Hey I did my part, I took delivery of a '12 on July 8th
Old 8/4/11, 11:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quality over Quantity. Need I say more?
Old 8/5/11, 07:13 AM
V6 Member

So many of u keep mentioning the rebate crap......simple supply and demand. Less inventory (or supply) means more demand which means they (ford) does not have to lure people in with tons of offers.

Not sure why they arent producing, but i bet if u looked at sales vs production numbers, the mustang is beating the camaro. The market is flooded with camaros and i think gm is smart for doing that while ford is having supply issues.....they almost got me to switch to a camaro for less money after i waited almost 4 months for a build date on my order. But i decided on a used mustang before the camaro. Just hate the interior of the camaro too much! long story short, in my situation ford lost the sale of a brand new car because of their inability to produce in a timely manner. I'm sure there r more people out there that were in my same boat.
Old 8/5/11, 07:17 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 2012 Black 5.0
So many of u keep mentioning the rebate crap......simple supply and demand. Less inventory (or supply) means more demand which means they (ford) does not have to lure people in with tons of offers.

Not sure why they arent producing, but i bet if u looked at sales vs production numbers, the mustang is beating the camaro. The market is flooded with camaros and i think gm is smart for doing that while ford is having supply issues.....they almost got me to switch to a camaro for less money after i waited almost 4 months for a build date on my order. But i decided on a used mustang before the camaro. Just hate the interior of the camaro too much! long story short, in my situation ford lost the sale of a brand new car because of their inability to produce in a timely manner. I'm sure there r more people out there that were in my same boat.
From what I'm told (not sure how much the dealer actually knew or was bsing me) the shortage is coming because of a few parts (such as the nav system among other things) that were made in Japan.

Now from what people on the forums are saying it's because they are trying to work out bugs with their GT's dropping the 8th cylinder when you put a tune on the car.

Both purely speculation but both seem credible.
Old 8/5/11, 09:12 AM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Iseador
From what I'm told (not sure how much the dealer actually knew or was bsing me) the shortage is coming because of a few parts (such as the nav system among other things) that were made in Japan.

Now from what people on the forums are saying it's because they are trying to work out bugs with their GT's dropping the 8th cylinder when you put a tune on the car.

Both purely speculation but both seem credible.
Why would Ford do anything to help you with the reprogramming of their vehicles? That's ridiculous
Old 8/5/11, 09:20 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 99mstng

REALLY??? You have 49 Mustangs at the 5 closest dealers to you??? Where I'm at (Akron, Ohio) I would be surprised if the 5 closest dealers to me have had 49 Mustangs combined all year!

Weird thing is how many GT500's seem to be out there . . . I thought their production was more limited than the 5.0's but it seems almost even. Wonder what deals will be out there on 2012 GT500's once the 2013 comes out.
Um, no. If they've sold over 45k Mustangs, the 500 will probably be around the same production numbers as last year, which was 5300 units.
Old 8/5/11, 12:04 PM

I'm a huge mustang fan and always have been but I'm actually glad the Camaro is outselling the Mustang at this point.

I work windshield repair, so I am out in a Superstore parkinglot beside a major roadway for 9 hours a day. Per week I see maybe 1-2 5.0's on the road with only another 2-3 other Mustangs of the current body style, but i see at least 2-3 ss Camaros per day. They are quickly becoming the Honda Civic of american pony/muscle cars, whatever they could be classified at this point as they have kinda lost their sportyness for a muscle look although ford's retuting to it, and they're loosing their "wow" factor fast.

My roomate never liked Mustangs and complained they are way too common, huge Camaro fan of course and fights have happened, but now he complains about seeing Camaros everywhere. Even the huge fan he is he is being put off by the fact that they aren't really special anymore.

Basic buisness is you want to always be better than your competition, so many Camaros saturating the market Ford is gonna be putting out one bad***s car in 2015 MY so they can steal the musclecar fans back from the darkside. I think the 5.0 wouldn't put out the power it currently does and there wouldn't be a 2013MY refresh if the Camaro hadn't caught on so well.

Just as always in the ponycar sales fight, Chevy wins a few battles now and then but the Mustang is still winning the war.
Old 8/5/11, 03:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Vorian
I'm a huge mustang fan and always have been but I'm actually glad the Camaro is outselling the Mustang at this point.

I work windshield repair, so I am out in a Superstore parkinglot beside a major roadway for 9 hours a day. Per week I see maybe 1-2 5.0's on the road with only another 2-3 other Mustangs of the current body style, but i see at least 2-3 ss Camaros per day. They are quickly becoming the Honda Civic of american pony/muscle cars, whatever they could be classified at this point as they have kinda lost their sportyness for a muscle look although ford's retuting to it, and they're loosing their "wow" factor fast.

