Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

More Interior Shots>>>

Search this Thread

Old 3/17/08, 08:19 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MBK
ive had steering wheel controls on two cars before the mustang and i can't say i miss them that much. having no steering wheel controls also makes installing an aftermarket unit a bit easier.
I have to agree with this 100%.

All we need is more crap on the wheel. Cruise control is enough. Nothing wrong with the radio controls staying where they are. If anything they need to quit spending (wasting) money on factory NAV systems (learn how to READ A MAP for crying out loud) and all that other stuff that just drives up the cost of Mustangs (the development costs are passed on to all the other models) and there is more there for something to go wrong with.

They couldn't offer a 5.4 V-8 for the 2008 BULLITT but they could put all that other junk in there ... FREAKIN' LOSERS ~ !!!

If they do install some sort of high-tech device they need to figure out how to run the cell phone systems through the stereo system with AFFORDABILITY ... especially since folks wont spend the extra bucks for a blue tooth or just simply stay off the phone while they're driving (and realize they dont have the personal skills and coordination to drive right and talk at the same time).
Old 3/17/08, 10:37 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Whoa settle down there ... breath in the good air...out the bad air...repeat
Old 3/17/08, 11:50 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by TXBLUOVAL
I have to agree with this 100%.

All we need is more crap on the wheel. Cruise control is enough. Nothing wrong with the radio controls staying where they are. If anything they need to quit spending (wasting) money on factory NAV systems (learn how to READ A MAP for crying out loud)...
Crap on the steering wheel? Really? Cuz all I see there is an airbag/horn, and the cruise control buttons, which by the way are some of the smallest buttons I've seen in a car.

There's more than enough space for steering wheel audio controls on the back. The Mini Cooper and Jeep Liberty have them there, and it works fine. Yesterday more than ever I wish the current Mustang had audio controls. With all the college kids on the road, I couldn't take my concentration off the road for one second. Searching for the volume **** was always a hassle and distracting.

And NAV systems are here to stay. Why waste time fumbling around with a map when you can just type something and thats it, you're done. They are extremely useful for trips to new areas.
Old 3/17/08, 01:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by daleksarewimps
Crap on the steering wheel? Really? Cuz all I see there is an airbag/horn, and the cruise control buttons, which by the way are some of the smallest buttons I've seen in a car.

There's more than enough space for steering wheel audio controls on the back. The Mini Cooper and Jeep Liberty have them there, and it works fine. Yesterday more than ever I wish the current Mustang had audio controls. With all the college kids on the road, I couldn't take my concentration off the road for one second. Searching for the volume **** was always a hassle and distracting.

And NAV systems are here to stay. Why waste time fumbling around with a map when you can just type something and thats it, you're done. They are extremely useful for trips to new areas.
Factory installed (and usually less competent) NAV systems aint here to stay in anything I'm going to buy.

I've always driven with all kinds of folks on the road and I never had any problems (but then again I CAN walk and chew gum at the same time).
Old 3/17/08, 01:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Boomer
Whoa settle down there ... breath in the good air...out the bad air...repeat
Sure beats the HOT AIR that was blown when someone decided not to offer the right engine(s) in an SE (but added all the other stuff everybody else has to pay for in the base prices of whatever they settled for/could get).
Old 3/17/08, 02:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts
If a nav or other technology is such an issue, then don't check off the box to get them. Nothing wrong with a long options list. At least that way, people can get the gizmos they want and leave out what they don't. That can only increases the appeal of the car. Don't like a glass roof? Don't order it. Think navs are for pansies? Get the car with a stereo. Ambient lighting too ricey? Don't get it.

Offering a car with no options limits the targeted clientele and sounds too communist to me .
Old 3/17/08, 04:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by jim010
If a nav or other technology is such an issue, then don't check off the box to get them. Nothing wrong with a long options list. At least that way, people can get the gizmos they want and leave out what they don't. That can only increases the appeal of the car. Don't like a glass roof? Don't order it. Think navs are for pansies? Get the car with a stereo. Ambient lighting too ricey? Don't get it.

Offering a car with no options limits the targeted clientele and sounds too communist to me .
That's just it ... COMMUNISTS will limit your engine options ... which is what they did, so NO there is no long list of "options".

And NO ... I don't feel as though I should have to pay a higher price for a less optioned car just so others can have all those worthless toys that drives up the costs (that could be spent on offering other engines like there should be in Mustangs and like there used to be when they were built right).

You want gizmos and gadgets ... GO BUY A RICER ~ !!!
Old 3/17/08, 05:39 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by TXBLUOVAL
Sure beats the HOT AIR that was blown when someone decided not to offer the right engine(s) in an SE (but added all the other stuff everybody else has to pay for in the base prices of whatever they settled for/could get).
When were you promised or told about any special engine in an SE?
Or were you just wishing?

The old Bullitt had no special engine either, why did everyone think that it would.
It was all just pipe dream and bad reporting on BON's end.
Old 3/17/08, 05:41 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so yea.... are we a little off topic here?
Old 3/17/08, 08:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Boomer
When were you promised or told about any special engine in an SE?
Or were you just wishing?

The old Bullitt had no special engine either, why did everyone think that it would.
It was all just pipe dream and bad reporting on BON's end.
Who said anything about "promised" ??? You're injecting that word not anyone else.

It don't matter if it was promised or whatever ... they FAILED and that is the bottom line. There is more to justify offering the motor than YOUR POINT of upholding Ford's decision (if that's what you want to call it) to the contrary.

Ford probably wont even do the full 7700 units they projected to build (although I hope for whoever wants one they can get it) because folks aint buying them with all the so-called "package" is (and the lack of sales does NOT have anything to do with fuel costs right now).

You are also WRONG about the 2001; the engine at least had it's own special intake manifold. This time arouund Ford didn't even do that. The engine offered was the only size offered in any V-8 Mustang that year (sounds kind of familiar, doesn't it ... ???).

But, I guess that's got nothing to do with them (supposedly) doing away with the 4.6 which is being replaced by the 5.0 MOD (which is what they could have at least offered in the BULLITT in addition to a 4.6 if not a 5.4). BUMMER ... the "new" motor still doesn't have a 4" bore ... (???)

There wont be one in my driveway until they provide what I want and I really dont care what anyone else has to say about that.
Old 3/17/08, 08:59 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts
I don't see how you pay for the options in other peoples' cars. I doubt that you paid any share of my nav, which is a $2000 option - which should cover Pioneer's development cost nicely per unit. I don't see how this affects the price of the car you would look at.

And a car with few interior options that are expected could only reduce sales. I doubt Dodge or Chevy are going to offer cars with a roll cage and nothing else. Do you want Ford to limit who would be interested in thier cars? Most of these creature comforts are now expected by a consumer.

As for engine options - hasn't it been since the early 70's since the Mustnag was offered with more than 3 engine choices? And for a while only 2. You're pretty angry with Ford, but you're STILL getting alot of bang for your buck when it comes to the Mustang.

Oh, and I don't care either if you buy another Mustang since I won't see the commision anyway .