis adverted, Blue Oval guy now say since dealer is ok with it I can have a PIN - if anyone responds to my request. Hopefully they will, my car is due any day now and it would save me a boat load of cash.
Old 4/29/10 | 12:35 PM
Cobra R Member

You can use x-plan on ANY car if the dealer accepts x-plan. It doesn't have to be a retail order or a dealer stock vehicle. It's simply a pricing mechanism from the manufacturer that helps both the prospective buyers and the dealers.
Old 4/29/10 | 12:37 PM
Bullitt Member

I asked straight for the sales manager, said I wanted to ask questions on X plan. He said it's not worth his time to mess with the X Plan and he'll just go invoice to save me some hassle and money.

Quick Reply: For people waiting for Brochure discounts