The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2010-2014 Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/)
-   -   My steeda (and koni) goodies arrived!!! (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/my-steeda-koni-goodies-arrived-530048/)

FromZto5 4/29/14 05:30 PM

My steeda (and koni) goodies arrived!!!

2 Attachment(s)
After a crappy day at work, I was delighted to come home to my steeda parts! I now have all my suspension parts and am ready for the install. I'm so tempted to do the install myself, but I keep telling myself "patience burton-San" lol. I have the install date set for Friday at my trusted shop...that is only if the weather cooperates.

I have to hang my new steeda banner too.

I also love the linear look of the springs.

Full Koni and full steeda setup, here I come. Obviously, I'll post up a full review once they're all installed and driven. I decided to have my shop do it because I need to spend more time with my family instead of under my car lol. Plus I can make up for it when I give them a ride ;)

dburton_mi 4/29/14 05:35 PM

Love coming home to new toys.

Looks like I can be the first to jump in with... Those are going to rub :stirpot:

FromZto5 4/29/14 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by dburton_mi (Post 6796762)
Love coming home to new toys. Looks like I can be the first to jump in with... Those are going to rub :stirpot:

The only rubbing happening will be between me and Marilyn :)

Thamac15 4/29/14 05:51 PM

Can't wait to see the pics, it's gonna look even better than it already does.

Stage_3 4/29/14 05:56 PM

Very nice man!
I can't wait to see the new ride height. :nice:

laserred38 4/29/14 06:07 PM

Sports + Yellows right?

FromZto5 4/29/14 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Thamac15 (Post 6796773)
Can't wait to see the pics, it's gonna look even better than it already does.

Thanks buddy! I'm stoked for sure.

Originally Posted by Stage_3 (Post 6796775)
Very nice man! I can't wait to see the new ride height. :nice:

Thanks tony. Ride height wise, it's actually gonna sit slightly higher than the K springs. The new steedas will sit at 1.25 rear and 1.00" front as opposed to 1.5" all around for K springs

Originally Posted by laserred38 (Post 6796777)
Sports + Yellows right?

Koni yellows and steeda competitions!!!!

Stage_3 4/29/14 06:13 PM

So,..what made you change up your suspension?
Rough ride? Didn't like ride height?

FromZto5 4/29/14 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Stage_3 (Post 6796785)
So,..what made you change up your suspension? Rough ride? Didn't like ride height?

I got a ride in a buddy's setup at the track... It was awesome. Then I got a taste with the Koni rears that I put on. I didn't realize how much power I was wasting with rear end that didn't seem so "planted", you know? Once I got it planted, it felt so much faster. And the cornering stability, good lord... It was ahhmazing!!! I might end up tracking her some day.

Stage_3 4/29/14 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by FromZto5 (Post 6796789)
I got a ride in a buddy's setup at the track... It was awesome. Then I got a taste with the Koni rears that I put on. I didn't realize how much power I was wasting with rear end that didn't seem so "planted", you know? Once I got it planted, it felt so much faster. And the cornering stability, good lord... It was ahhmazing!!! I might end up tracking her some day.

Awesome man. :nice:

MJJ 4/29/14 07:15 PM

Good combo. You will enjoy the new set up!

Jay@Hypermotive 4/29/14 11:45 PM

Awesome Burton! That's what we try to tell everyone, dampers will totally change your car! For the better of course:)

todcp 4/30/14 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by FromZto5 (Post 6796789)

Nice choice; I am very pleased with mine on the track and street. My Boss 302 springs are similar rates but progressive vs linear. Just awesome combo with Koni Yellow's on Steeda's Comp or Boss springs.

Glenn 4/30/14 06:38 AM

I'll give you 300 bucks for the shirt??

Horspla 4/30/14 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Glenn (Post 6796931)
I'll give you 300 bucks for the shirt??

I'll sell you mine for $130. That should cover the speeding ticket I got last Friday. :(

John

FromZto5 4/30/14 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by MJJ (Post 6796811)
Good combo. You will enjoy the new set up!

Thanks Sean. I'll have to give you a ride on May 10th, at the next Karl's event. But yes, I got a taste of the Koni's in the rear, and it's marvelous. Now I want more.

Originally Posted by Jay@Hypermotive (Post 6796893)
Awesome Burton! That's what we try to tell everyone, dampers will totally change your car! For the better of course:)

Jay, thanks again for the help buddy. You've been a joy to work with. You and Dan... look at what you made me do to my car? ;)

Originally Posted by todcp (Post 6796920)
Nice choice; I am very pleased with mine on the track and street. My Boss 302 springs are similar rates but progressive vs linear. Just awesome combo with Koni Yellow's on Steeda's Comp or Boss springs.

Great to know... I appreciate it. I know your Boss will still run circles around me at the track. But at least I'm taking the steps in the right direction :)

Originally Posted by Horspla (Post 6797054)
I'll sell you mine for $130. That should cover the speeding ticket I got last Friday. :(

John

haha John... if you ain't gettin' a ticket, you ain't doing it right ;)

FromZto5 4/30/14 12:24 PM

Update for you guys... I keep changing my mind. But myself, and a couple of buddies will just install it Friday pm. They have done tons of suspension work, and have air impact, electric impact, spring compressors, etc.... so, they all laughed at me when I said I was going to pay $400+ for the install.

So instead, I'm buying them beer when they come over, and making them dinner. My wife is stoked that we're saving that much dough.

They are thinking start at 3:30 done by 7ish...

I'll get it aligned the next day.

edit: I gave props to Jay/Dan @ Hyper, but forgot to mention TJ, Frank, Rod, and Matt at Steeda. Great help folks. Thanks again.

The Beast 2014 4/30/14 02:11 PM

What would a shop normally charge to install a kit like this including a panhard bar in the bank and aligning the rear end? I have about 500 miles on my 2014 GT and don't have access to a lift or many tools. I have debated lowering the car but from a handling standpoint it sounds like it might be worth it.

FromZto5 4/30/14 03:11 PM

^ for a spring install and shock/strut install, you're looking at 400 - 500 bucks, then add alignment. So as you can see, doing it yourself will save you 400-500 bucks. Hence what I'm doing on Friday. Besides, I want to LEARN. :) So I will attempt this with a couple of knowledgeable buddies with tools. Wish me luck.

roadrunner 4/30/14 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by FromZto5 (Post 6797177)
^ for a spring install and shock/strut install, you're looking at 400 - 500 bucks, then add alignment. So as you can see, doing it yourself will save you 400-500 bucks. Hence what I'm doing on Friday. Besides, I want to LEARN. :) So I will attempt this with a couple of knowledgeable buddies with tools. Wish me luck.

YES!!!! I didnt want to say anything cause to each his own, but when i saw you post earlier about paying for the install, i said to myself "****, imagine what other parts he could have bought with the money spent on the install.. Oh well too bad."

Then i read your update, and again, HELL YEAHHH!!!! dude its so much fun doing this stuff. It is not as hard as it seems, and feels great to not only have the cool parts on the car but know more clearly how they're all connected + satisfaction of doing it yourself. When i get parts, i do it partially cause i want to improve performance but also for the fun of installing it.

Im sure you'll be successful with the installation, if even a noob like me could do it almost entirely on my own, you can definitely do it with a bunch of knowledgeable buddies. :nice: