2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

My Ford Dealer took my order for 2010 for Grabber Blue GT today,

Search this Thread

Old 10/23/08, 11:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They did add almost $2000 to the price tag from the 04/05 jump. (from $23,870 base GT to $25,570) Although not a lot, it might be close to what we see with the 09/10 jump. Then probably another small jump from 10/11.

I'm not saying you wrong that it'd be very stupid of Ford to raise the price so dramatically, but the bean counters at Ford has forced some very stupid decisions in the past, I'm not surprised by anything they do, or don't do for that matter.
Old 10/23/08, 12:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by DrunkenDragon713
They did add almost $2000 to the price tag from the 04/05 jump. (from $23,870 base GT to $25,570) Although not a lot, it might be close to what we see with the 09/10 jump. Then probably another small jump from 10/11.

I'm not saying you wrong that it'd be very stupid of Ford to raise the price so dramatically, but the bean counters at Ford has forced some very stupid decisions in the past, I'm not surprised by anything they do, or don't do for that matter.
I heard people mention on this forum that the jump wasnt that great. But even if it was, that was an all new body and powertrain, interior, everything! This uses the exact same chassis with new sheet metal and an upgraded interior. The 5.0 is a progression of the modular family and will also be used in the trucks and suvs. It can't cost that much more or those same bean counters would have never greenlighted this in the first place. I wouldnt doubt it if they have been able cut the cost of manufacturing due to technology advancements over the past few years.
Old 10/23/08, 06:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by FordBlueHeart
Your right, they will still sell, just not even close to as many as they do now or in the past. It would be a very stupid decision by Ford and if it happens, its the end.

But based on your assertions, why didnt the 2005 cost tons more than the 2004 despite new body and powertrain?
One might surmise that the choice of interior materials was one place where cost was cut, along with the live axle suspension, while reducing cost through efficiency improvements in the build process (more automated body assembly, common interior assebly procedures on a trim line shared with Mazda).

The powertrain really wasn't new, but a reapplication of the head technology that already was on the Ford F series truck line.

We really don't know what the market will bear at this point for a price point. One can presume that the pricing on the Camaro will be a benchmark, and the finance and accounting people are furiously finalizing pricing even as we speak.

At this moment in time, raw material costs are most likely more than before, so this would obviously influence the final prices.
Old 10/23/08, 06:53 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
I heard people mention on this forum that the jump wasnt that great. But even if it was, that was an all new body and powertrain, interior, everything! This uses the exact same chassis with new sheet metal and an upgraded interior. The 5.0 is a progression of the modular family and will also be used in the trucks and suvs. It can't cost that much more or those same bean counters would have never greenlighted this in the first place. I wouldnt doubt it if they have been able cut the cost of manufacturing due to technology advancements over the past few years.
Engineering and testing time (new 5.0L, evolution of existing 4.6L and 5.4L), along with raw material price increases, no doubt will add up. Amortized over what might be lower volumes, one might see a bigger cost increase than the original jump from the SN-95 to the S197.

However, I do believe the Challenger and Camaro pricing both will act as a counterbalancing force to too dramatic of a difference.
Old 10/24/08, 07:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Tony Alonso
Engineering and testing time (new 5.0L, evolution of existing 4.6L and 5.4L), along with raw material price increases, no doubt will add up. Amortized over what might be lower volumes, one might see a bigger cost increase than the original jump from the SN-95 to the S197.

However, I do believe the Challenger and Camaro pricing both will act as a counterbalancing force to too dramatic of a difference.
Yes, but dont forget new UAW contract concessions. Cheaper labor.
Old 10/24/08, 07:44 AM
Cobra Member

wow, maybe I am not that familiar with the automotive industry, but I would have never thought a dealership would be taking deposits this soon in a 2010 model year vehicle. I could see putting names on a list, and then when the time comes take a deposit when options are decided upon, etc. Just seems odd to me to take a deposite sooo soon.
Old 10/24/08, 08:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by GT5088
wow, maybe I am not that familiar with the automotive industry, but I would have never thought a dealership would be taking deposits this soon in a 2010 model year vehicle. I could see putting names on a list, and then when the time comes take a deposit when options are decided upon, etc. Just seems odd to me to take a deposite sooo soon.
Pretty common practice for a vehicle that will be in demand. When the PT Cruiser first came out, the waiting list at the dealer I worked at had 50 people on the list. Some waited over 9 months for theirs to come in. We sold our first one $300 below MSRP.
Old 10/24/08, 12:49 PM
Cobra Member

