Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Obligatory Pony Acquisition Celebratory Thread

Search this Thread

Old 6/30/10, 08:05 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HokieCodeMonkey
I left work the instant I saw a voicemail from my dealer when my car arrived. I also took the next day off. That was leave well spent.
It was a Wednesday for me. I took off a couple hours early (it wasn't to be ready until the afternoon anyway). But that was mostly to beat a storm front that was coming and get the car home to my garage before the deluge. Thanks to my salesman rushing us thru the delivery, I made it home just in time!
Old 7/1/10, 02:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

I wish I had a garage for my car. Took a few evening shots by request! Still not great, the phone takes poor evening pics, but hopefully it gives you an idea. I played around with MyColor as well. Interestingly enough, it seems the default MyColor, or at least the color mine came in, is Ice Blue (... Ice, Ice Baby).

And there's another daytime pic of my car with... wait, what's that in the foreground in the garage? Is that a... why yes, yes it is. It's my mother's Camaro SS. Funny enough, that's actually the car that drove me up to get my Mustang GT (necessary since I wasn't doing a trade in). It is a manual. It was in the garage so I couldn't take a good shot of it, and no quips about the Camaro getting the garage please, I don't own the garage. Anyway, thought I'd relate that rather amusing anecdote of what ended up parking alongside my Mustang GT when I went to get it (Wanted to take a pic, but there were a few spots between them and the lighting was poor so I forgot about it, this will just have to do).

The final pic is what I found in the parking lot at work on Wednesday. That's a 2011 Mustang V6 Premium (confirmed by dual exhaust) with, I believe, the Pony Package, and an Automatic Transmission. Looks nice. ... I parked a couple spots from him that day. I'm so mean.
Attached Thumbnails Obligatory Pony Acquisition Celebratory Thread-img_0249.jpg   Obligatory Pony Acquisition Celebratory Thread-img_0250.jpg   Obligatory Pony Acquisition Celebratory Thread-img_0252.jpg   Obligatory Pony Acquisition Celebratory Thread-img_0254.jpg   Obligatory Pony Acquisition Celebratory Thread-img_0256.jpg  

Old 7/1/10, 02:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Your Mom will hate you now..lol.. J/K.. Both are nice.
Old 7/1/10, 02:48 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Very nice. You have a cool mom haha! And you can see the rear headrests/160mph speedo on the V6.
Old 7/1/10, 02:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 28.
Your Mom will hate you now..lol.. J/K.. Both are nice.
They are both nice. I of course prefer mine, but hey, she prefers hers. Of course we haven't driven each others' cars yet really, hmm...

And thanks everyone for the compliments. I'm extremely pleased with how well the color combo worked out. Since it lacks a garage, I'm actually considering a cover for it in case of bad weather. Probably won't throw it on all the time, but if there's the threat of hail I though it would be a good idea.
Old 7/1/10, 03:14 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Let me tell you from experience. Get a car cover. My car is Laser Red Tinted Clearcoat Metallic. After 10 years of being in the sun, you will see the clearcoat fade and it will look like crap. I hope that Ford has made improvements to their paint over the years, but Red Candy looks almost identical to Laser Red. Get the cover and don't look back.

My paint looks like shyt after 10 years and 110k miles of being in the sun. Could it have looked better if I took care of it from day one? Maybe, but it wasn't my car for the first 28k miles of its life. I plan to have it repainted eventually, but just saying. Might as well drop the couple hundred bucks on a good cover now and keep it waxed!