Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

New Spy shots - Red Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 1/4/08, 04:45 PM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,983 Likes on 1,607 Posts
Originally Posted by Boomer
Ok I don't know about you, but I consider the 98 to 99 different, regardless of the symantics about the Chassis.

its a different car with different look and different interior...
When people say next gen... they really mean the next 'look change' most of the time, and not an actual chassis/platform change.

Well it appears that you obviously misread my post. For I clearly stated, that every body panel will be changed, except for the current greenhouse..

In other words, similar to the SN-95 re-style from 98 to 99..

Perhaps my wording wasn't quite clear enough, however I never claimed nor did I ever consider the SN-95, as NOT being different from 98 to 99..but was trying to get across, that only the greenhouse remained from 98 and carried over to the 99..

As for the interior..the basic twin cockpit dash/gauges, along with the door panels, and steering wheel..also remained un-changed through out the SN-95's 10 year production run..

I don't know about you, but despite it's body panel changes..I don't recall anyone who considered the 99 re-style, as the next gen Stang..

It was simply referred to as, the re-designed SN-95..

Although the 2010 will have a different look, and different interior..The current greenhouse, will remain the same. As will the basic platform, and S-197 model #..

Therefore, as far as I'm concerned..The next gen Stang won't arrive, until at least the 2012/13 model year..
Old 1/4/08, 04:46 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Regarding the antenna, I never understood the need or desire to shave it anyways. Visually it doesn't make much of a difference either way...
Old 1/4/08, 05:09 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Looks Good so far!!!
Old 1/4/08, 05:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by rrobello
Another thing I notice in the rear shot of these pics is that the third brake light does look kind of high, could be a ducktail with a light integrated in or it could just be the camo making it look deceptive....lol.
Maybe the third brake light is now intergrated into the spoiler. Like the 1994/1995 SVT Cobras.
Old 1/5/08, 03:42 AM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

Originally Posted by Twin Turbo
Nah, I don't think the '05-'08 will look dated as it's such a classic looking car. The '10 will look different and some will prefer it's more modern take, but that takes nothing away from the current car.

My favourite year of Mustang is the '69, but I still love all the others that went before it.

Well, that's me just trying to convince myself I'll not want the new car
Im just quoting what someone who has seen it told me. My understanding is that the next one looks so much more radical and better that it makes the current one (which IMO is an awesome car) look like chopped liver. Thats all. Its a comparison, not knocking the current stang.
Old 1/5/08, 09:36 AM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by rrobello
Im just quoting what someone who has seen it told me. My understanding is that the next one looks so much more radical and better that it makes the current one (which IMO is an awesome car) look like chopped liver. Thats all. Its a comparison, not knocking the current stang.
No worries matey, I realise you weren't knocking the current car.

To be honest, I'm sure, for a while at least, our current S197s will look "a little older", at least in direct comparison with the '10. The answer is to ensure you don't park next to a new one
Old 1/5/08, 11:25 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow..gauges on the A pillar...F/I?
Old 1/5/08, 11:41 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by boduke0220
wow..gauges on the A pillar...F/I?
Could be just test guages...don't get all horny
Old 1/5/08, 06:27 PM
Cobra Member

**** perverts...theres kids on here ..like arin!
Old 1/5/08, 10:05 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Not YET, anyway
Old 1/6/08, 10:17 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
It definitely looks like it has hips, but it also looks like there is a scary amount of plastic chrome inside of the headlight buckets... At this point it's going to be pretty much full production pieces under the camo. At least they finally put mirror skull caps on. If I worked at Ford, I would probably be a bit afraid to tinker with Mustang designs. One of the easiest cars to screw up. A Toyota product, you can just put any bulges and plastic chrome and silly looking sloth noses on them and people buy em.

