Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

New Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 4/7/14, 11:20 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Suspension

Hey everyone! I am thinking of dropping my Stang but I don't wanna drop it too much. Whats the minimum I should drop? I'm not looking at racing or anything, just like the look. Also, what brand of springs should I be looking at? Lastly, am I messing with the warranty by dropping the car?
Old 4/7/14, 12:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I would say drop the car at least an inch. 1.5 looks really good too. It's about the most you can drop without messing up the geometry of your suspension. You can't go wrong with Eibach. I had them on my last mustang and the ride was great. No other suspension parts, just the Eibach pro kit. Alignment was fine, no other parts needed.

As far as your warranty goes... It shouldn't affect anything. I am not sure if shocks and struts are covered in the bumper to bumper, but that would be the only thing that wouldn't be covered. Has no baring on the powertrain since the suspension isn't related to the performance of it.
Old 4/7/14, 01:35 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BMR is the a good option if you only plan to drop the car without having to upgrade struts and shocks. Although I typically recommend upgrading your dampers when you get lowering springs you can get by with BMR springs and their PHB. Springs rates are conservative at 165F/ 160R. Hope this helps!
Old 4/7/14, 01:42 PM
Bullitt Member

OK lets say 1 inch and if I only change the springs I don't need to worry about the shocks and struts? Is Ford Racing recommended?

Also what do I need to purchase other than the springs to get them installed? Im planning on buying the springs off of american muscle and taking it to my mechanic for install.
Old 4/7/14, 02:11 PM
Bullitt Member

I went with BMR springs. Awesome. Love the drop and ride. I paired them with Koni strt. Lowered springs will wear out stock struts and shocks early.

If ur paying for the install might as well do the struts and shocks too. No sense in doing an install twice and wasting the money.

Pay once cry once. Go cheap and keep paying. Sound advice I got from another poster on here.

New Suspension-image-1851976713.jpg

New Suspension-image-1227399780.jpg

New Suspension-image-3960286727.jpg
Old 4/7/14, 03:57 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Bocefus
I went with BMR springs. Awesome. Love the drop and ride. I paired them with Koni strt. Lowered springs will wear out stock struts and shocks early.

If ur paying for the install might as well do the struts and shocks too. No sense in doing an install twice and wasting the money.

Pay once cry once. Go cheap and keep paying. Sound advice I got from another poster on here.

Very true sir

My experience is a bit different than a lot of people in here, I've personally tested most of the suspension parts I sell with supporting components and non supporting. I've also taken a lot of these cars to about 12 different force protection driving classes which help in any given situation you can find on the street. I've tested a lot as well on the track

We try our best to answer questions based off experience and not whats read on the brochure
Old 4/7/14, 09:23 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Bocefus
I went with BMR springs. Awesome. Love the drop and ride. I paired them with Koni strt. Lowered springs will wear out stock struts and shocks early. If ur paying for the install might as well do the struts and shocks too. No sense in doing an install twice and wasting the money. Pay once cry once. Go cheap and keep paying. Sound advice I got from another poster on here.
^^This, except I have my BMR springs and panhard bar paired with Steeda Pro-Action shocks & struts. Konis work just as well. Couldn't be happier!! Great combo of stance and handling.
Old 4/7/14, 10:13 PM
V6 Member

I went with the FR adjustable suspension. It's a 1" drop. I just got it installed a week ago so i haven't played around with it yet but it does look good from a drop stand point and I didn't notice it making the ride any harsher than the track pack setup that came stock. I haven't had a chance to fling it around yet but others have said it is a great improvement. If you go this route, although it isn't mentioned in the parts list, it does include caster-camber bolts and they are the full diameter not smaller like the Eibach ones.

Scott
Old 4/8/14, 02:14 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
We currently have our springs & other parts on sale for a limited time ... you can save 10%.

Our Mustang Sport Springs will lower the vehicle approx 1 inch front, 1 1/4 inch rear. The S197 Mustang sits high in the rear, these springs will give it a more aggressive look

Here is a video that was done on our springs:

Yes, you can do just springs, however we do recommend that you change a few other parts, especially to get the most performance/best ride out of your new springs.

An adjustable panhard bar will help re-center your rear-end after the drop. Our's is made in the USA and features a lifetime warranty.

Heavy-duty upper strut mounts are much stronger than OEM mounts and will also allow you to adjust your camber +/- 1 degree after the drop. Too much negative camber will increase inside tire tread wear. Though you do want some negative camber for increased handling.

We also recommend an upgraded set of dampers to go with the new springs as the stock dampers are designed for the stock spring rates. Your ride quality will not be as good with stock dampers and aftermarket springs as it would with aftermarket springs and dampers.

Best Regards,

TJ