Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

My car is never being delivered!

Search this Thread

Old 6/14/10, 01:32 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Goldwing
Why should it take that long, for them to tell someone, that they will not get their car?
That is totally unacceptable! It took 6 weeks to figure out they couldn't fix it?
Rick was one of the first to have an order submitted, I understand they didn't start building till mid March, but give him a break, this is uncalled for.
Just my thoughts, but I would feel the same!
Your right. I still have cars that are still sitting at Ramp 51 with no updates and they have been built for well over a month. My guess is that there were so many cars to check out (as they have to check each car individually) that is how long it took.

And to top it off, my Ford Rep is on vacation the rest of this week so I have NO ONE to speak to now!!! THIS SUCKS ROCKS!!!

Last edited by 05fordgt; 6/14/10 at 01:33 PM.
Old 6/14/10, 01:34 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 2010MustangGT
That setup comes out to be what like 45K? (Pre out the door price)
For a few thousand more you can get a brand new 2010 GT500...
http://www.cars.com/for-sale/searchr...ear&sf2Dir=ASC

Tried and true!!
Think about it!
Yeah, but not for what he's buying it for. Remember, I'm selling him his car at $300 over invoice.
Old 6/14/10, 01:39 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by PTRocks
Is there no end to the customer service you provide???
There is an end to my service Chris, and its that I can't physically build a car for Rick right this second. God knows I would if I could!! I was PISSED when I heard this!! I'm so looking forward to meeting him AND everyone else who ordered their cars from me when that special and exciting time arrives!!!

Heck, I even tried to locate a car for him. Amazingly enough I found one, but the dealer wants a replacement GT Vert back and I don't have one to give...YET...(trying a double dealer-trade maybe...)

Plus, the car is in a state with 2 plates and I'm sure the front-bracket is already mounted!!!
Old 6/14/10, 01:49 PM
FR500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 05fordgt
There is an end to my service Chris, and its that I can't physically build a car for Rick right this second. God knows I would if I could!!
I would pay money to see that.

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
I was PISSED when I heard this!! I'm so looking forward to meeting him AND everyone else who ordered their cars from me when that special and exciting time arrives!!!

Heck, I even tried to locate a car for him. Amazingly enough I found one, but the dealer wants a replacement GT Vert back and I don't have one to give...YET...(trying a double dealer-trade maybe...)
Where's a juggler smilie when I need one.
Old 6/14/10, 01:50 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by corvettedreamin
OK, this sucks for the buyer but I'm more interested in the ISSUE that would cause Ford to scrap not ONE but 18 cars.

We're a small subset of all Mustang buyers here. But at least TWO members have been told their cars are being scrapped. That seems like a pretty high percentage to me.

If I remember correctly (and I'm not saying I do) I thought the other VIN was in the 11xxxx series as well, possibly even 118xxx.

What could cause them to scrap 18 cars, so far two of which appear to be GT/CS cars. I realize the blend may have something to do with it since the common components were probably assembled the same day but holy smokes... I'd be leary of any car built around then. Having written that... mine is 116xxx... and has been delayed until recently. Maybe mine just passed scrutiny. . . or was missed.
While I have no idea if this was what happened in your case, I have read about cars being scrapped because the floor panel was welded in crooked.
Old 6/14/10, 02:03 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by rk2112
Maybe I didn't phrase it correctly.....I feel my REPLACEMENT vehicle should be given some sort of priority. I commend them for not shipping the defective vehicle, but how about doing something to speed up the new car??
correct, that I agree with!! You should be given the highest priority possible so you can get your replacement
Old 6/14/10, 02:06 PM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 124 Likes on 100 Posts
With my local Ford dealers 2011 Mustang inventory building up, maybe you can find on a a lot you will like in the area you live in.
Old 6/14/10, 02:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Anybody know what they do with scrapped cars at AAI?

I would happily take it off their hands for price of scrap.
Old 6/14/10, 02:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

They are destroyed.
Old 6/14/10, 02:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by coffeejolts
They are destroyed.
Old 6/14/10, 02:37 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by coffeejolts
They are destroyed.
So they give them to Silverbull to drive?

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Old 6/14/10, 03:35 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
When we first heard the news of the scrapped cars I was the first to volunteer to take one off Ford's hands with a big discount. Hopefully they at least salvage all the good parts/engine/transmission (if they're not affected)/wheels/brakes etc.
Old 6/14/10, 03:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by HokieCodeMonkey
Anybody know what they do with scrapped cars at AAI?

I would happily take it off their hands for price of scrap.
Before they closed the Taurus plant here in Atlanta, there would be new painted shells lined up outside behind the factory. They were totally stripped to the bone, no hood, doors, anything. I'm guessing these were the problem cars. I flew over the plant daily (at the end of ATL airport) and there were always plenty of scrapped shells. I hope this isn't the case in Flat Rock.
Old 6/14/10, 03:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
When we first heard the news of the scrapped cars I was the first to volunteer to take one off Ford's hands with a big discount. Hopefully they at least salvage all the good parts/engine/transmission (if they're not affected)/wheels/brakes etc.
**** you called dibs? Well there are 18 of those ugly ducklings that could use a new home.
Old 6/14/10, 03:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Sure did haha. I guess it depends on what was wrong with them, but I'd hope they would be smart enough to take off all the good parts, instead of just crushing 18 brand new cars.
Old 6/14/10, 04:15 PM
FR500 Member

Sometimes cars are repaired and sold as such. The window sticker is modified to clearly show this.
Old 6/14/10, 05:29 PM
Cobra R Member

Angry

Originally Posted by rk2112
My VIN is within 16 of that car...
Wonder if mine is next... ETA info disappeared on it last week.

Let's see how long it takes to contact me if mine has to be scrapped.
Old 6/14/10, 05:31 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by Kahdir
My VIN is within 16 of that car...
Wonder if mine is next... ETA info disappeared on it last week.

Let's see how long it takes to contact me if mine has to be scrapped.
While it's possible that it was built at the same time, it's not necessarily the case.
Old 6/14/10, 05:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Hopefully all of these problems are just early first-year (for the engine/tranny combo at least) teething issues and will all be revolved soon. I do find it a little bit strange how long it takes to get a Mustang built and delivered from the time it is ordered, and how difficult it seems to be to keep track of the status. Back when I ordered my '05 Mini Cooper, the time from when I special-ordered it to the time I received it was five weeks, and that includes a slow boat ride over from the factory in England. I was able to track it online along each step of the process, and I could even track the cargo ship's progress in the Atlantic Ocean.
Old 6/14/10, 05:56 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes, Ford could really use something like that!

Originally Posted by Ministang
Hopefully all of these problems are just early first-year (for the engine/tranny combo at least) teething issues and will all be revolved soon. I do find it a little bit strange how long it takes to get a Mustang built and delivered from the time it is ordered, and how difficult it seems to be to keep track of the status. Back when I ordered my '05 Mini Cooper, the time from when I special-ordered it to the time I received it was five weeks, and that includes a slow boat ride over from the factory in England. I was able to track it online along each step of the process, and I could even track the cargo ship's progress in the Atlantic Ocean.

Quick Reply: My car is never being delivered!