Although looking at the headlight grille interraction, the sketch on the wall seems to jive with it, along with the GT500-style lower grille. If they can go a bit bold with the headlight surrounds then trim it hard with a hood bulge and sharp cut for the grille like the sketch, it might look pretty good. Still dont know what the hell is going on with the taillights, I hope they aren't trying TOO hard.
Old 1/6/08, 10:23 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rhumb
Yeah, can't tell too much more than those previous shots. Does seem to have a slight "hip" ala the '65'-'66 Stangs.

PS Also shots of the upcoming Camaro too at Jalopnik, including some interior shots. Looks like it will be remarkably close to the concept car overall.
Its amazing when you have to make a concept a road car that adding an inch here and there makes it look so chunky. The interior is all production, and yes, 1985-style greyish plastic buttons continue to run through GM products. The interior looks awful, SSR series 2...Cobalt parts fused with showcar-like elements, the gauges look like they were stolen out of a 1972 Pantera GTS. With annoying vette door-popper buttons no less. Ugh. Funny enough, the car looks like an Aussie car.
Old 1/6/08, 02:36 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
But does the trunk section between the taillights carry-over along with the outline of the taillights - that is a real question to whoever has seen the real McCoy undressed....

I can see the center emblem through the camo, and I saw a corner of one taillight in one shot that seems to make me think the arc and all that is still there, but I'm curious because obviously our honeycomb panel is already a good fitting part, and I'd hate to have to re-tool it if we didn't have to. I do see the side windows are the same, good for our louvers

The lower grill we knew would end in 09, so no problems there, and all the billet can be re-engineered without too much grief. Otherwise, I'm starting to like it - can't wait to get our hands on a mule for a SEMA buildup...( we can dream )
Old 1/7/08, 06:04 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by kevinb120
It definitely looks like it has hips, but it also looks like there is a scary amount of plastic chrome inside of the headlight buckets... At this point it's going to be pretty much full production pieces under the camo. At least they finally put mirror skull caps on. If I worked at Ford, I would probably be a bit afraid to tinker with Mustang designs. One of the easiest cars to screw up. A Toyota product, you can just put any bulges and plastic chrome and silly looking sloth noses on them and people buy em.

Although looking at the headlight grille interraction, the sketch on the wall seems to jive with it, along with the GT500-style lower grille. If they can go a bit bold with the headlight surrounds then trim it hard with a hood bulge and sharp cut for the grille like the sketch, it might look pretty good. Still dont know what the hell is going on with the taillights, I hope they aren't trying TOO hard.
I remember seeing an 05 mule a few years ago with plasti-chrome around the headlights, I hope to God they are blacked out again with the 2010, as long as nobody from the schizo Focus design team got their paws on the Mustang...
Old 1/7/08, 08:11 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Black331
I remember seeing an 05 mule a few years ago with plasti-chrome around the headlights, I hope to God they are blacked out again with the 2010, as long as nobody from the schizo Focus design team got their paws on the Mustang...
I'll second that, Ford doesn't need to screw up the headlights/tail lights of what looks to be a very nice restyle
Old 1/8/08, 11:13 AM
Bullitt Member

Does anyone besides me see the similiarities?

http://images.leftlanenews.com/conte...volution-x.jpg
Old 1/8/08, 11:56 AM
Bullitt Member

I added the three pod pillar and it looks good - much more functional than the dash gauges.
Old 1/8/08, 12:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Wolfsburg
Regarding the antenna, I never understood the need or desire to shave it anyways. Visually it doesn't make much of a difference either way...
It's not that big of a concern. However, I do feel it makes a world of difference when the antenna is shaved. IMO
Old 1/8/08, 12:36 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by RKNMACH
I added the three pod pillar and it looks good - much more functional than the dash gauges.
I'm guessing because they are real and not idiot gauges like we are used to
Old 1/8/08, 03:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by MustangFanatic
I'll second that, Ford doesn't need to screw up the headlights/tail lights of what looks to be a very nice restyle
+1 I see the chrome in the headlight bezel and it makes me think of the chrome accent piece on the side of the new Focus.....I hope I'm wrong

Quick Reply: New Spy shots - Red Coupe