2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

My Ford Dealer took my order for 2010 for Grabber Blue GT today,

Search this Thread

Old 10/20/08, 03:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't forget all of the interior amenities we'll be receiving in MY2010. I also feel it's way too early to start talking about deposits. And only $1000 more than the 09? Yea... I can imagine that phone call when they tell you it's really $5000 more than MY09 and they're now charging you $1000 more than MSRP.

Also, there has been nothing confirmed at all about a SE in '10. Everything you've heard about it is just wishful thinking. IMO, wait for 2011 then order your own after you test drive a 2011 on the lot, that way you get everything you want, and you get the better engine, and you won't be disappointed.
Old 10/20/08, 06:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by DrunkenDragon713
Don't forget all of the interior amenities we'll be receiving in MY2010. I also feel it's way too early to start talking about deposits. And only $1000 more than the 09? Yea... I can imagine that phone call when they tell you it's really $5000 more than MY09 and they're now charging you $1000 more than MSRP.

Also, there has been nothing confirmed at all about a SE in '10. Everything you've heard about it is just wishful thinking. IMO, wait for 2011 then order your own after you test drive a 2011 on the lot, that way you get everything you want, and you get the better engine, and you won't be disappointed.
It really amazes me how many people on this thread are negative about this whole situation. Common sense should tell you that Ford CANT raise the price by $5000! Not only that but charging an ADM for another $1000. Sure most dealers will do that, but 05 Mach 1 has purchased many mustangs from this dealer and I'm sure he wouldnt be so bold to put a deposit down if he couldnt trust them. Not only that, but it doesnt make good business sense to turn around and change the terms of the deal already set. A lot of you guys need to find a better dealer!
Old 10/20/08, 07:35 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by FordBlueHeart
It really amazes me how many people on this thread are negative about this whole situation. Common sense should tell you that Ford CANT raise the price by $5000! Not only that but charging an ADM for another $1000. Sure most dealers will do that, but 05 Mach 1 has purchased many mustangs from this dealer and I'm sure he wouldnt be so bold to put a deposit down if he couldnt trust them. Not only that, but it doesnt make good business sense to turn around and change the terms of the deal already set. A lot of you guys need to find a better dealer!
What amazes me is how many people on this board are just discarding the 2010 altogether and focusing on 2011 just because of the 5.0 engine. You want to talk about something that will more than likely raise the price of the car and the extra gas you'll burn a few thousand dollars?? How about .4 liters for starters! I'd be willing to bet that if there was no RUMOR about the 5.0 that there would be more people like 05Mach1 dropping $500 just to be one of the first ones to get the 2010. I will be more than content with a 4.6 V8 or a V6TT (if that rumor comes to pass). The last thing I would ever want to hear is that I was foolish for buying a 2010 and for not waiting for 2011.
Old 10/20/08, 07:48 AM
Bullitt Member

Hear, hear... If I were ready to buy now, I'd be happy with the 2010 upgrades even with the 4.6. Sure, a 5.0 sounds better, especially a GDI 5.0 having both more horsepower AND better mileage than the 4.6.

But for those who are in a position to buy sooner than the 5.0 appears (if it does, of which nothing we know is certain at this point!), there's nothing WRONG, with the 4.6, IMHO...
Old 10/20/08, 10:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by KGray571
What amazes me is how many people on this board are just discarding the 2010 altogether and focusing on 2011 just because of the 5.0 engine. You want to talk about something that will more than likely raise the price of the car and the extra gas you'll burn a few thousand dollars?? How about .4 liters for starters! I'd be willing to bet that if there was no RUMOR about the 5.0 that there would be more people like 05Mach1 dropping $500 just to be one of the first ones to get the 2010. I will be more than content with a 4.6 V8 or a V6TT (if that rumor comes to pass). The last thing I would ever want to hear is that I was foolish for buying a 2010 and for not waiting for 2011.
You're right about it hurting the sales of 2010 models. I might try to push up my ability to purchase a 2010 if I hadnt heard about the 5.0. But financially speaking, its ok with me to wait. I definitely like the option of a more robust base engine to build from too.

