Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

My Dealer Says He Doesn't Get DORAs.

Search this Thread

Old 3/14/11, 02:05 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Dealer Says He Doesn't Get DORAs.

I spoke to the person, that places the new car orders, for the dealership that I ordered my 2012 GT Premium & he didn't even know what a DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement) was. Once I explained what it was & that he should receive one, to show that the order he placed was valid. He informed me that his computer system will not allow him to enter an invalid order, so he doesn't receive DORAs. Does this sound plausible? Should I be concerned?
Old 3/14/11, 02:34 PM

I would be, my sales guy knew everything I asked and then some. If he didn't know he would ask someone that did.
Old 3/14/11, 02:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by The Sheriff
I spoke to the person, that places the new car orders, for the dealership that I ordered my 2012 GT Premium & he didn't even know what a DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement) was. Once I explained what it was & that he should receive one, to show that the order he placed was valid. He informed me that his computer system will not allow him to enter an invalid order, so he doesn't receive DORAs. Does this sound plausible? Should I be concerned?
oh wow. im sorry for you....

not even knowing what a DORA is, when your working there, is pathetic sorrry for your struggles haha
Old 3/14/11, 03:53 PM
Team Mustang Source

Time to find another dealer.
Old 3/14/11, 04:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
+1 find another dealer or at minimum someone there that knows what they're talking about.
Old 3/14/11, 05:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Either go over his head to the sales manager or GM, or find another dealer.

So lets suppose the computer won't let him enter anything wrong. What if he ordered something you didn't want or didn't order something you did want? To the computer it's still a valid order. Either way, it a nasty surprise and too late when the car shows up. Its a lot of money only to have it all screwed up. The DORA will make sure Ford is building the car the way you wanted it.
Old 3/14/11, 05:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Stang-Par

So lets suppose the computer won't let him enter anything wrong. What if he ordered something you didn't want or didn't order something you did want? To the computer it's still a valid order. Either way, it a nasty surprise and too late when the car shows up. Its a lot of money only to have it all screwed up. The DORA will make sure Ford is building the car the way you wanted it.
+1 - what Stang-Par said.
Old 3/14/11, 05:55 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Cool

You spoke with "a person who is able to place orders".
I have never heard of a dealership that "doesn't receive DORAs"
You need to speak to his boss, whomever that is.
He can't have been working at a Ford dealer very long if he "didn't even know what a DORA was".
Old 3/14/11, 06:17 PM
Legacy TMS Member

was it one of the dealer's I referred you to?
Old 3/14/11, 10:18 PM

I think there's a partial truth to what the dealer told you. I'm pretty sure (I've placed two orders sitting in front of the person doing the input in the past two months) that when the dealer inputs your order they select a box to receive a DORA. So if the dealer doesn't "order" a DORA they will not receive one. Regardless I'd tell them you want one. Did you receive the VOC?
Old 3/14/11, 11:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
I think there's a partial truth to what the dealer told you. I'm pretty sure (I've placed two orders sitting in front of the person doing the input in the past two months) that when the dealer inputs your order they select a box to receive a DORA. So if the dealer doesn't "order" a DORA they will not receive one. Regardless I'd tell them you want one. Did you receive the VOC?
This info would have been increadibly useful about 5 months ago. I am sure that I will order another Mustang sometime around 2015 though and make use of this.
Old 3/15/11, 07:59 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by ramairgt1
was it one of the dealer's I referred you to?
No it was a small dealership in Meadville PA. They gave me an excellent deal, they even beat Orleans Ford in Medina NY.
Old 3/15/11, 08:04 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Stang-Par

That's something I hadn't thought of, because I do have a copy of the VOC that we both signed. Unfortunately I have already given them my deposit & it was more than the $250-$500 I've seen recommended on this forum.
Old 3/15/11, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by Itravelalot
This info would have been increadibly useful about 5 months ago. I am sure that I will order another Mustang sometime around 2015 though and make use of this.
On the VOC it shows DORA as an option.
Old 3/15/11, 08:14 AM
GT Member

I do have the order number & dealer number, so I should be able to have my order tracked with that info. Would the specs on my car, as it's being built, be available to anyone who tracked it's progress?
Old 3/15/11, 08:29 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
On the VOC it shows DORA as an option.
My VOC doesn't show DORA as an option. It shows the date & time it was created, order #, priority:10, order type 1, price level:220, then my car speced out with all the order codes. At the bottom it has the key codes for help, return to order, veh ord menu, submit & add to library. I was also given a page titled Targeted Product Offering Vehicle Order. It has all the info on my car (model year, priority, specs, etc.) & at the bottom it shows my order # has been added to the order bank. The guy that placed my order, told me it's status was unscheduled clean. The lack of a DORA is the only thing that worries me.
Old 3/15/11, 12:07 PM
GT Member

I have 2 DORAs. One when iplaced the order, and i got one when i changed my color. I wanted to have it, so i knew there would be no mix up. Ronn
Old 3/15/11, 05:46 PM

My VOC doesn't show DORA as an option. It shows the date & time it was created, order #, priority:10, order type 1, price level:220, then my car speced out with all the order codes. At the bottom it has the key codes for help, return to order, veh ord menu, submit & add to library. I was also given a page titled Targeted Product Offering Vehicle Order. It has all the info on my car (model year, priority, specs, etc.) & at the bottom it shows my order # has been added to the order bank. The guy that placed my order, told me it's status was unscheduled clean. The lack of a DORA is the only thing that worries me.
I checked mine after I posted in this thread and both say DORA N/C N/C in the right side columns. So it looks like they didn't order one but it's really not a big deal. The dealer has no incentive to feed you BS. The only additional info the DORA has is that Ford accepted your order. If you can't trust your dealer to give you that info verbally you have the wrong dealer.