My roomate never liked Mustangs and complained they are way too common, huge Camaro fan of course and fights have happened, but now he complains about seeing Camaros everywhere. Even the huge fan he is he is being put off by the fact that they aren't really special anymore.

Basic buisness is you want to always be better than your competition, so many Camaros saturating the market Ford is gonna be putting out one bad***s car in 2015 MY so they can steal the musclecar fans back from the darkside. I think the 5.0 wouldn't put out the power it currently does and there wouldn't be a 2013MY refresh if the Camaro hadn't caught on so well.

Just as always in the ponycar sales fight, Chevy wins a few battles now and then but the Mustang is still winning the war.
+1 Agreed.
Old 8/5/11, 04:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 99mstng
REALLY??? You have 49 Mustangs at the 5 closest dealers to you??? Where I'm at (Akron, Ohio) I would be surprised if the 5 closest dealers to me have had 49 Mustangs combined all year!

Weird thing is how many GT500's seem to be out there . . . I thought their production was more limited than the 5.0's but it seems almost even. Wonder what deals will be out there on 2012 GT500's once the 2013 comes out.
There seems to be a lot of GT500's here as well. One dealer has 17 GT500's. They had that many for over 2 weeks now. That is with employee pricing...I think the demand has fallen quite a bit and they can not seem to move them with employee pricing...

The 13 GT500 will be the Shelby to have. I think you will get a good deal on 12 GT500 once the 13 shows up...
Old 8/5/11, 04:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by VegasGold

There seems to be a lot of GT500's here as well. One dealer has 17 GT500's. They had that many for over 2 weeks now. That is with employee pricing...I think the demand has fallen quite a bit and they can not seem to move them with employee pricing...

The 13 GT500 will be the Shelby to have. I think you will get a good deal on 12 GT500 once the 13 shows up...
Can you tell me the name of this dealer? My friend is looking for a great deal. City and state? Thank you
Old 8/5/11, 05:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
Can you tell me the name of this dealer? My friend is looking for a great deal. City and state? Thank you
From my sig you can see I am in Edmonton, Alberta Canada...Long way to travel for your friend. You have better prices then we do even with employee pricing...Ours start at $58,999 plus shipping etc...Well over $60,000 for the car with options plus tax is $70,000 ish range.

I assume you can get one for low to mid $40,000 range.
Old 8/5/11, 05:45 PM
Banned

From my sig you can see I am in Edmonton, Alberta Canada...Long way to travel for your friend. You have better prices then we do even with employee pricing...Ours start at $58,999 plus shipping etc...Well over $60,000 for the car with options plus tax is $70,000 ish range.

Oh ok I have signatures turned off I thought you might be in Vegas.
Old 8/5/11, 06:09 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 643 Likes on 463 Posts

I looked at that dealer and checked the window sticker on one. I found it interesting that the base price was so much higher, but the options were priced lower. The Electronics Package is the same price, but the SVT Performance Package was called TrackPack. Here its $3995, there its only $2000. The Recaro's here are $1595, but there its only $1000.

http://services.forddirect.fordvehic...BP8JS7C5233526

Never knew that.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 8/5/11 at 06:10 PM.
Old 8/5/11, 06:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
I looked at that dealer and checked the window sticker on one. I found it interesting that the base price was so much higher, but the options were priced lower. The Electronics Package is the same price, but the SVT Performance Package was called TrackPack. Here its $3995, there its only $2000. The Recaro's here are $1595, but there its only $1000.

http://services.forddirect.fordvehic...BP8JS7C5233526

Never knew that.
Yes, our prices are higher. Go figure, our dollar is about the same value.
You can make some cash selling your cars here...Something to think about...Some changes will be needed for Canadian law.
Old 8/5/11, 07:01 PM
Banned

You can make some cash selling your cars here...Something to think about...Some changes will be needed for Canadian law.
So why the Vegas, Vegas?
Old 8/5/11, 07:02 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 643 Likes on 463 Posts
Oh, I knew the car prices were higher, I was just confused about the option prices being lower, how they come up with that figure, and why.
Old 8/5/11, 07:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Oh, I knew the car prices were higher, I was just confused about the option prices being lower, how they come up with that figure, and why.
No idea. Canadian marketing I guess.
Old 8/5/11, 07:17 PM
Bullitt Member

The Shelby are all nice. But, when they charge us so much, it better be worth it.
Old 8/5/11, 10:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Im in NYC and there's still a few to choose from. Also dealers are saying they can get whatever you ask for ? I just think it's the economy.
Old 8/6/11, 03:25 AM
GT Member

What do you think about price of this car?
Want buy it and import to Sweden.
It has everything I am looking for.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...5&aff=national

Last edited by Enator; 8/6/11 at 03:26 AM.

Quick Reply: Mustang July 2011 Sales Down