2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

My little 2013 5.0 Project

Search this Thread

Old 6/16/12, 05:24 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BOSS302R

curb got in the way on a right turn, did a 180, ford never told me i have "summer tires only" live and learn.

engine cradle, like the bottom frame where the engine mounts to? and why replace from such a small hit?
I'm not 100% sure what they meant by it, I have to look on the paperwork when I'm off vacation. But it's an aluminum cradle and I guess it bends very easily. Which is why I would presume its bent on yours. It may be for a high impact crash so the engine ejects and if it's bent it could interfere with that. Summer tires only in Texas... Hmmmm lol.
Old 6/16/12, 07:07 PM
GT Member

curb got in the way on a right turn, did a 180, ford never told me i have "summer tires only" live and learn.

engine cradle, like the bottom frame where the engine mounts to? and why replace from such a small hit?
Sorry not Ford's fault it's common knowledge that brembo package comes with Summer tires
Old 6/17/12, 12:25 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by ShadowFox
I'm not 100% sure what they meant by it, I have to look on the paperwork when I'm off vacation. But it's an aluminum cradle and I guess it bends very easily. Which is why I would presume its bent on yours. It may be for a high impact crash so the engine ejects and if it's bent it could interfere with that. Summer tires only in Texas... Hmmmm lol.
my rear tire took pretty much all of the damage, but its all good, I'm almost back on the ground here in few days

Originally Posted by Barry626
Sorry not Ford's fault it's common knowledge that brembo package comes with Summer tires
and you know maybe only 10-15% of people actually know this? i ordered the track package because of brembos, torsen, upgrades springs, boss radiator, oil cooler.... i knew the tires were 255 over 245 on a base model (i think) but was not aware they were summer only. I think for safety reasons, ford should tell you verbally or show on paper.
Old 6/17/12, 12:31 AM
Bullitt Member

empty

Last edited by BOSS302R; 7/19/12 at 03:45 AM.
Old 6/17/12, 01:18 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
You might want to check your wheel bearings after taking a hit to a wheel like that--nevermind, I see you replaced the axle now.

Last edited by 06GT; 6/17/12 at 01:21 AM.
Old 6/17/12, 03:39 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 06GT
You might want to check your wheel bearings after taking a hit to a wheel like that--nevermind, I see you replaced the axle now.
yea the bearing was checked during axle replacement, everything spins nice and straight etc... a drive test will hopefully show any hidden damages, but to my eye all seems perfect so far.
Old 6/17/12, 11:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

Wheels look great. Looks like you went with my route and Plasti dip.
Old 6/17/12, 11:22 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

What's the status of your brake upgrade and what's the purpose of adding larger rotors in the rear? Looks?

BTW not only are the Pirelli's Summer only tires they lose traction starting as the temps drop below 60 and it states in the manual you should not drive your car with those tires when temps drop below 40. You've been notified. I ran the Pirelli's at TH in the rain up to 100 mph and they felt fine. Cornering was another issue and the TC saved me several times.
Old 6/17/12, 08:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by BackinBlack13
Wheels look great. Looks like you went with my route and Plasti dip.
how are your wheels holding up? and how long ago you plastidipped them?

Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
What's the status of your brake upgrade and what's the purpose of adding larger rotors in the rear? Looks?

BTW not only are the Pirelli's Summer only tires they lose traction starting as the temps drop below 60 and it states in the manual you should not drive your car with those tires when temps drop below 40. You've been notified. I ran the Pirelli's at TH in the rain up to 100 mph and they felt fine. Cornering was another issue and the TC saved me several times.
my rear rotor got damaged, i always wanted to upgrade the back a little to fit in the whole, cuz the front looks good, the back looks sissy, so i figured ill give bigger rotors a shot since more power is not needed. But yes mostly for looks.

yea they are not bad tires, i liked how they feel coming out of corners, predictable in the dry.

when is a good time to go to TH ? i want to go where there is least amount of people and mostly noobs cuz then i won't be freaking out LOL
Old 6/17/12, 09:05 PM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Can u land it ASAP??????
Old 6/17/12, 09:38 PM

No doubt the stock rear rotors are wimpy looking but they use the same size on the 302R and 302S race cars.

