2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

My 5.0 came in tonight (crappy cell phone pics included)

Search this Thread

Old 6/26/10 | 09:52 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by montreal ponies
Jason, are you saying that that little plastic deflector under the front bumper is hitting road bumps. We have the crappiest roads over here and i don't think mine is an issue...... for now that is, i'll be lowering the car 1 " next week. trouble ahead....
Yup thats exactly what I'm talking about. It occasionaly scrapes if I take a speed bump too fast. I check it everytime I get out of the car. Drives me nuts.

Also Grabber blue attracts dirt like mad and my car is covered in rail dust (good thing it attracts females just as easily ). Planning on claying it tomorrow.

Oh and congrats again Dan, I saw your thread
Old 6/26/10 | 10:09 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
Yup thats exactly what I'm talking about. It occasionaly scrapes if I take a speed bump too fast. I check it everytime I get out of the car. Drives me nuts.

Also Grabber blue attracts dirt like mad and my car is covered in rail dust (good thing it attracts females just as easily ). Planning on claying it tomorrow.

Oh and congrats again Dan, I saw your thread
Thx Jason, your getting me worried here with that deflector hitting bumps. I'm running in the garage right now to check it out. I can only imagine it'll get even worst when i lower the car.
Old 6/26/10 | 10:24 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Thx Jason, your getting me worried here with that deflector hitting bumps. I'm running in the garage right now to check it out. I can only imagine it'll get even worst when i lower the car.
The good thing is that you can remove it if it becomes too much hassle. There was a thread on here where a guy took his off. I'll try to find it...

Edit: https://themustangsource.com/f804/fr...-gaurd-481636/ there it is. apparently he super glued it back together...

Last edited by stangfoeva; 6/26/10 at 10:26 PM.
Old 6/26/10 | 11:28 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Hey um...if you want, me and my cousin could drive down and take some pics with his DSLRs? Lol just sayin....

Old 6/27/10 | 12:24 AM
MOTM Committee Member

Not a bad idea Patrick lol
Old 6/27/10 | 04:42 AM
Bullitt Member

Jason, are you saying that that little plastic deflector under the front bumper is hitting road bumps. We have the crappiest roads over here and i don't think mine is an issue...... for now that is, i'll be lowering the car 1 " next week. trouble ahead....

What springs you using?
Old 6/27/10 | 09:27 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 28.
What springs you using?
FRPP 1" drop springs, no way i'm going with 1.5".
Old 6/28/10 | 01:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Go to Best Buy, buy a new HD camera..........take about 100 pics, and then return the camera tomorrow!!!!!!!!
Old 6/28/10 | 05:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by sharpie
Go to Best Buy, buy a new HD camera..........take about 100 pics, and then return the camera tomorrow!!!!!!!!
haha
Old 6/28/10 | 06:29 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by sharpie
I do have a friend that works there.....hmm.

I'm just gonna try to borrow a camera from somebody
Old 6/28/10 | 07:43 PM
Post *****

I do have a friend that works there.....hmm.

I'm just gonna try to borrow a camera from somebody
You might want to have that friend help you return it then. They usually have a policy of only returns for store credit on cameras. I guess alot of people were doing the same thing.
Old 6/28/10 | 07:54 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
You might want to have that friend help you return it then. They usually have a policy of only returns for store credit on cameras. I guess alot of people were doing the same thing.
Good looking out Gary, that would have been a nightmare. I'm texting my friends now to see who has a digi cam. If all else fails I'll drive out to Riverside and have my friend with his DSLR take pics

And I think GB attracts bugs like no other. I park my car and within 5 sec a swarm of gnats and some random flying cricket things are all over it setting up shop shop. Needless to say I moved it. Then today I park it and when I come back some spiders have called the trunk home. A dragonfly nearly flew in when I opened the door today while showing a co-worker! I closed it just in time and he missed by 1/4"!!

I hate bugs!
Old 6/28/10 | 07:54 PM
Team Mustang Source

I used to do the exact same thing with men's clothing when going out on a special date. Sears was my place of predilection since i had a friend working in the men's clothing dept. Of course that was 25 years ago. I know.
Old 6/28/10 | 08:41 PM
Post *****

Good looking out Gary, that would have been a nightmare. I'm texting my friends now to see who has a digi cam. If all else fails I'll drive out to Riverside and have my friend with his DSLR take pics

And I think GB attracts bugs like no other. I park my car and within 5 sec a swarm of gnats and some random flying cricket things are all over it setting up shop shop. Needless to say I moved it. Then today I park it and when I come back some spiders have called the trunk home. A dragonfly nearly flew in when I opened the door today while showing a co-worker! I closed it just in time and he missed by 1/4"!!

I hate bugs!

Are you anywhere near Torrence? You should swing by TacoBill's. Heck he or Jed would love to take pics I'm sure. That's like all they ever do.
Old 6/28/10 | 08:44 PM
Post *****

I used to do the exact same thing with men's clothing when going out on a special date. Sears was my place of predilection since i had a friend working in the men's clothing dept. Of course that was 25 years ago. I know.
I remember going to Sears about 30 years ago when I was in grade school and my mom would buy me my tough-skins for the year. If I wore holes in the knees she would then put patches on them.

Lord help me if I ever wore holes in those knees.

I'm seem to remember wearing alot of corduroy pants. I hated wearing them after the patches. Made me feel poor.
Old 6/29/10 | 12:36 AM
MOTM Committee Member

Are you anywhere near Torrence? You should swing by TacoBill's. Heck he or Jed would love to take pics I'm sure. That's like all they ever do.
not too far from there its about an hour's drive. but my friend is letting me borrow a 10 mega pixel Canon tomorrow
Old 6/29/10 | 12:55 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Bout time...sheesh.
Old 6/29/10 | 01:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

If all else fails, i've got a digital camera and can snap some pics.
Old 7/2/10 | 08:51 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Finally LOL

No one probably cares anymore

Old 7/2/10 | 08:55 PM
Cobra R Member

B-E-A-utiful! Congrats!

Quick Reply: My 5.0 came in tonight (crappy cell phone pics included)