Besides, nothing set in stone yet, we might still see the 5.0 in limited quantities for 2010. Just like the LS1 was available in late 1997 in Camaros and WS6 pkg T/As. They just put it in without telling anyone.
Old 10/20/08, 11:27 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
I'm interested to see WHEN Ford sees fit to reveal to the public that a 5.0 4V is coming in 2011. I mean, usually next MY models are revealed about halfway through the year. So, late 2009-early 2010? They can't keep the secret forever. We know that some GT buyers will buy a GT just to have it (40 year old chicks who want to feel young again--no offense if any are on here, but obviously they won't be concerned with performance--they just want a "GT Mustang"), but once the cat is out of the bag, I think a lot of performance-minded buyers will wait for the 2011 MY. Like I've said though, if they manage to squeeze 340-350 hp out of the 4.6 3V for 2010, I will be forced to think long and hard about picking up one of the 2010 "____ Gold" cars because I love that color and it is 2010-only. Although I would wait until the 2011 is revealed and note the price difference first, as well as the MPG figures.
Old 10/20/08, 11:33 AM
Bullitt Member

By then it might be too late. With the "____ Gold" being one-year-only, they may be sold out before any 2011 comparisons can be made. Maybe not, but it's a risk.

But I'm with you on the '10 4.6 hp ratings. If it's only 10-15 hp bump, gonna be a tough sell to those that know the 5.0 is coming in '11; but if its in the 40-50 hp vicinity, I think a lot of people might be willing to take the plunge in order to get the other goodies sooner...
Old 10/20/08, 02:39 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Will you don't know this guys the 5.0 in 2011 is the 4.6 32valve v8 which was in 2003/2004 Mach1 and what's the Saleen 302 Boss Saleen right now 08/09 Boss Saleens
Old 10/20/08, 03:57 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 05mach1
Will you don't know this guys the 5.0 in 2011 is the 4.6 32valve v8 which was in 2003/2004 Mach1 and what's the Saleen 302 Boss Saleen right now 08/09 Boss Saleens
Hey, Frankie - I think the valvetrain might be the same arrangement (DOHC) but I believe there has been A LOT more Ford engineering put into this powerplant.

Saleen did a nice of job making an evolution of the current 3V SOHC into a 5.0L, but I believe the Ford version will be different enough, despite the displacement being the same.

Others might chime in differently, but this is my understanding, based on the information I have read here and SVTPerformance.com.
Old 10/20/08, 05:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ok, I'm not saying that buying a 2010 is altogether foolish, I'm just saying putting money down on something that no one knows the price of, how it looks (officially, not from some spy photos), or what will be standard on it. For all we know the base GT could be 30k, we just don't know yet. But a dealer assuming that the price will be $1000 over the 09 price seems to be just baiting you for a sale. No matter how good of friends you are, business is business. They probably won't screw you over for the car, but they certainly won't give it to you without a profit. Believe what you want, about the dealer, I know I can't change your opinion or sway your trust.

FordBlueHeart, why "CAN'T" they raise the price by $5000? Do you have some inside info that NO ONE else has? Is it law stating that an automotive manufacturer can raise the price of a car by $1000 but not by $5000 from the previous year's price? Ford can set whatever price they want. Like I said, they can sell the base GT for $30,000 if they so please, there would not be as many sales, but I'm sure some people will buy. And you know, common sense should tell you that a company can name any price they want for their product as long as someone will pay for it. I introduce you to basic economics.

Last edited by DrunkenDragon713; 10/21/08 at 02:53 AM.
Old 10/20/08, 07:11 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Tony Alonso
Hey, Frankie - I think the valvetrain might be the same arrangement (DOHC) but I believe there has been A LOT more Ford engineering put into this powerplant.

Saleen did a nice of job making an evolution of the current 3V SOHC into a 5.0L, but I believe the Ford version will be different enough, despite the displacement being the same.

