Observations about who comments on your Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 3/10/11, 12:13 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Observations about who comments on your Mustang

Teenage boys go ape.

Teenage girls...OH HEY CHRIS HANSON.

Young guys say nothing. They are busy thinking they are hot stuff driving 18,000 dollar BMWs and Lexus they bought at Carmax.

Old white guys notice more often and I usually have a good chat with them. Although once in a while you will get an old hater in a dirty 2005 GT give you jelly (jealous) eyes in the parking lot.

Last observation: YOUNG CHICKS. DIG. THE STANG. Especially the 2010+ newer body and glass roof. The after-market Bassani (soon to be gone due to drone) gets the right kind of attention and not the "listen to that jerkoff coming from 4 miles away."

Combined with the evolutionary truth that women are more attracted to men who are around other attractive women, when I drive out to DC in my freshly waxed red 5.0 with my GF in the passengers I get positive attention from almost every girl on the street.

It. Is. Awesome. I love Red Candy, even if the clearcoat scratches way too easily. This car is rad. (Still think it's a tad floaty, but not pouring any more cash into it).

Old 3/10/11, 01:10 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by jokerstars
Combined with the evolutionary truth that women are more attracted to men who are around other attractive women, when I drive out to DC in my freshly waxed red 5.0 with my GF in the passengers I get positive attention from almost every girl on the street.
Don't get too too excited. No offence but there's a good chance they're diggin your GF not you.

Not that you can't reap the benefits; my ex-gf was pretty hot, there were a few times where we had a "third". You just have to know the ground rules and stick to them, and it can be a good thing. Just make sure YOU'RE freshly waxed too. It's worth the pain.
Old 3/10/11, 05:08 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 124 Likes on 100 Posts
I thought it was me and my Mustang getting all the 'chicks'. Now i think it was Chico. The 'chicks' can't keep their hands off him. I told Chico to at least share the 'chicks' with me.......he won't. I was getting gas the other day and a beautiful 'chick' was kissing Chico....right in front of me

Attached Thumbnails Observations about who comments on your Mustang-img_0441.jpg   Observations about who comments on your Mustang-img_0447.jpg  
Old 3/10/11, 06:24 AM
Cobra Member

I really scared an old lady the other day when I revved my engine at a friend when going down the street. The magnaflow w/ xpipe is pretty **** loud. But I do get a lot of people looking at me when driving.
Old 3/10/11, 06:39 AM
Bullitt Member

Have you tried some Dynamat in the trunk of your car to kill some of the Drone? It helped in my '07 Shelby with the FRPP (stingers). Paid $80 for the big universal kit and just started sticking it all over the trunk and wheel wells (inside the trunk). Drone is affected by frequency so you may be able to change the characteristics of your body's acoustic properties by applying material like dynamat as it can keep thin metal from resonating. Worth $100 try and road noice would be reduced anyway.
Old 3/10/11, 06:39 AM
Bullitt Member

I get a ton of compliments from teenage girls. They always say I love your car when I pull up or am sitting at a light. Teenage boys say look at the milf and her car. Then we have the adult women they shoot me cocky looks all the time and the men stare and comment about the car and myself all the time. They seem to be surprised that a chick drives a mustang come on boys it's 2011 yes women drive mustangs! : ) and look good doing it
Old 3/10/11, 06:41 AM
GT Member

Anybody else get car stalkers?

I walked back to my car from a store to find a dude & his GF/W checking out my car in the parking lot. During the ensuing conversation, he says, "You work at [address] and park in [specific part of lot]. See, I've got photos of your car on my cell phone. Your car [was at the time] the only 2011 sold by the local Ford dealership. I went there and checked up on it."

My car gets attention from men, mostly. The ones who approach me usually have had one or more Mustangs themselves.
Old 3/10/11, 08:18 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've had a few men of various ages comment on my Mustang or ask a question. Never a woman. Same thing for the Corvette and the MR2 Turbo that came before.

Last edited by RandyW; 3/10/11 at 08:20 AM.
Old 3/10/11, 08:26 AM
V6 Member

I tend to get more older men commenting on it. I have had several of them that have owned late 60s mustangs come up to me and chat. I enjoy the conversation and am just as envious of them to have owned a classic mustang. I've had several coworkers and friends at the gym comment on the exhaust. Everyone seems to love the sound.

Haven't had any chicks check it out yet. Maybe I'm driving in the wrong places.
Old 3/10/11, 08:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

The people that usually approach me about my car are older guys that know something about cars.

Yesterday after lunch I was in the parking lot in my car with an old friend showing him the Mustang since it was the first time he had seen it. While we were talking, two older guys (probably in their 70s), came walking up and walking around the car.

When we got out it startled them since they coudln't see us through the tint. The one older guy was going on and on about Motor Trend's tests and the affordability. It really is nice when car people comment on how nice it is.

The other time i remember is a guy at my daughter's daycare commented on it and he was driving a WRX STI. Nice guy again with a lot of knowledge. Probably about my age.

The people who seem to turn their heads a lot or don't want to discuss cars are the new Camaro owners. I don't know WTF is up their rears, but they have some huge chip on their shoulder. For some reason they don't seem like car people at all. I'll get a dirty look from them and some even get dumb enough to want to start a race.
Old 3/10/11, 08:42 AM
V6 Member

I get no compliments. I see some people checking it out though. "One" neighbor came to check it out and we chatted for a bit. Thought I would get more attention but no. I look young so I know there's alot of jealous peeps out there that won't give me the time of day. But when I see a nice mustang I will give them props. All mustang owners should be brothers!!!!
Old 3/10/11, 08:44 AM
V6 Member

For some reason my bit*h of a wife gets more attention than I do! Were don't get along so I can call her what I want. 
Old 3/10/11, 10:59 AM
Bullitt Member

It gets alot of attention, some good and some bad. I live buy a College (Geneva College)and when i was sitting at a light the other day i saw 3 girls walking across the street just staring and smiling at it. I heard one girl say she loved the color. Made me feel good!
Old 3/10/11, 12:50 PM
Cobra Member

On my way home from work, a guy in a chevy pick up , pulled up next to me and was like, "man that is a beautiful car, my son loves it to" then i seen his 5 year old son pop up and say " I really like your car, it looks soo cool!!" made my week there..
Old 3/10/11, 12:57 PM
MOTM Committee Member

I've gotten so many compliments on mine its really too much to list.
Old 3/10/11, 01:19 PM
3rd Times A Charm

My favorite comment was from some 30+ year old woman.

I was out taking some pictures right after installing my front facia.

She walked up and told me, "you know that's not a 5.0" as she points at my emblems! Hahahaha!

She called me out as a poser!
Old 3/10/11, 01:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by S197 GT

She walked up and told me, "you know that's not a 5.0" as she points at my emblems! Hahahaha!

I wouldn't even know how to respond to that.
Old 3/10/11, 02:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Im not gonna lie thats funny as hell bc it was a woman. Props though that she knows of the legendary 5.0
Old 3/10/11, 05:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Older guys for sure who had a 65,66,67 etc. The kids at my high school I work at all love it then their parents see it and all the stories of 80s mustangs start again!!! Candy red also helps draw attention.
Old 3/10/11, 05:39 PM
MOTM Committee Member

What did you say to her???!!!

Quick Reply: Observations about who comments on your Mustang