2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

My 5.0 came in tonight (crappy cell phone pics included)

Search this Thread

Old 6/22/10, 11:21 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Lol well...I wish I could drive the piddly little 200hp POS in my driveway ...

Interview went well. Didn't discuss pay, but I know I'd be making much less than I was before. But then no rent and significantly less in commuting costs could even that out. We'll see. I should know by next week. You're right though, the machined 19s look really good on GB. The guy even asked if I had any DUIs and was cool about it (said his 20 year old son had one last year) as it is a sales position, not installer, so I wouldn't need to be on their insurance. I'm hoping for $12-15/hr, since it's plus commission...I shouldn't have a problem with that.

So if that job comes through, I'll be moving to Sac and will at least get my restricted license to drive to work. Hoping if all goes well to order that 6th by the end of the year. Also may have a deal on my buddy's old Lightning engine, that I'd built up on a stand for now. Thinking that + new 2011 6spd Auto for a nice cruiser. Then the P37A for a DD.

Yeah I need to stop thinking so much lol! So you'll have the car tomorrow for sure?
Old 6/23/10, 12:08 AM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
It's a funny feeling. I notice every Camaro that goes by now. I just look and think, "I can take him."
That's exactly it Gary! I guess you could say we're mustang snobs lol

Originally Posted by laserred38
Lol well...I wish I could drive the piddly little 200hp POS in my driveway ...

Interview went well. Didn't discuss pay, but I know I'd be making much less than I was before. But then no rent and significantly less in commuting costs could even that out. We'll see. I should know by next week. You're right though, the machined 19s look really good on GB. The guy even asked if I had any DUIs and was cool about it (said his 20 year old son had one last year) as it is a sales position, not installer, so I wouldn't need to be on their insurance. I'm hoping for $12-15/hr, since it's plus commission...I shouldn't have a problem with that.

So if that job comes through, I'll be moving to Sac and will at least get my restricted license to drive to work. Hoping if all goes well to order that 6th by the end of the year. Also may have a deal on my buddy's old Lightning engine, that I'd built up on a stand for now. Thinking that + new 2011 6spd Auto for a nice cruiser. Then the P37A for a DD.
Sweet! Sounds like things are working out for you. I cant think of a reason why they wouldn't give you the job with your unlimited knowledge of all things audio. I see a 2011 in your future
Yeah I need to stop thinking so much lol! So you'll have the car tomorrow for sure?
Thats the plan man...
Old 6/23/10, 12:37 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so jason did u sleep well last night
Old 6/23/10, 01:16 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Old 6/23/10, 01:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

You are going to absolutely love it! The glass roof makes it feel very open, but still keeps all of the road noise out. MOAR PIX!!!

Oh... and CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Now you just need to get the woman in your avatar to ride with you
Old 6/23/10, 04:27 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by Red Jay
so jason did u sleep well last night
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
No!!! I woke up at 5am, 6am, then 7 when I actually needed to be up!
Originally Posted by coffeejolts
You are going to absolutely love it! The glass roof makes it feel very open, but still keeps all of the road noise out. MOAR PIX!!!

Oh... and CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Now you just need to get the woman in your avatar to ride with you
Indeed! Hopefully the car will aid with that

I'm getting insurance quotes now.

$645 for 6 months w/o good student
$527 for 6 months w/ good student

My agent and I are fighting for it now!
Old 6/23/10, 04:53 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Wow that is pretty cheap. What provider?
Old 6/23/10, 05:02 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Wow that is pretty cheap. What provider?
Mercury Insurance Patrick. And they are giving me a 1% discount on my interest rate for my loan since I'm going through my credit union
Old 6/23/10, 05:12 PM
Cobra R Member

Congrats man.
Old 6/23/10, 05:17 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Thanks Tony
Old 6/23/10, 05:19 PM
Cobra R Member

Double check your deductible along with your medical / property damage coverage. State minimum is something ridiculous like 15k/30k. As you can imagine, you will burn through 15k property, and 30k medical damage very quick if you get in a bad accident and it's your fault. I'd recommend 100k/300k. Mercury was horrible to deal with from my experience, I hope they treat you well.
Old 6/23/10, 05:22 PM
Team Mustang Source

My insurance cost is actually cheap. $587/ 12 months.
Old 6/23/10, 05:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by montreal ponies
My insurance cost is actually cheap. $587/ 12 months.
WHAT

BS

You better be like 50 with a spotless driving record.
Old 6/24/10, 12:23 AM
MOTM Committee Member

I got it!!! But theres always a catch....

