2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

New Body

Search this Thread

Old 4/28/06, 07:50 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img] i just love that car. i will eventually own one, or build something similar. its my favorite bodystyle and one of my favorite engines. not trying to trash anyone else's choice, i was just being a little flamboyant with my opinion [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
Old 4/29/06, 02:32 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so looking at the poll --- we have strong support for the BOSS / Mach 1 era.

I love the 351 engine ... but I think we will only see the 4.6, 5.4 and some modification of them for higher performance. A high reving Boss would be sweet ...

sigh ... hurry up and wait.

PS ... I just got my order of 5 1969 Die Casts and 1 2005 stang ( for my little boy [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img] ) .. toys toys toys [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 4/29/06, 07:29 AM
V6 Member

I would love them to go back to the old looks... and especially to get a closer look to the Boss 429 [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img] thats the best boss and best design i have ever seen.... and talk about the SE I would love to see the gt500 go back to the older styled one... with those wide tailights...
Old 4/29/06, 10:27 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(saud alzaabi @ April 29, 2006, 8:32 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I would love them to go back to the old looks... and especially to get a closer look to the Boss 429 [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img] thats the best boss and best design i have ever seen.... and talk about the SE I would love to see the gt500 go back to the older styled one... with those wide tailights...
[/b][/quote]
Just let Ford use the cool spoiler and window slats and don't forget the CDC Shaker
Old 5/1/06, 07:36 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shelby GT500KR @ April 29, 2006, 11:30 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Just let Ford use the cool spoiler and window slats and don't forget the CDC Shaker
[/b][/quote]
and by the way, I have a rough sketch of a Boss 429 s-197 style mock-up I made, I just need to find it. If I do, I'll post it in automotive art. I really need help on a lot of stuff.
Old 5/2/06, 08:17 AM

The Boss 351 motor was probably the best American small (medium?) block of the day, what with its stout lower end and massive ports and valves on the Cleveland heads. Too bad it was a one-year only model, though the motor got used on early DeTomaso Pantera's too, if I recall.

The rest of the car, while nice, was getting quite porky by that point though and lacked the agility and alacrity of the Boss 302, even if it was a touch faster straightline.
Old 5/2/06, 07:51 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shelby GT500KR @ May 1, 2006, 8:39 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
and by the way, I have a rough sketch of a Boss 429 s-197 style mock-up I made, I just need to find it. If I do, I'll post it in automotive art. I really need help on a lot of stuff.
[/b][/quote]

Here it is. It may be messy but its only a rough draft.

Not one of my best drawings [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
Attached Thumbnails New Body-scan0002.gif  
Old 5/4/06, 04:01 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TheMustangSource @ April 24, 2006, 9:40 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I'd like a retro body and a convertible SE without a lot of decals.
[/b][/quote]
Like this? Its still not done but its a Boss 429 Convertible

[attachmentid=48326]
Old 5/11/06, 08:36 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Knight
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DrunkenDragon713 @ April 25, 2006, 11:10 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I've said this once before, Ford should team up with Toyoda, make a 400+ hp, 400+ tq car that gets 25mpg city/30mpg hwy. That would be a monster! (but it'll never happen)
[/b]
high hp toyota s get just as bad gas milage as any other car.[/quote]

I can add that a team up like that could cost you your torque. Toyota can make a high HP engine but like most of their cars the have little to no torque (never driven a Supra though) Prime example compare a Tacoma to a Ranger or better yet a Tundra to an F-150. And whats a Mustang with out torque?
Old 5/12/06, 01:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DrunkenDragon713 @ April 25, 2006, 11:10 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I've said this once before, Ford should team up with Toyoda, make a 400+ hp, 400+ tq car that gets 25mpg city/30mpg hwy. That would be a monster! (but it'll never happen)
[/b]
high hp toyota s get just as bad gas milage as any other car.[/QUOTE]

