Search this Thread

Old 3/10/14, 03:21 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,721 Likes on 1,224 Posts
Congrats on your Mustang.
Enjoy.
Old 3/10/14, 03:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats on the car. The only think that I like so far is the platy dip front grill. Im not a fan of chrome and I think the stock intake was better. Its your car so do whate er you like to it and be happy with it.
Old 3/10/14, 04:12 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by B's 5.0
Congrats. Love what you have done to the front grille, but what does not make sense to me is, you said " Basically the only serious amount of chrome that is on the car has to go " and then turn around and buy chrome wheels. Also not digging the pin stripes, but it is your Stang do what you like. I may be a little bias when it comes to black but I liked the black wheels much better, made the Stang look Bad A** IMO.
Originally Posted by Thomas S
The car was better stock.
Congrats ... But I agree with the above. Sorry.
Old 3/10/14, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by RubyRed14GT500
Sorry, my comment was meant for kcoTiger...he mentioned his 285s are rubbing and I have 285s and haven't noticed any rubbing...yet.

But what do you mean "they only run a 265 tire"? Are you saying your wheel will only handle a 265?

Only that I know it will take a 265 tire, depending on back spacing, because the Shelby runs one. I realize that the offset can make or break you on rubbing with certain tire sizes, so Im trying to figure out the most I can run, with my offset.
Old 3/10/14, 05:46 PM

This is how the car sits right now, with the black stockers back on it. Winter is hopefully over, so no more need for the cobra rims and tires.

Name:  IMAG1952_zpsqmrwb5qz.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  56.6 KB

Name:  IMAG1950_zpsidtj0zzr.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  49.9 KB
Old 3/10/14, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Thomas S
The car was better stock.

How so? The cobra rims that are my winter only ones? Better than steel rims I figured. Don't like the intake or exhaust? LED's in the grille? Or the .5 inch pin stripe?

Originally Posted by BlueFirePony
Congrats on the car. The only think that I like so far is the platy dip front grill. Im not a fan of chrome and I think the stock intake was better. Its your car so do whate er you like to it and be happy with it.

Care to elaborate on the intake? I wasn't looking for a show case engine, just more enjoyable sound from the engine. I like the removable paint idea, cause if I get sick of it, I can replace it. But the grille is deff my fav appearance mod so far.

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Congrats ... But I agree with the above. Sorry.

Thanks! Everyone has a different taste, and definitely their own opinion. And they are entitled to both! But its a work in progress. Who knows what is to come next. Id love to find a new hood....
Old 3/10/14, 06:56 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by RubyRed14GT500
What rims are you using? I'm running 285/40r19 on my stock wheels and I haven't noticed any rubbing.
Forgestar F14's 20x9, but like I said, the rubbing is only when the wheel is turned all the way to one side or the other, and the rubbing is minimal at worst. Mine are 285/35/20 Toyo 888's.
Old 3/10/14, 07:01 PM
Banned

the problem with your intake is that the tubing diameter changes multiple times, and the MAF is metering X amount of air going past when the tube is really big, but then it's actually much less. Also the distance from the filter to the MAF is quite small, and the air is probably quite turbulent.
Old 3/10/14, 08:36 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Silver talon
How so? The cobra rims that are my winter only ones? Better than steel rims I figured. Don't like the intake or exhaust? LED's in the grille? Or the .5 inch pin stripe?
Yes. It looks like the exhaust you got is for 2011-2012s, it sticks out too far. I hate pinstripes, they add nothing to the looks of the car. The blacked out grill doesn't look bad but I don't get removing that little bit of chrome and then adding chrome wheels. And actually I like chrome wheels on certain colors, I think it will look good with silver. As far as the intake goes, save up and buy at least a used aftermarket intake.

Like you said, to each their own. I think your car was beautiful from the factory and is less so now. I'm not saying you shouldn't modify it because that's part of what makes Mustangs so great.
Old 3/10/14, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
the problem with your intake is that the tubing diameter changes multiple times, and the MAF is metering X amount of air going past when the tube is really big, but then it's actually much less. Also the distance from the filter to the MAF is quite small, and the air is probably quite turbulent.

The mass air housing is too big I agree. But there is a sleeve inside it to keep the mass air in the correct place inside the air stream. There also is one inside the filter facing out away from the engine, helping the mass air to see a nice straight and smooth flow of air. Probably 6-8 inches of of straight smooth air before the meter, which is slightly more than the stock air box. Before I ran the sleeve inside the filter, I did notice a small dead spot in the rpm range, and after installing it, I got the nice smooth power I was expecting. Nice eye on the intake though! Most people don't pick up on the dead spots down low being from a "dirty" air stream.