2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Offset, bolt pattern and TPMS differences 05-14

Search this Thread

Old 4/15/14, 08:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Offset, bolt pattern and TPMS differences 05-14

Hi is bolt pattern and offset same all year on 05-14? When were TPMS included? What if I put on wheels with no TPMS - what would happen just annoying light? I want to get some low cost wheels to put snow tires on for my '14. Thanks!
Old 4/15/14, 09:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 670 Likes on 542 Posts
The bolt pattern is, yes. The offsets are different depending on the widths, though. 05s were 35mm offset for the 8" wide, then 40mm when you went up in widths, such as 9 or 9.5 or 10s (for the back only, those 10s)

The TMPS were included for 08s and up.. I think the '07s got 'em too. The first kinds were the strap on kinds, strapped onto the wheels. I want to say these strap on kinds can be used with any wheel, but don't hold me to that. The kinds they use now, of course, are the valve stem mounted ones.

If you put on wheels and tires with no TMPS sensors, then yes, the light will come on. You can learn about the 'pipe bomb', which is stuffing the sensors in a closed pipe with a valve stem on it, but you'll need to get the strap on kind and stuff 'em in there, and put 35 PSI in it. Don't get them near the other ones though.

You might check to see if you can get the TMPS mounted on whichever rims you want, or just put some tape over the light...

Last edited by houtex; 4/15/14 at 09:05 PM.
Old 4/16/14, 03:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by houtex
The bolt pattern is, yes. The offsets are different depending on the widths, though. 05s were 35mm offset for the 8" wide, then 40mm when you went up in widths, such as 9 or 9.5 or 10s (for the back only, those 10s)

The TMPS were included for 08s and up.. I think the '07s got 'em too. The first kinds were the strap on kinds, strapped onto the wheels. I want to say these strap on kinds can be used with any wheel, but don't hold me to that. The kinds they use now, of course, are the valve stem mounted ones.

If you put on wheels and tires with no TMPS sensors, then yes, the light will come on. You can learn about the 'pipe bomb', which is stuffing the sensors in a closed pipe with a valve stem on it, but you'll need to get the strap on kind and stuff 'em in there, and put 35 PSI in it. Don't get them near the other ones though.

You might check to see if you can get the TMPS mounted on whichever rims you want, or just put some tape over the light...
Why is it neccessary to use the strap on type only in a container verses stem type?

John