Boy, I guess I can't read well. B/C when I read the specs in the link below, I see a 300+ HP car with 277ft/lbs of torque that gets 28MPG highway and 21 City with an A/T versus the Mustang 300 HP 320ft/lbs that gets 23MPG Highway and 17 City with an A/T.
http://www.lexus.com/models/is/350_specifications.html
I am not at all trying to bash the stang, simply put.. it is my favorite car available today; however, ford could benefit from Toyota on a few fronts, Weight and engine tech are a couple. This is an apple and orange comparison tho and truely unfair. The point is that there is such a thing as high horse power and decent fuel economy. I would take a 300 HP/275ft/lbs V6 mustang that gets 28MPG any day of the week.
Old 5/12/06, 01:37 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by jarradasay
Boy, I guess I can't read well. B/C when I read the specs in the link below, I see a 300+ HP car with 277ft/lbs of torque that gets 28MPG highway and 21 City with an A/T versus the Mustang 300 HP 320ft/lbs that gets 23MPG Highway and 17 City with an A/T.
http://www.lexus.com/models/is/350_specifications.html
I am not at all trying to bash the stang, simply put.. it is my favorite car available today; however, ford could benefit from Toyota on a few fronts, Weight and engine tech are a couple. This is an apple and orange comparison tho and truely unfair. The point is that there is such a thing as high horse power and decent fuel economy. I would take a 300 HP/275ft/lbs V6 mustang that gets 28MPG any day of the week.
...the chevy impala is 303hp engine does 28mpg..the 2004 350hp GTO does 28mpg also... 28mpg...is not that great of gas mileage... You are forgetting the point that the 2005 mustangs aerodynamics like a brick....add a 6th gear and improve aero and it'll do 28mpg...

Stop thinking toyota is god...they aren't and they have lacked a passion for auto making since they started.
Old 5/12/06, 03:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

...the chevy impala is 303hp engine does 28mpg..the 2004 350hp GTO does 28mpg also... 28mpg...is not that great of gas mileage... You are forgetting the point that the 2005 mustangs aerodynamics like a brick....add a 6th gear and improve aero and it'll do 28mpg...

Stop thinking toyota is god...they aren't and they have lacked a passion for auto making since they started.
So that is why they are so successful!! thanks for clarifying that.
Wasn't your arguement that a high horsepower Toyota gets the same gas mileage as any other car? Now it's toyota lacks passion???
Chevy impala and GTO both employ DOD. So basically you are quoting the gas mileage of a 4 banger and 4 banger horses, as there is not 300 horses while the car is in shutdown mode. 28 MPG is great gas mileage! don't know what you are thinkin??? If you have a vendatta against Toyota thats fine, but don't let that get out of control and tell people how to think. Like I said there is no other car on the market that I would rather have then the mustang, but come on, toyota is lacking in automotive passion that is a crock. Toyota started out as cheap rust buckets and now they are the benchmark of quality and soon to be largest automaker in the world. Their sales have continued to grow at an incredible rate while GM and Ford tumble. And many of their cars have more domestic content than even our beloved mustang. See yesterday's Wall Street Journal. Mustang only has 65% US/Canadian content. So even the live in America, buy American tag doesn't even fit as well as it used to.

Six gear would more than likely have a very small effect on gas mileage as typically automotive MFGs squeeze the ratios to nearly the same final gear ratio as 5 speeds to improve acceleration. Not to mention the added weight. But again I'm not arguing against a 6 speed, actually I'd love to see that option available.

You're not going to aero 5MPGs out of the mustang without it looking like every other bubble car out there. While aero does play a part in mileage, to reach an additional 5MPG with a 3700lbs car is not too likely.

