2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

narph's 2014 GT Track Package Carnage *not for the faint of heart*

Search this Thread

Old 2/17/14, 12:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Had to sign an Authorization Form at the dealer, and let's just say, it could have been much worse.
Old 2/17/14, 02:43 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
^ Yeah... you could have owned a Camaro.

Old 2/17/14, 02:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5
^ Yeah... you could have owned a Camaro.

Lol. I was just a touch away from buying a 1LE Camaro. Only reason I didn't was the Mustang I found was such a good deal, that a 1LE wasn't worth it at that point. Plus, Mustangs are more readily customized to suit ones tastes. I would say I am more of a Chevy guy than a Ford guy, but I'm also not a super brand elitist

Also got a shipping notification for my MGW! Should be here Thursday. Unfortunately, I probably won't be able to do the install this weekend as all the lifts are currently occupied.
Old 2/17/14, 05:49 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by narphenal
Lol. I was just a touch away from buying a 1LE Camaro. Only reason I didn't was the Mustang I found was such a good deal, that a 1LE wasn't worth it at that point. Plus, Mustangs are more readily customized to suit ones tastes. I would say I am more of a Chevy guy than a Ford guy, but I'm also not a super brand elitist Also got a shipping notification for my MGW! Should be here Thursday. Unfortunately, I probably won't be able to do the install this weekend as all the lifts are currently occupied.
Awesome news on the MGW! That will surely take your mind off the fender. Speaking of which, how's the repair coming?
Old 2/17/14, 06:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Awesome news on the MGW! That will surely take your mind off the fender. Speaking of which, how's the repair coming?
Got it scheduled for the 25th for repair.

I'll probably take it up to the shop this weekend and install the MGW and do an oil change, over to Joe Gibbs 5w-50.

Also thinking about doing something similar for wheels. I've always loved Black and Green, and my last mustang was black with green stripes.

Old 2/17/14, 06:13 PM
I Have No Life

Got it scheduled for the 25th for repair. I'll probably take it up to the shop this weekend and install the MGW and do an oil change, over to Joe Gibbs 5w-50. Also thinking about doing something similar for wheels. I've always loved Black and Green, and my last mustang was black with green stripes.
You'll have to let us all know (different thread) how your install with the MGW went, and of course your first drive and your impressions of it. So maybe things all happen for a reason. Your fender bender got you on your way to getting your latest mod
Old 2/17/14, 06:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Glad to hear everything worked out for you; I'm feeling very optimistic now. Got an appointment with the body shop for the 25th!

Ironically, I've always been the person that parked far away from everyone else, I just happened to drive by the busy parking!

Great. Did they say how long it would take?

My daughter was recently involved in the same kind of accident. Her fault. Backed into to someone. Did a little less than $500 for each car. Had to have her bumper replaced. She has a Honda Fit. I think all cars should come with rear cameras. I love mine.
Old 2/17/14, 06:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Mustang Mama
Great. Did they say how long it would take? My daughter was recently involved in the same kind of accident. Her fault. Backed into to someone. Did a little less than $500 for each car. Had to have her bumper replaced. She has a Honda Fit. I think all cars should come with rear cameras. I love mine.
They said a minimum of three days... We'll see. Hopefully quickly.
Old 2/17/14, 06:42 PM
Bullitt Member

You'll have to let us all know (different thread) how your install with the MGW went, and of course your first drive and your impressions of it. So maybe things all happen for a reason. Your fender bender got you on your way to getting your latest mod
Absolutely!
Old 2/17/14, 06:54 PM
Bullitt Member

They said a minimum of three days... We'll see. Hopefully quickly.

That is about how long it took for mine. I've lived in several states. This area has been the worst place for cars. My last Mustang was a magnet for dents, dings and scratches. My daughter has had the same problem.
Old 2/17/14, 07:07 PM
Bullitt Member

That is about how long it took for mine. I've lived in several states. This area has been the worst place for cars. My last Mustang was a magnet for dents, dings and scratches. My daughter has had the same problem.
Which part of Texas are you from?
Old 2/17/14, 09:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Which part of Texas are you from?

Seminole. Will be moving in a few months to Denton, hopefully. An area with much more crazy traffic.
Old 2/17/14, 09:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Seminole. Will be moving in a few months to Denton, hopefully. An area with much more crazy traffic.
Heck, I'm only about 1 away in Odessa. We have the same bad traffic!
Old 2/18/14, 05:02 AM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I might just have my dad pickup the rental car, and just have me drive it. Luckily we share the same name.
Don't get caught, in an accident, or ticketed. If the rental car company finds out from any of these mentioned ways, you can be charged (your dad) with fraud.
Old 2/18/14, 05:08 AM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Had to sign an Authorization Form at the dealer, and let's just say, it could have been much worse.
Poor advertisement for young drivers trying to convince their parents they want a Camaro or Mustang for their drive.
Old 2/18/14, 09:09 AM
Bullitt Member

Heck, I'm only about 1 away in Odessa. We have the same bad traffic!

Haha, we have talked about this before. Midland/Odessa is not too bad, but I have not been there during rush hour. Denton is more like Lubbock. I-35 runs through it. Lots of traffic backing up on the interstate at exits because of red lights immediately at the exit. I have been spoiled by the light traffic here. My daughter has adjusted to it and drives crazy like they do. lol.
Old 2/18/14, 10:50 AM
Bullitt Member

Haha, we have talked about this before. Midland/Odessa is not too bad, but I have not been there during rush hour. Denton is more like Lubbock. I-35 runs through it. Lots of traffic backing up on the interstate at exits because of red lights immediately at the exit. I have been spoiled by the light traffic here. My daughter has adjusted to it and drives crazy like they do. lol.
The big problem is the sheer amount of people here due to the oilfield, and everyone is a horrible driver.
Old 2/25/14, 07:28 AM
Bullitt Member

Well, just dropped her off at Sewell Collision center... They told me she'd be ready on Friday, the day before my birthday.
Old 2/25/14, 07:39 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome news! I was told last week that mine might be ready Thursday. Fingers are crossed.
Old 2/25/14, 07:59 AM
I Have No Life

Narph, great to hear. Remember, in this instance, it's OKAY to be picky. Look that baby over 100 times... make sure it looks good, feels good, etc, to YOU. Don't leave that shop if you see any imperfection.

And of course, keep us posted

Quick Reply: narph's 2014 GT Track Package Carnage *not for the faint of heart*