Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

My steeda (and koni) goodies arrived!!!

Search this Thread

Old 5/2/14, 05:19 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Placed Marilyn on jack stands and removed front wheels on preparation for final front suspension install today.
Old 5/2/14, 05:06 PM
I Have No Life

Pathetic... Install for fronts took 1 hour. I was worked up over an install that was 50 times easier than my blower. To make things worse, I was going to pay a shop 400 bucks for that install. Wtf

Last edited by FromZto5; 5/2/14 at 05:08 PM.
Old 5/2/14, 05:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Pathetic... Install for fronts took 1 hour. I was worked up over an install that was 50 times easier than my blower. To make things worse, I was going to pay a shop 400 bucks for that install. Wtf
Now you see why we stressed doing it yourself if you have the time/tools. Or even if you have friends that will lend you the tools. Its sooooo not worth paying somebody else. Id be waaaaaay more afraid to tackle the supercharger install than suspension lol. So far the only thing i want to do to my car that i definitely wont install myself, is 3:73 gears
Old 5/2/14, 05:20 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by roadrunner
Now you see why we stressed doing it yourself if you have the time/tools. Or even if you have friends that will lend you the tools. Its sooooo not worth paying somebody else. Id be waaaaaay more afraid to tackle the supercharger install than suspension lol. So far the only thing i want to do to my car that i definitely wont install myself, is 3:73 gears
Tell me about it. I'm hesitant to post further details on this thread or just start a new thread. There really was nothing to it lol, so I'm thinking I just post some pics here. The hardest part was torquing the bolts to 166lbft.
Old 5/2/14, 06:40 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 111 Likes on 101 Posts
My experiences were the same - if I had remembered to charge my impact gun, the fronts would have been about 1.5 hours (and if I didn't have to run out and get a 18mm deep socket for said impact gun).

Rears were 45 mins including jacking the car, removing & installing wheels, etc... so easy. Makes me happy cause if I ever want to swap springs or upgrade to adjustable dampers, it is an easy job to repeat.
Old 5/3/14, 06:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

Very cool setup, can't wait to see the final product. To clarify, you used Steeda's competition springs, and they worked just fine with those lower spring seats? And will those seats work with any Steeda rear spring? I didn't even know you could buy those separately.
Old 5/3/14, 09:14 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by dmichaels
My experiences were the same - if I had remembered to charge my impact gun, the fronts would have been about 1.5 hours (and if I didn't have to run out and get a 18mm deep socket for said impact gun). Rears were 45 mins including jacking the car, removing & installing wheels, etc... so easy. Makes me happy cause if I ever want to swap springs or upgrade to adjustable dampers, it is an easy job to repeat.
Yeah I was really surprised. This taught me a lesson though: buy more tools! Lol. Esp impact guns.

Originally Posted by lakeguy77
Very cool setup, can't wait to see the final product. To clarify, you used Steeda's competition springs, and they worked just fine with those lower spring seats? And will those seats work with any Steeda rear spring? I didn't even know you could buy those separately.
I used steeda comp springs in front, then steeda coilover springs and perches in rear. Stiffness was almost same as comps, since they're 200lb/in rear. Comps are 185.
Old 5/3/14, 09:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

I used steeda comp springs in front, then steeda coilover springs and perches in rear. Stiffness was almost same as comps, since they're 200lb/in rear. Comps are 185.
I musta missed that part.
Old 5/3/14, 09:18 PM
I Have No Life

Install was completed yesterday. As I stated, my buddies and I were done so quickly, they didn't even stay for wife's homemade pizza! Haha their loss.

But yeah we were done in an hour, or maybe under. It was pathetically easy. Seriously. Those of you contemplating taking it to a shop, don't. Just get an impact gun, big torque wrench, and spring compressor. Done.

What do I think of the finished product? Deliciously superb. Those konis paired with those steedas is pure magic. Firm and planted, but not harsh. No body lean in turns. Sure footed. No wheel hop. Drag radials just hook when heated up. I love it.

Install pics:
Attached Thumbnails My steeda (and koni) goodies arrived!!!-image-862523818.jpg   My steeda (and koni) goodies arrived!!!-image-220266919.jpg   My steeda (and koni) goodies arrived!!!-image-4277844896.jpg   My steeda (and koni) goodies arrived!!!-image-4195975755.jpg   My steeda (and koni) goodies arrived!!!-image-864278865.jpg  

My steeda (and koni) goodies arrived!!!-image-1674656277.jpg   My steeda (and koni) goodies arrived!!!-image-3652198677.jpg   My steeda (and koni) goodies arrived!!!-image-631666651.jpg   My steeda (and koni) goodies arrived!!!-image-4108171208.jpg  
Old 5/3/14, 09:20 PM
I Have No Life

And of course, 1 good iPhone pic for last.