Toyota is not god, but they are the number one profitable automaker in the world right now, so to say they are not passionate or argue that there isn't something to be learned from them is way off base.
Old 5/12/06, 04:15 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Originally Posted by jarradasay
So that is why they are so successful!! thanks for clarifying that.
Wasn't your arguement that a high horsepower Toyota gets the same gas mileage as any other car? Now it's toyota lacks passion???
Chevy impala and GTO both employ DOD. So basically you are quoting the gas mileage of a 4 banger and 4 banger horses, as there is not 300 horses while the car is in shutdown mode. 28 MPG is great gas mileage! don't know what you are thinkin??? If you have a vendatta against Toyota thats fine, but don't let that get out of control and tell people how to think. Like I said there is no other car on the market that I would rather have then the mustang, but come on, toyota is lacking in automotive passion that is a crock. Toyota started out as cheap rust buckets and now they are the benchmark of quality and soon to be largest automaker in the world. Their sales have continued to grow at an incredible rate while GM and Ford tumble. And many of their cars have more domestic content than even our beloved mustang. See yesterday's Wall Street Journal. Mustang only has 65% US/Canadian content. So even the live in America, buy American tag doesn't even fit as well as it used to.

Six gear would more than likely have a very small effect on gas mileage as typically automotive MFGs squeeze the ratios to nearly the same final gear ratio as 5 speeds to improve acceleration. Not to mention the added weight. But again I'm not arguing against a 6 speed, actually I'd love to see that option available.

You're not going to aero 5MPGs out of the mustang without it looking like every other bubble car out there. While aero does play a part in mileage, to reach an additional 5MPG with a 3700lbs car is not too likely.

Toyota is not god, but they are the number one profitable automaker in the world right now, so to say they are not passionate or argue that there isn't something to be learned from them is way off base.
you're wrong....about everything.

and the gto doesn't have displacment on demand. and you can't say its just because the impala does...thats like saying its because toyota has vvti...its just another device in an engine like any other.

and obviously you don't know how toyota was started.
Old 5/15/06, 08:55 AM
Mach 1 Member

I dont want to get this forum turned into a huge argument.

My point about DOD not counting was that it creates a tremendous drop in Horsepower, quite unlike vvti, vtec, ford's CVT, or any other variable valve adjusting system. Couple DOD with the toyota engine referenced above and indeed you would be talking about much better gas mileage.

So once again, the arguement that high horsepower engines cannot get good gas mileage is incorrect.

Sorry for my error on the GTO. I would; however, like to know where the data was sourced?? The data I find shows the A/T with only 21MPG. All of the previously quoted data refers to A/T. Surely M/T data was not supplied to skew the data.
I am not wrong, I am operating from Data, not opinion. Data shows that Toyota is the number one profitable automaker in the world now. Data shows that a high horsepower engine can be fuel efficient. Data shows that the final gear ratio of most six speed transmissions, specifically sport cars, have a similar final gear ratio to that of the 5 speed. That is a trend that may change in the future.

Have I ever owned a Toyota... No.
Chances of me owning a Toyota...Slight (more then likely a Lexus if anything). I have loved my last three mustangs, and look forward to my next one.

Toyota was founded by a gentlemen named Kiichiro Toyoda. The company name is an alternative Japanese pronounciation of the family name. (Ta or Da meaning field). He founded the company in 1937. In 1938 they initiated JIT manufacturing. Their first export car to the US was in 1957 the same year that Toyota Motor Sales was established in the US. They sold less then 300 to their surprise. The sixties, seventies, and early eighties were met with continued difficulty Despite sales increases and quality improvement thanks in part to Quality control procedures implemented with the assistance of Dr. W. Edwards Demming. Demming went to Japan with his ideas after being refused in America. This started an onslaught of quality improvement at Toyota.

But this is a mustang forum, so lets get back to the '09,'10.
What do you think about the side sconces on the present body style.
I think a 69 style upper quarter scoop would look increadible on the stang. Similar to Kenny Brown's racer. ( I heard he was looking for dealers to sell his cars, anybody know if he found any??).
Old 5/15/06, 09:11 AM
Needs to be more Astony

alright i'll pm you my responce so the forum doesn't have to hear the arguement.
Old 5/15/06, 12:29 PM
GT Member

Well, staying clear of the Toyota/DOD debate , I'd prefer to see Ford "evolve" the current bodystyle. I love the looks of the 2005+, but I still dream about the concept car the mustang was based on--Cleaner, sharper lines but still unquestionably mustang.

I'd also like to see an SE somewhere in price and performance between the GT and GT500.