2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

My 5.0 came in tonight (crappy cell phone pics included)

Search this Thread

Old 6/24/10 | 10:36 AM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by super6stang
I'm glad you got your ride, sucks on the crack though, wonder how that got pass QC?

MORE PICS PLEASE...
Pics coming just waiting on an email

Originally Posted by laserred38
Congrats again man. Can't believe they sent the car with a cracked roof!

I wonder how different the clutch/shifter feel on the 11 compared to the 10. You should have enough revs to get the car going in 1st without even giving it any throttle. Lol get those good pics up asap!
I may have spoken incorrectly about why I was having problems launching the car. After more time behind the wheel, my problem is that this car has more travel for the clutch and the engage/disengage spots are different (which is to be expected). I am basically not letting the clutch all the way out when I should. Did much better this morning on my ride in though....

Originally Posted by RandyW
We don't know that the roof was cracked when it left the factory. It could have been damaged in shipping.
True...

Originally Posted by jokerstars
How? They dropped another car on it? lol
Idk. But from my visual inspection the crack is very difficult to see from outside the car because it is located in the tinted area. From the inside it is visible if you are looking for it.

It also appears to be a deep crack, and not one that was formed on the surface from some type of impact. I'll run my hand over it today to see if that is the case...
Old 6/24/10 | 11:51 AM
Post *****

I'm surprised we don't hear of more cracked glass roofs. Sounds like a stress fracture. They usually start in the corners and are somewhat common in the building industry when a window pane is a tight fit in it's frame and then gets flexed at some point afterward. It's probably a 1 in 1000 chance, but I would say it's factory fault but might have only showed up when it hit the sun or the body flexed going up the transport.

Also could have started from a small chip in the edge of the glass and grown in the heat.

At least you caught it so there would be no shenanigans on Fords part trying to deny it.

Last edited by 2k7gtcs; 6/24/10 at 01:24 PM.
Old 6/24/10 | 01:24 PM
Cobra Member

great news....minus the glass roof. maybe they'll throw in a set of those GT500 wheels you want as an extra present. lol
Old 6/24/10 | 03:05 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I'm surprised we don't hear of more cracked glass roofs. Sounds like a stress fracture. They usually start in the corners and are somewhat common in the building industry when a window pane is a tight fit in it's frame and then gets flexed at some point afterward. It's probably a 1 in 1000 chance, but I would say it's factory fault but might have only showed up when it hit the sun or the body flexed going up the transport.

Also could have started from a small chip in the edge of the glass and grown in the heat.

At least you caught it so there would be no shenanigans on Fords part trying to deny it.
I find your analysis to be spot on. And the dealer seems really cool about it, I got an appointment for this Saturday

Originally Posted by Red Jay
great news....minus the glass roof. maybe they'll throw in a set of those GT500 wheels you want as an extra present. lol
I wish! If Ford did that I would be

Ran into a '05-'09 on the way back from lunch. He pulled up behind me when he saw I had a 5.0. He flexed a little bit on the freeway. I drove normal, not trying to get my car impounded....
Old 6/24/10 | 03:12 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
Ran into a '05-'09 on the way back from lunch. He pulled up behind me when he saw I had a 5.0. He flexed a little bit on the freeway. I drove normal, not trying to get my car impounded....
Good idea bud! The freeway is where you have to watch out for all the other stupid people anyway. Like a Shaolin monk, you have the power but wish not to use it in a confrontational manner.
Old 6/24/10 | 03:55 PM
Team Mustang Source

I'm leaving 03:00 am this morning to get mine in Rochester N-Y, Paul personally inspected the vehicle, so i'm hoping my glassroof is fine, as well as all the rest. Keep us posted on the glassroof thing.
Old 6/24/10 | 03:56 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Automagically
Good idea bud! The freeway is where you have to watch out for all the other stupid people anyway. Like a Shaolin monk, you have the power but wish not to use it in a confrontational manner.
That's called bragging rights.
Old 6/24/10 | 04:18 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by Automagically
Exactly! No need for me to be idiotic. I can pay $20 bucks and go to strip and go as fast as I want.

Originally Posted by montreal ponies
I'm leaving 03:00 am this morning to get mine in Rochester N-Y, Paul personally inspected the vehicle, so i'm hoping my glassroof is fine, as well as all the rest. Keep us posted on the glassroof thing.
Good luck Dan. You will love it! Thats gonna be one fun ride home!
Old 6/25/10 | 05:52 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by montreal ponies
Dan, you should start a thread on your experience as a Canadian buying a Mustang through a US dealer. (cost savings, fees, what's involved) It's something I'm thinking abouty for my next Mustang.

Oh, and congratulations Jason, nice car!
Old 6/25/10 | 01:40 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Likes and dislikes about my car so far

Originally Posted by First Stang
Dan, you should start a thread on your experience as a Canadian buying a Mustang through a US dealer. (cost savings, fees, what's involved) It's something I'm thinking abouty for my next Mustang.

Oh, and congratulations Jason, nice car!
Yes, he should that would be very useful. Dan should also take a photo journal of his trip, that would be sweet. And Thanks Glenn.

Dislikes:
The crack (obviously)
The lower aero piece under the front of the car, it scrapes on speed bumps and scares me that im ruining my new baby.

Everything else. Just can't say enough. I love this thing!!!
Old 6/25/10 | 07:39 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Got a thumbs up from two Soldiers driving a '03-'04 Cobra today. It was the ultimate welcome to the mustang club. Getting respect from Termi guys means a lot
Old 6/25/10 | 09:58 PM
Bullitt Member

.................................................. .................^...More....
Old 6/25/10 | 10:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by First Stang
I agree, I'd also be very interested in what is involved in buying a car in the US as I am from Vancouver and have thought about it in the past but assumed it was too much trouble to outweigh any savings.
Old 6/25/10 | 10:33 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by 28.

.................................................. .................^...More....
My car and a co-workers' GT

Still waiting on the email from my salesman...
Attached Thumbnails My 5.0 came in tonight (crappy cell phone pics included)-003.jpg  
Old 6/25/10 | 10:34 PM
Post *****

My car and a co-workers' GT

Still waiting on the email from my salesman...
Nice Jason.

BTW-your salesman called, he is still in Tijuana partying on his commission.
Old 6/25/10 | 10:36 PM
MOTM Committee Member

that explains it!
Old 6/25/10 | 10:43 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Jealous.
Old 6/25/10 | 11:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

PS....
Old 6/26/10 | 09:12 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Dealer ordered my new roof today. Talked to my salesman about the pics and he said he was having trouble sending them and that he would try again. It has become painfully obvious that I need a digi-cam
Old 6/26/10 | 09:33 PM
Team Mustang Source

Yes, he should that would be very useful. Dan should also take a photo journal of his trip, that would be sweet. And Thanks Glenn.

Dislikes:
The crack (obviously)
The lower aero piece under the front of the car, it scrapes on speed bumps and scares me that im ruining my new baby.

Everything else. Just can't say enough. I love this thing!!!
Jason, are you saying that that little plastic deflector under the front bumper is hitting road bumps. We have the crappiest roads over here and i don't think mine is an issue...... for now that is, i'll be lowering the car 1 " next week. trouble ahead....

Quick Reply: My 5.0 came in tonight (crappy cell phone pics included)