First off let me say this, I am thankful to God for everything that I have and all that He blessed me with. I am truly grateful and know there are many others less fortunate than I. Buying this car was a truly humbling experience.

So after spending 8 hours at work, an hour on the phone for insurance, and another hour at the bank for my loan....I finally picked her up. My Grabber Blue Baby.

My salesman took some quality pics but he sent them to my work email so I won't be able to get them 'till tomorrow. My Mom also took video (using my cell phone lol) of my first start-up.

When I started her up for the first time that exhaust note put a smile on my face from SoCal to Texas! In a word, it was breathtaking. The pony flashed across the NAV screen and I just knew this car was for me. I decided to take my Mom for a spin first to get used to the car.

This is when the only problem with the car reared its ugly head. I was showing her the glass roof and noticed about a 4" crack that diagonaled the front passenger corner of the roof . Showed it to my salesman and the fleet manager. I have to bring the car in tomorrow and they will order me a new roof. That's gonna cost Ford a pretty penny!

So after I got over that my Mom and I were off! And I'm man enough to admit I stalled out about 4-5 times trying to leave the dealer ! The clutch is just so light compared to my old car (4cyl '99 Cougar). I pressed it down and pressed it through the floor lol. And the Reverse gear is in the opposite position as my Cougar which was akward for me. Luckily my dealer is near a commercial park with pretty much zero traffic so I practiced 1st and reverse in there. I then drove the car down to my aunt's house and showed her and my cousin. She teared up she was so happy. I then took the looong way home and I put about 67 miles on her tonight. Woulda done more but it was getting late. I haven't gone past 4.5k yet (roads too crowded and this is my first HiPo vehicle so I'm trying to take it easy) but I am varying my speed like the manual says and I will get it up there soon for proper break in I just gotta find an empty lot or something.

Driving this car it just fit like a glove. I was dropping gears and passing cars no problem. First time on the on ramp I started to get on it a bit, and lo and behold CHP pulls up right next to me lol. My heart was pounding but he merely sped past me and carried on.

After all the emotional highs and lows of the day I am just really drained right now. But I can't wait for tomorrow so I can figure out SYNC, NAV, and MyColor. Still need more seat time to get used to the clutch feel and get her up to speed.

All in all I rate this car a 9.9/10. My only disappointment is the crack.

to Ford for a job well done with the 5.0.

Hey FORD, if you're listening you wanna send something my way as consolation for having to get my roof replaced the day I took delivery? Send me a PM

EDIT: Jokerstars I couldn't get the vehicle visibility report because the guy who does that wasn't in they claimed. I will try again tomorrow.

Also, anyone in SoCal looking to buy can order through John Reid, Citrus Motors, (951)312-7006 and MENTION MY NAME (JASON) and he will give you invoice (w/holdback) +$200

Last edited by stangfoeva; 6/24/10 at 12:29 AM.
Old 6/24/10, 01:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

I'm glad you got your ride, sucks on the crack though, wonder how that got pass QC?

MORE PICS PLEASE...
Old 6/24/10, 09:05 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Congrats again man. Can't believe they sent the car with a cracked roof!

I wonder how different the clutch/shifter feel on the 11 compared to the 10. You should have enough revs to get the car going in 1st without even giving it any throttle. Lol get those good pics up asap!
Old 6/24/10, 09:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

Freaking seriously? All this crap about Ford QC getting it perfect and they let a cracked glass roof ship out?

Maybe that's why mine has been sitting offsite for almost a week!
Old 6/24/10, 09:41 AM
Cobra Member

We don't know that the roof was cracked when it left the factory. It could have been damaged in shipping.
Old 6/24/10, 09:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

How? They dropped another car on it? lol
Old 6/24/10, 10:31 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Good luck with the new car! Hopefully, the cracked glass roof will get take care of quickly as well. Lastly, I consider us "related" Mustang owners, since an Azure Blue Mach 1 sits in a garage. I had wished the actual grabber hue came out for the '03/'04 Machs. However, the color is nice in its own right, and the fact that the 2010+ Mustangs have Grabber Blue speaks to the power of that heritage cue.

PS - Those wheels definitely look good with the Azure Blue color. I've seen a 2010 in person with them.

Quick Reply: My 5.0 came in tonight (crappy cell phone pics included)