2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Need Advice

Search this Thread

Old 9/30/16 | 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by TheReaper
No forged internals ?
Unfortunately no. I didnt get to rebuilding the engine bc for one its like 5k just for the short block and upwards of 10-15k for the whole long block. I did my research and just bought a set up capable of doing a crap tone of power but kept it low bc i didnt wanna over due it. 150 shot has given me no problems and it put a smile on my face everytime. If no one buys it before i leave on deployment when i get back i will just keep it and rebuild the engine.
Old 9/30/16 | 10:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Coyote5-0
Nitrous tends to scare off some people as well, and also some people want the power always there. Just be patient and post the ad everywhere
What he said.

I'd walk away from a car with nos. Not saying there is anything wrong with your car, personally it scares the crap out of me. I don't want my floorpan to blow off.
Old 9/30/16 | 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Coyote5-0
Nitrous tends to scare off some people as well, and also some people want the power always there. Just be patient and post the ad everywhere
Very true i do wish i could have the power all the time. But nothing can beat that power band on nitrous. I reach max torque at 4200rpm and max hp at 5000rpm. I go from 460hp to 641hp in a split second, no turbo or supercharger that out puts the same amount of hp and torque as mine is gonna reach that power band that fast. Nothing against superchargers or turbos but they just cant compete with nitrous for not only the money but how much power it brings to your engine at not only very low rpm but very high rpm as well. The power band is unreal, only down fall i will be honest is launching with the 460 ponys then a 2nd later having the nitrous engage it makes the tires spin like crazy, but i have a gage that allows me to setup the nitrous in stages when i race from a dig to help. And stickey azz drag radials help alot too. Eventually i will switch to a supercharger if i keep the mustang, but i would have to be pushing 700+ to keep up with nitrous setup i have now. But a setup like that would cost alot of money.
Old 9/30/16 | 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by trackpack13gt

What he said.

I'd walk away from a car with nos. Not saying there is anything wrong with your car, personally it scares the crap out of me. I don't want my floorpan to blow off.
Lol i was in the same boat, trust me when i say this i spent alot of money on safety features and put countless hours on the dyno. Technology and the aftermarket world has increased alot. The safest thing i did for my set up was my air fuel gage. It is not only an air fuel gage but its my safety net. It allows me to put parameters in such as min bottle psi, and max air fuel ratio so that way if my engine does run lean for whatever reason it cuts the nitrous off to prevent any damage. It was a 550 dollar insurance policy basically, but its awesome. I do have a window switch as well but the parameters on that isnt really a saftey net for it only allows me to set when the nitrous can engage it doesnt cut it off if my engine runs lean. Running lean is the biggest issue any person runs into when having any force induction system. Most ppl spend about 2k on there nitrous set up i spent 4k. I would like to think that i have one of the baddest nitrous setups on any late model mustang still on stock motor. Nevertheless i can put all the safety features in the world on my car and some ppl will still be scared of the nos. Personally i think ppl stereotype the use of nitrous, but i cant change the vibes ppl have on nitrous. I love it man it just puts a smile on my face everytime i spray.
Old 9/30/16 | 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by JonsMustang
I think it's too heavily modified that people think it was use for track or racing. People tend to buy stock than heavy modified cars.
This might be true. I daily drive it and its not like i use nitrous to go to grocery store. Im in complete control when i spray. When i daily drive im on my NA tune. Only really use nitrous on the dyno for tuning purposes, but we finally got all the bugs figured out. Late model restoration did a phenomenal job.
Old 10/4/16 | 01:03 PM
I Have No Life

Good luck with the sale. As others mentioned above, most folks (including myself) shy away from purchasing any vehicle that has nitrous... heavily modified cars, as long as it's done well, should have no issue selling.