You should come check out ThunderHill on Sept. 23rd when I'm there next. It's too hot in July and August. Everyone has to start somewhere and HOD will give you an instructor to ride with you your whole first day. It's a blast and TH is a great place for a beginner as it has a ton of runoff room and very few walls.

http://www.hookedondriving.com/event...y_Registration
Old 6/18/12, 02:06 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by HizliBullet
Can u land it ASAP??????
Oh believe me it's driving me nuts too, but rear rotors and calipers are off and waiting on panhard bar for rearend, have to install that and align rearend.

I hope I'll love the steeda sport/lites combo, nobody has done this before so I thought I'd man up and give it a shot

Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
No doubt the stock rear rotors are wimpy looking but they use the same size on the 302R and 302S race cars.

You should come check out ThunderHill on Sept. 23rd when I'm there next. It's too hot in July and August. Everyone has to start somewhere and HOD will give you an instructor to ride with you your whole first day. It's a blast and TH is a great place for a beginner as it has a ton of runoff room and very few walls.

http://www.hookedondriving.com/event...y_Registration

If I do my special spin our trick, won't be any curbs in the way? LOL

Do you know what a stock 5.0 with regular tires and average driver can do a lap in at THill?
Old 6/18/12, 10:06 AM

Not sure how **** you are planning to be about the rearend alignment, but the easiest (and fastest) way to do the panhard adjustment is to load the rear suspension w/ jackstands under the axle tubes (preferably directly under the spring perches, then remove the existing PHB. The car will naturally return to axle-centered once the stock PHB is removed.

Then just install the new PHB and adjust length to fit.
Old 6/18/12, 05:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 06GT
Not sure how **** you are planning to be about the rearend alignment, but the easiest (and fastest) way to do the panhard adjustment is to load the rear suspension w/ jackstands under the axle tubes (preferably directly under the spring perches, then remove the existing PHB. The car will naturally return to axle-centered once the stock PHB is removed.

Then just install the new PHB and adjust length to fit.
thank you, but the front would have to be on the ground tho correct? plus i lowered the car, so the stock panhard was would not work because it would push the rear end more to one side, so I'm glad i upgraded that
Old 6/18/12, 07:48 PM

thank you, but the front would have to be on the ground tho correct? plus i lowered the car, so the stock panhard was would not work because it would push the rear end more to one side, so I'm glad i upgraded that
The front has to be either on the ground or on jackstands of equal height.

Yes, your stock PHB is now too long, and the rearend will be offset to one side. When you remove the stock PHB, the car will settle to center, laterally. Then you install the adjustable PHB, and and tune the length to fit the centered position.
Old 6/18/12, 07:54 PM

If I do my special spin our trick, won't be any curbs in the way? LOL

Do you know what a stock 5.0 with regular tires and average driver can do a lap in at THill?
No I don't and it won't matter anyway. You'll want to be concentrating on keeping your car on the track and not worrying about lap times. Drop me a PM if you're seriously interested in going in September.
Old 6/21/12, 06:34 AM
Bullitt Member

empty

Last edited by BOSS302R; 7/19/12 at 03:46 AM.
Old 6/23/12, 10:22 AM
Bullitt Member

empty

Last edited by BOSS302R; 7/19/12 at 03:46 AM.
Old 6/23/12, 10:38 AM
Bullitt Member

that looks awesome! Nice tips on the PHB adjustment. Whats your lead time on the MGW shifter? Im debating on getting those or the Steeda setup.

Last edited by autobred; 6/23/12 at 10:42 AM.
Old 6/23/12, 11:38 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by autobred
that looks awesome! Nice tips on the PHB adjustment. Whats your lead time on the MGW shifter? Im debating on getting those or the Steeda setup.
yea MGW is taking forever, maybe in a week ill get it, id hate to lift the car up again lol

Quick Reply: My little 2013 5.0 Project