2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

new info on my GT/CS hold

Search this Thread

Old 5/25/10 | 04:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by HokieCodeMonkey
Well I read somewhere something that made more sense than anything i've read so far. The post was by this guy who had talked to his dealer and he had said that there was a shortage of Pirelli Tires.

Now this I will bite on. If there is a slow trickle of Pirelli's that would explain the slow trickle of cars being released across the board. GT's, V6's, ALL CS's wear Pirelli's. Can this be confirmed or denied?

Good investigating BUT candle of vengence still being lit...........
Old 5/25/10 | 05:06 PM
Cobra R Member

Well I read somewhere something that made more sense than anything i've read so far. The post was by this guy who had talked to his dealer and he had said that there was a shortage of Pirelli Tires.

Now this I will bite on. If there is a slow trickle of Pirelli's that would explain the slow trickle of cars being released across the board. GT's, V6's, ALL CS's wear Pirelli's. Can this be confirmed or denied?
Gonna go with "MYTH BUSTED" . . .

Do you think they're building all these cars and parking them on the rims? Or substituting some other tire just for production?

Production hasn't stopped. Shipping has. Not the tires. A-pillar trim.
Old 5/25/10 | 05:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by corvettedreamin
Gonna go with "MYTH BUSTED" . . .

Do you think they're building all these cars and parking them on the rims? Or substituting some other tire just for production?

Production hasn't stopped. Shipping has. Not the tires. A-pillar trim.

Now the question is: Are newly produced cars also missing this A-trim? And when does the A-trim supply get in?
Old 5/25/10 | 05:13 PM
GT Member

I ordered my car 4 weeks ago to the day, and I do not have a VIN.

As the dealer promised me my car "in 6-8 weeks" I called him today. He told me that the Ford rep was there, and he assured me that I will HAVE my car by July 1. So that means serializing, building, shipping, and delivering in about 5 weeks. I call BS. But we will see.

If I don't get at least a VIN in the next week or so, perhaps I'll just go find a 2010 GT500. Anyone know of a black or red convertible going for invoice?
Old 5/25/10 | 05:48 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

I ordered 9 Mustangs for our store this week. This week's commodities restrictions (things we can't order because there is a supplier issue) per Ford are....
  • 255/40/19 Pirelli tires (part of Brembo pkg),
  • all 18" Pirelli Tires (found on Pony Pkg, MCA SE, GT 300A Deluxe models),
  • 19" Painted Luster Nickel Wheels (option code 64V), and
  • the 5.4L Aluminum V8 (GT500).
Any cars ordered and awaiting production that have any of the parts above cannot be scheduled. Not sure how this affects cars already built (it shouldn't!).
Old 5/25/10 | 05:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
I ordered 9 Mustangs for our store this week. This week's commodities restrictions (things we can't order because there is a supplier issue) per Ford are....
Any cars ordered and awaiting production that have any of the parts above cannot be scheduled. Not sure how this affects cars already built (it shouldn't!).

That was terrifying to read. Looks like I'm okay.
Old 5/25/10 | 06:00 PM
Cobra R Member

Have any retail GT/CS's been delivered? I can't say I've seen a single one.

test drove a black one
Old 5/25/10 | 06:29 PM
V6 Member

I Was having a really good day until I read this. My Ford Rep. called my on Monday and Said my GT500 would be scheduled this Thursday.

My Father-In-Law called me and said his 2011 Shelby came in and it only took 6 weeks from scheduled to delivered.

Now I see my car wont be scheduled because they dont have any 5.4 engines.

Bummer.
Old 5/25/10 | 06:36 PM
GT Member

Well, this sucks. I ordered these wheels.

Sigh. Anyone with a good price on a 2010 GT500 convertible, black on black? Anyone? Beuhler? Beuhler?
Old 5/25/10 | 07:21 PM
V6 Member

Sine mine has been built since 4/13 where the hell is it then ?

Old 5/25/10 | 07:39 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by mfbris
Sine mine has been built since 4/13 where the hell is it then ?