Post install, post alignment...all done, ready to tear up the road and corners
Attached Thumbnails My steeda (and koni) goodies arrived!!!-image-1948780661.jpg  
Old 5/4/14, 03:03 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 111 Likes on 101 Posts
What do I think of the finished product? Deliciously superb. Those konis paired with those steedas is pure magic. Firm and planted, but not harsh. No body lean in turns. Sure footed. No wheel hop. Drag radials just hook when heated up. I love it.
Those are some big wheels! Looks great though

I completely agree with your description above too after putting in my Koni's and SR springs last week. Much more confidence inspiring.

Car looks great!
Old 5/5/14, 03:44 PM

I think you have given me the courage to do the job myself. I will have to buy some of the tools but I don't mind doing that since I will have them forever.
Old 5/5/14, 04:40 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by dmichaels
Those are some big wheels! Looks great though I completely agree with your description above too after putting in my Koni's and SR springs last week. Much more confidence inspiring. Car looks great!
Thanks man! Yeah the ride is just so secure. Actually rides comfier than the stock shocks and struts IMO.

Originally Posted by The Beast 2014
I think you have given me the courage to do the job myself. I will have to buy some of the tools but I don't mind doing that since I will have them forever.
Np man. Yeah let us know how the install goes. Really easy.
Old 5/7/14, 10:25 PM
I Have No Life

Update: finally pushed her a little bit tonight... Then met a modded 2013 or 14 wrx along the way and we drove through some twisties. Wow, I'm really loving this new setup. The steeda springs paired with the konis just completely wake up the car into this non leaning poised machine. I didn't know how much fun and composed the car could be. The Subie couldn't keep up. We chatted afterwards and was shocked that all I did suspension wise was springs and shocks/struts. He did shake his head when he saw what's underneath the hood though

If Marilyn was fun to drive before, she's an absolute riot now. Power + handling? What a combo. I love these new mods.
Old 5/8/14, 07:27 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 545 Likes on 425 Posts
Update: finally pushed her a little bit tonight... Then met a modded 2013 or 14 wrx along the way and we drove through some twisties. Wow, I'm really loving this new setup. The steeda springs paired with the konis just completely wake up the car into this non leaning poised machine. I didn't know how much fun and composed the car could be. The Subie couldn't keep up. We chatted afterwards and was shocked that all I did suspension wise was springs and shocks/struts. He did shake his head when he saw what's underneath the hood though

If Marilyn was fun to drive before, she's an absolute riot now. Power + handling? What a combo. I love these new mods.
Old 5/8/14, 02:45 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This makes me want to do the same thing. I'm holding out though. I need a before at the ring before I do the suspension mods. Stance looks killer.
Old 5/8/14, 03:06 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,737 Likes on 1,234 Posts
Very nice Burton. She's sitting nice and low now.
Old 5/8/14, 06:41 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Stevedotmil
This makes me want to do the same thing. I'm holding out though. I need a before at the ring before I do the suspension mods. Stance looks killer.
Steve, the stock set up is decent... But slap some konis on there, and you won't look back. I know some folks were pushing me to do these mods way back when, and hindsight, I should've. It really helps with laying power to the ground. I don't think there is anyone who exists that got konis and thought they were bad or that stock was better.

Originally Posted by Stage_3
Very nice Burton. She's sitting nice and low now.
Tony, the stance is actually higher than before. 1" front and rear vs 1.5" with the Ks
Old 5/9/14, 12:20 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Steve, the stock set up is decent... But slap some konis on there, and you won't look back. I know some folks were pushing me to do these mods way back when, and hindsight, I should've. It really helps with laying power to the ground. I don't think there is anyone who exists that got konis and thought they were bad or that stock was better. Tony, the stance is actually higher than before. 1" front and rear vs 1.5" with the Ks
Old 5/9/14, 12:33 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Steve, the stock set up is decent... But slap some konis on there, and you won't look back. I know some folks were pushing me to do these mods way back when, and hindsight, I should've. It really helps with laying power to the ground. I don't think there is anyone who exists that got konis and thought they were bad or that stock was better.

Tony, the stance is actually higher than before. 1" front and rear vs 1.5" with the Ks
Anyone who says the Stockers are better than these Konis, should be gagged haha.

My friends laughed at how the front end of my GT would lift up under WOT. Significant reduction in body roll as well.

I'm happy that I am building my suspension now before I start working on power. Now I just need a blower thanks to you guys^^^^

Quick Reply: My steeda (and koni) goodies arrived!!!