Others might chime in differently, but this is my understanding, based on the information I have read here and SVTPerformance.com.
A LOT more
and
Yep, not the same.
Old 10/20/08, 07:15 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Tony Alonso

What I read in May's 5.0 Mustang Saleen is helping out on new 5.0 V8's for Ford.
Old 10/20/08, 08:38 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by 05mach1
What I read in May's 5.0 Mustang Saleen is helping out on new 5.0 V8's for Ford.
Help = yes
Same engine = no way.
Old 10/21/08, 08:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

Ok, I'm not saying that buying a 2010 is altogether foolish, I'm just saying putting money down on something that no one knows the price of, how it looks (officially, not from some spy photos), or what will be standard on it. For all we know the base GT could be 30k, we just don't know yet. But a dealer assuming that the price will be $1000 over the 09 price seems to be just baiting you for a sale. No matter how good of friends you are, business is business. They probably won't screw you over for the car, but they certainly won't give it to you without a profit. Believe what you want, about the dealer, I know I can't change your opinion or sway your trust.

FordBlueHeart, why "CAN'T" they raise the price by $5000? Do you have some inside info that NO ONE else has? Is it law stating that an automotive manufacturer can raise the price of a car by $1000 but not by $5000 from the previous year's price? Ford can set whatever price they want. Like I said, they can sell the base GT for $30,000 if they so please, there would not be as many sales, but I'm sure some people will buy. And you know, common sense should tell you that a company can name any price they want for their product as long as someone will pay for it. I introduce you to basic economics.
You're right they can if they want, but they wont because they wont sell any or not that many. Basic economics.

Last edited by FordBlueHeart; 10/21/08 at 08:33 AM.
Old 10/23/08, 04:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

Oh I'm quite sure they'll still sell, whether or not they bump the price higher or not. All the members of the MA (Mustangers Anonymous) will find a way to buy one no matter the price. Again I say, how do you know they won't. Ford has made many, MANY, stupid decisions over the years, and it wouldn't surprise me in the least bit if they'd bump the price up more, especially in 2011 when we have the new engine and the tuned up interior.
Old 10/23/08, 08:31 AM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Without a doubt the 2011 5.0 with 400hp will match or best the 4.6 fuel mileage. If you look at the history of the musatng the last 10-15 years the mustang has always maintained the same gas mileage(not counting the 2008 epa provision changes since the car would still be the same on the old rules.) dispite adding more power and weight to the car over the years.
Old 10/23/08, 09:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

Oh I'm quite sure they'll still sell, whether or not they bump the price higher or not. All the members of the MA (Mustangers Anonymous) will find a way to buy one no matter the price. Again I say, how do you know they won't. Ford has made many, MANY, stupid decisions over the years, and it wouldn't surprise me in the least bit if they'd bump the price up more, especially in 2011 when we have the new engine and the tuned up interior.
Your right, they will still sell, just not even close to as many as they do now or in the past. It would be a very stupid decision by Ford and if it happens, its the end.

But based on your assertions, why didnt the 2005 cost tons more than the 2004 despite new body and powertrain?
Old 10/23/08, 10:21 AM
Bullitt Member

Your right, they will still sell, just not even close to as many as they do now or in the past. It would be a very stupid decision by Ford and if it happens, its the end.

But based on your assertions, why didnt the 2005 cost tons more than the 2004 despite new body and powertrain?
Very true. If ever there was an opportunity to gouge the customer it was with the '05 intro. I think it is to Ford's credit that they DIDN'T (some, but by no means all, dealerships attempting to gouge notwithstanding)...
Old 10/23/08, 10:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Zoomie
Very true. If ever there was an opportunity to gouge the customer it was with the '05 intro. I think it is to Ford's credit that they DIDN'T (some, but by no means all, dealerships attempting to gouge notwithstanding)...
I dont think of it as gouging, more as making a profit. No one forced anyone to sign paperwork. If you want it, you will pay for it.
Old 10/23/08, 10:30 AM
Bullitt Member

I dont think of it as gouging, more as making a profit. No one forced anyone to sign paperwork. If you want it, you will pay for it.
Again, too true. Free market at its best (or worst).

Caveat emptor and all that...

Quick Reply: My Ford Dealer took my order for 2010 for Grabber Blue GT today,