Sponsored By:

Navigation Voice and Radio Volume.

Search this Thread

Old 4/29/14, 02:24 PM
Ford In-Vehicle Technology Rep

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dmhines
Ford IVT -

When you perform the the Master Reset in your lab on a Mustang Naviation system does the system reboot? Mine sits for several seconds then says Master Reset COmplete. I have seen videos of MyFord Touch Master resets .. and it does wipe out everything and reboots the system. The non-MFT navigation does not behave that way it appears.

Can you can confirm if SYNC has anything to do with the Naviation speech? Or are they two totally seperate programs.

I will send VIN if that helps.
Hey dmhines,

I received your PM before I saw this post. You are correct, the MyFord Touch system completely reboots when a master reset is done. The navigation system in your Mustang is a little different. Although I normally recommend to make a note of your navigation favorites and radio presets before performing a master reset, the master reset will normally only delete the phone information on this type of system.

The navigation prompts are separate from the SYNC prompts. If the master reset did not solve your concern, please bring this to the attention of your dealership the next time you're in for service.

Kim
Old 4/29/14, 05:44 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dmhines
Just want to clarify .. you have a brand new 2014 with Navigation .. and your radio sound does not lower when Navigation speech is on?

I have a 2013 that I just brought into the dealer. I can't ever remember not hearing navigation because of the radio. After I brought it into the dealer for oil change I have the problem of not hearing the nav and having to turn radio down and nav voice up.

I'm only guessing they did an update while it was there. Not sure how to check what version I have on car. I also noticed a slider on the left side that shows how close to a turn you are. I can't remember that being there either. I had the car parked for most of the winter so it had been a while since I drove it.

The Ford person helping keeps mentioning my ford touch.... We have Sync. Hoping he/she is talking sync and not touch.
Old 4/29/14, 06:07 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mine has the slider. Syncmyride should have correct version if dealer did the updrade.
Old 4/30/14, 07:07 PM
Ford In-Vehicle Technology Rep

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Ace Red
I'm only guessing they did an update while it was there. Not sure how to check what version I have on car. I also noticed a slider on the left side that shows how close to a turn you are. I can't remember that being there either. I had the car parked for most of the winter so it had been a while since I drove it.

The Ford person helping keeps mentioning my ford touch.... We have Sync. Hoping he/she is talking sync and not touch.
Hi Ace Red,

Sorry if I confused anyone by mentioning MyFord Touch. I was referring to a previous comment about that system.

It sounds like the dealership may have installed an update. If you run a Vehicle Health Report, your account at: www.Support.Ford.com will automatically update your software version information (assuming the Vehicle Health Report feature is active for your Mustang). Here are the instructions for basic SYNC: http://support.ford.com/sync-technol...th-report-sync and here are the instructions if you have navigation: http://support.ford.com/sync-technol...ync-navigation

Kim
Old 5/1/14, 07:18 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did the Health status. Here's what it says now.......

SYNC with Voice-Activated Navigation ? Gen1 - V4.1.3

Same as before.
Someone else pointed out a higher number. it says it was updated 12-21-2012 and that's up to date. Not sure I believe that.

Also, I ran the health report and when I try and view it all it does is go to the locate a dealer section on the website. What's up with that?