2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Ordered a Grabber Blue 2012 GT, Trading In My '11

Search this Thread

Old 5/24/11, 08:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Double-EDad
Was exactly my thought, but now that the clutch has misbehaved I am thinking of just not even touching it until the day the new car gets here, at which point I'll drive it to the dealer and say, "Here ya go, you might wanna look at that clutch", and then not look back...
Oh, I LIKE that!
Old 5/24/11, 08:59 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congratulations on the order! Grabber Blue is the best color, in my opinion, and I'm going with the automatic myself when I order my Performance White GT Coupe in a few days.
Old 5/24/11, 11:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re the private cash and the rebate - they (my "internet sales team" at the dealer) assured me that I am locked in regardless. Don't know how, but since I had one good car-buying experience with them already, I choose to believe them.
I emailed my dealer today. She said their Ford rep was in today so they asked and were shown how to lock in incentives so I am all set. Deysha gave me an eta of 6/21 today too which obviously can change but if it gets here then it's all moot. Thanks again EDad, I appreciate it.
Old 5/25/11, 10:09 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by jaybertx
I emailed my dealer today. She said their Ford rep was in today so they asked and were shown how to lock in incentives so I am all set. Deysha gave me an eta of 6/21 today too which obviously can change but if it gets here then it's all moot. Thanks again EDad, I appreciate it.
You’re quite welcome. Incidentally my 2012 brochure arrived yesterday in the mail, 9 days after I requested it. It had “the information (I) requested and the offer (I) didn’t expect!” a.k.a the customer cash coupon, but as stated above it was already in the ordering system electronically at least 2 days ago.

I have a couple of local people interested in buying my 2011, so I’ve decided to take it in for state inspection and the clutch issue (potentially the pressure plate bolt TSB) next week some time. Just gotta find someone who can drive it there for me since my wife refuses to ever drive it again...
Old 5/27/11, 06:00 PM
Cobra R Member

After much deliberation I decided to try to add the back-up/reverse camera to my order 1st thing this morning. The dealer tried, but then later said it was too late, because my order had already been "turned over to production". I don't know what that means, but it sounds like PROGRESS to me!!

(nyeh, not concerned about missed option, i could go either way, and this decided it)

Maybe there's only 7 weeks to go now!
Old 5/28/11, 05:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

After much deliberation I decided to try to add the back-up/reverse camera to my order 1st thing this morning. The dealer tried, but then later said it was too late, because my order had already been "turned over to production". I don't know what that means, but it sounds like PROGRESS to me!!

(nyeh, not concerned about missed option, i could go either way, and this decided it)

Maybe there's only 7 weeks to go now!
This was my only regret ...... I did the same thing. I basically was able to change my order completely after a a couple of weeks, then I called my dealer back another week later told him to add the camera but he said it was too late. Mine is not a DD but it would still come in handy.
Old 5/28/11, 07:42 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Big Papi's Pony
This was my only regret ...... I did the same thing. I basically was able to change my order completely after a a couple of weeks, then I called my dealer back another week later told him to add the camera but he said it was too late. Mine is not a DD but it would still come in handy.
I'm not too upset since I wanted to eventualy add the GT500 rear spoiler anyway. I also discovered that there are multiple options in the aftermarket for adding a reverse camera (many mount the camera on the license plate), some of which work thru a new rear-view mirror!

Maybe one of those mirrors has an auto day/night feature that actually WORKS, unlike the Mustang's....
Old 6/9/11, 03:26 PM
Cobra R Member

THE '11 IS SOLD!

OK, didn't want to say much on here until it was a done deal, but my buyer just pulled away in my '11 vert, exactly ONE YEAR, almost to the minute, from when I took delivery of it on June 9th, 2010.

So frickin' hot here he didn't want to put the top down.

So now I am on the glide path to the '12, which is still on track for the official ETA of 6/21/11.
Old 6/9/11, 03:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

OK, didn't want to say much on here until it was a done deal, but my buyer just pulled away in my '11 vert, exactly ONE YEAR, almost to the minute, from when I took delivery of it on June 9th, 2010.

So frickin' hot here he didn't want to put the top down.

So now I am on the glide path to the '12, which is still on track for the official ETA of 6/21/11.
Congrats it won't be long now everything is falling into place for you.
Old 6/9/11, 09:17 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats!! Can't wait til you get your new one.
Old 6/9/11, 10:22 PM

It's a tough hit but we don't have a crystal ball. There's no WAY anyone could have talked me into an auto trans last year, and until I lived with a coupe loaner overnight I wouldnt believe I'd want it over a 'vert but now I do, without a doubt. My wife told me this GB coupe is what I should get the 1st time around, before I bought the PW 'vert. but I am an idiot, didn't heed her wise advise, and now it's obvious she was right.

Not totally paid off yet, but am closing on a house sale next month from which I'll pay it all off.

I am getting $30K trade-in value for my '11. The dealer in Richmond only wanted to give me $27k, and CarMax was smokin' some serious dope with an offer for outright purchase from me of $24K. Based on that, $30k seemed fair enough to me.
What was your OTD price on the '11?
Old 6/10/11, 06:59 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by JimmyM
What was your OTD price on the '11?
When I bought it a year ago (when 5.0's had been out maybe all of 4 or 5 weeks), the '11 vert's MSRP was $41,075, and with x-plan, $500 rebate, + $750 private cash coupon I got it for $37,100, which I thought was pretty good. With TTL it came out to about $38,500 as the OTD price.

My 'vert had 8624 miles on it when buyer got it from me for $31,500, and he had to pay about $1000 at the DMV for the title + registration + tax. So I did a little better than on my trade-in, and he got a nearly-new 5.0 'vert for about $10K off sticker. I'd say that was a win-win - a reasonably good deal for both of us.

Last edited by Double-EDad; 6/10/11 at 07:02 AM.