Pretty common practice for a vehicle that will be in demand. When the PT Cruiser first came out, the waiting list at the dealer I worked at had 50 people on the list. Some waited over 9 months for theirs to come in. We sold our first one $300 below MSRP.
Oh wow...I am not questioning the theory because I obviously know much less than people in the industry, it just surprised me I guess...thanks for the insight!
Old 10/24/08, 03:49 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Oh wow...I am not questioning the theory because I obviously know much less than people in the industry, it just surprised me I guess...thanks for the insight!
Cliff, it isn't that common. We don't take ANY money for a car that doesn't exist yet! When the order guides come out for the car, then we would accept deposits for orders. But not until that day! Taking names on a list, is a nice way to do it, but to take money from someone, on a car that won't be out for several months (in this case, not till April), is wrong. Your letting the dealer earn the interest on the money you gave them. Just my $.02.
Old 10/25/08, 08:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Cliff, it isn't that common. We don't take ANY money for a car that doesn't exist yet! When the order guides come out for the car, then we would accept deposits for orders. But not until that day! Taking names on a list, is a nice way to do it, but to take money from someone, on a car that won't be out for several months (in this case, not till April), is wrong. Your letting the dealer earn the interest on the money you gave them. Just my $.02.
I agree, but it prevents tons of people from putting themselves on a list when they arent really that serious. Besides, in Michigan, deposits are 100% refundable.
Old 10/25/08, 10:19 AM
Team Mustang Source

I agree, but it prevents tons of people from putting themselves on a list when they arent really that serious. Besides, in Michigan, deposits are 100% refundable.
Deposits are 100% refundable here as well.
Old 10/25/08, 04:46 PM
Cobra Member

interesting...I don't know how the policy concerning deposits are here in RI
Old 10/27/08, 06:31 AM
Team Mustang Source

interesting...I don't know how the policy concerning deposits are here in RI
Cliff, most dealers will give them back to you, as long as the customer didn't order some oddball vehicle (base stick-shift Ranger, with no A/C). Most places will have a spot for the customer to sign, stating that if they fail to take delivery, they forfeit the deposit. Mostly though, the dealer holds onto the money until the vehicle is sold. But on 99% of sales, they would give the deposit back, as its bad for business, and if people hear about a dealer who doesn't refund deposits, they will get SERIOUS flak from customers.
Old 10/27/08, 07:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

Cliff, most dealers will give them back to you, as long as the customer didn't order some oddball vehicle (base stick-shift Ranger, with no A/C). Most places will have a spot for the customer to sign, stating that if they fail to take delivery, they forfeit the deposit. Mostly though, the dealer holds onto the money until the vehicle is sold. But on 99% of sales, they would give the deposit back, as its bad for business, and if people hear about a dealer who doesn't refund deposits, they will get SERIOUS flak from customers.
I was talking legally, that in Michigan you cant keep a deposit. Even if you sign some waiver stating the opposite. As far as flak from customers, they have the law on their side here. In some states though, no such luck.
Old 10/27/08, 05:52 PM
Cobra Member

yeah, very true, especially nowadays...
Old 10/28/08, 12:31 PM
GT Member

What happens if the dealer goes bankrupt, no one buys them out, and closes shop before the model is even produced?
Old 10/28/08, 12:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by MyLittlePony
What happens if the dealer goes bankrupt, no one buys them out, and closes shop before the model is even produced?
SOL !
Old 11/9/08, 12:59 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Here's Grabber blue, on HW GT500
Attached Images  
Old 11/9/08, 04:05 PM
Cobra Member

cool
Old 11/9/08, 06:08 PM
Shelby GT500 Member