Good question!!!
Mine-Built 4/21
Old 5/25/10 | 07:43 PM

My local dealer in CT had a Kona Blue GT Premium and a Black base GT. I stopped and looked at the Kona last sunday and it was just sitting in the lot.

I just checked their website right now and it looks like the Kona is sold....they are now listing just the black base.

I am assuming these were both stock orders.
Old 5/26/10 | 04:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

I wonder what sales have been like for the first few months. Are they much higher than expected? I figure the target has to be around 10k per month. Are we talking 15k?

Edit
-----------------------
Looks like sales are in the 5k range. Doesn't add up. That seems to indicate that the cars sitting at aai are not considered to be "sold", even the retail orders.

Last edited by coffeejolts; 5/26/10 at 04:35 AM. Reason: answered my own question
Old 5/26/10 | 07:28 AM
Bullitt Member

I swear if they are holding cars so profits fall in quarter 2 I'ma Killsomeone
Old 5/26/10 | 08:25 AM
V6 Member

I swear if they are holding cars so profits fall in quarter 2 I'ma Killsomeone
If you need some help, call me!
Old 5/27/10 | 09:11 PM

Any updates? Or is this a bunch of BS!
Old 5/27/10 | 09:35 PM
GT Member

Ok so that means still no retail GT/CS... anyone heard differently?
You can check Cars.com. I see a couple of CS models:

http://www.cars.com/for-sale/searchr...RUMB&pgId=2102
Old 5/27/10 | 09:43 PM
GT Member

Exclamation

Tell 'em to slap some Michelins on and get it out to me...I'm already built, but i'm still on hold for some reason, too...

Holy **** -- If that June 20 release date is correct (meaning I get it around the 27th) I may as well re-order or try to ****** up a leftover '10 or 370Z
Old 5/27/10 | 10:08 PM

ordered ingot siliver gtcs automatic comfort package remote start ordered 4/15 built 5/3 eta 5/12

|

Full view
You may not know this sender.Mark as safe|Mark as junk
Sent: Thu 5/27/10 2:40 PM
To: GARYREEVES@CABLEONE.NET
----- Original Message ----- From: <bac@ford.com>To: <SGUNNELS@PREMIERSALESANDSERVICE.COM>Sent: Thursday, May 27, 2010 1:36 PMSubject: RE: SR# 1-BB96YQ Webform Submission > Dear Stan,>> Thank you for your Dealers Ask Ford inquiry. All 2011 mustangs were put > on hold. At this time, we do not have an ETA (estimated time of arrival). > The mustangs are being reworked, and once they are completed, they will be > shipped.>> You may continue to track the status of this vehicle through the Vehicle > Visibility website.>> To access Vehicle Visibility:>> 1. Log on to the FMCDealer website.>> 2. Click on the Sales tab.>> 3. Click on Vehicle Ordering and Sales Programs.>> 4. Click on Vehicle Visibility.>> 5. Select Search by VIN or Search by order number/body type.>> A link to Vehicle Visibility may also be accessed through the Dealers Ask > Ford (DAF) Tool by performing a search for key words such as: "status", > "locate" or "shipping.">>>> If you feel this is an error or if you have any questions about this > response, please reply to this email within one business day. If we do > not hear from you within that time, this inquiry will be closed.>> If you have a different inquiry, please visit Dealers Ask Ford.>> Sincerely,> Ford Motor Company> Vehicle Order Processing Center>>>>>> -----Original Message----->> From: SGUNNELS@PREMIERSALESANDSERVICE.COM> To: bac@ford.com> Subject: SR# 1-BB96YQ Webform Submission>> DealerCode: 23D462> Dealership: Premier Ford L-M Inc> Phone: 6623273673> OtherInfo: ORDER UNIT VIN # 1ZVBP8CF3B5116573 BULIT MAY 3 NOT SHIPPED YET > ORDER #0012> Contact Name: Stan Gunnels> EXT:> P and A Code: 05928> Email: SGUNNELS@PREMIERSALESANDSERVICE.COM> System Reported Job Role: Sales Manager> CDSID/WSLxID: S-GUNNE1>
Old 5/27/10 | 10:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Best.... post.... ever.

Myth Confirmed.