Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Mirror damage

Search this Thread

Old 5/3/23, 01:11 PM
V6 Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Mirror damage

Was heading to car show on Saturday and some guy drifted into my lane and clipped my driver side mirror, left it hanging there and scuffed up the door (looked bad)
Turns out the door damage was superficial and is now fine. Club member turned me on to LKQ , a company that has lots of salvage lots around the country. Bought a
rear view driver side mirror for $113, free shipping. Hoping it arrives today. They even have a pic of the Mustang it came off of. Appears this company is a good source
for parts at reasonable prices. Will know for sure when I get it and put it on. Just thought I'd put that out there as an option for parts.
Old 5/3/23, 04:17 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,138 Likes on 1,719 Posts
Originally Posted by Coyote1
Was heading to car show on Saturday and some guy drifted into my lane and clipped my driver side mirror, left it hanging there and scuffed up the door (looked bad)
Turns out the door damage was superficial and is now fine. Club member turned me on to LKQ , a company that has lots of salvage lots around the country. Bought a
rear view driver side mirror for $113, free shipping. Hoping it arrives today. They even have a pic of the Mustang it came off of. Appears this company is a good source
for parts at reasonable prices. Will know for sure when I get it and put it on. Just thought I'd put that out there as an option for parts.
Can you provide a weblink for LKQ's website? I'm certain that plenty of folks who can no longer find OEM parts due to being discontinued, including myself would be very interested!
Old 5/3/23, 06:33 PM
V6 Member

Just google LKQ, it'll take you right there. However, be cautious. Got the mirror today, it was the wrong color, wrong size (not even for my car),
and didnt have the electric pigtail for the power mirror (the lady specifically said it would). I'll be sending it back tomorrow and not sure I trust them
to get it right. Probably just spend the extra money and get one from Ford. Not sure iI'd recommend them after this.
The following users liked this post:
NC14GT (5/3/23)
Old 5/3/23, 06:39 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,861 Likes on 2,112 Posts
Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
Can you provide a weblink for LKQ's website? I'm certain that plenty of folks who can no longer find OEM parts due to being discontinued, including myself would be very interested!
Hell's Bell's ROCKY I thought That Is What I was Doing Here! And I Have Posted LKQ Parts Website Here & There in the Past! I Used them At The Dealership When Items Were Discontinued and or Were Way Expensive. I had a Local Guy I Called on the Phone Who Always Took Care of Me Vs Using Online Setup. Worked Fine For Me!

GAAAAAAAAAAAAA LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

https://lkqonline.com/

KC

Last edited by 05stangkc; 5/3/23 at 07:12 PM.
Old 5/3/23, 10:07 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by 05stangkc
Hell's Bell's ROCKY I thought That Is What I was Doing Here! And I Have Posted LKQ Parts Website Here & There in the Past! I Used them At The Dealership When Items Were Discontinued and or Were Way Expensive. I had a Local Guy I Called on the Phone Who Always Took Care of Me Vs Using Online Setup. Worked Fine For Me!

KC
I think, don't know for sure, but I believe it used to be Keystone back in the 90s and early 2000s. They sold a lot of after market body parts too. I bought a fender, front bumper and fog lights for an explorer, all were great quality and worked out well. Bought fenders, grille, and front end body parts for a little S10 hotrod truck my friend was building with an LS swap, and a later model core support we could cut up for a big aluminum radiator and electric fans after the motor swap.

They had a retail shop in the area when it was Keystone, but later on I noticed their sign was LKQ but with the same font and colors. See the trucks come by often headed to a local body shop.

Old 5/3/23, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
I think, don't know for sure, but I believe it used to be Keystone back in the 90s and early 2000s. They sold a lot of after market body parts too. I bought a fender, front bumper and fog lights for an explorer, all were great quality and worked out well. Bought fenders, grille, and front end body parts for a little S10 hotrod truck my friend was building with an LS swap, and a later model core support we could cut up for a big aluminum radiator and electric fans after the motor swap.

They had a retail shop in the area when it was Keystone, but later on I noticed their sign was LKQ but with the same font and colors. See the trucks come by often headed to a local body shop.
They are CREEPY Big These Days!

Keystone

https://www.lkqcorp.com/blog/global-...ve-industries/

The Whole Shabang

https://www.lkqcorp.com/lkq-global_a...ce_country=usa

KC

Last edited by 05stangkc; 5/3/23 at 11:18 PM.
Old 5/4/23, 01:13 PM

Just google LKQ, it'll take you right there. However, be cautious. Got the mirror today, it was the wrong color, wrong size (not even for my car),
and didnt have the electric pigtail for the power mirror (the lady specifically said it would). I'll be sending it back tomorrow and not sure I trust them
to get it right. Probably just spend the extra money and get one from Ford. Not sure iI'd recommend them after this.
After sharing this experience with LKQ, I don't think I'll be able to find them as trustworthy enough to earn my business... Meanwhile, sorry that you had to encounter a negative transaction with them

KC
I stand guilty as charged Kevin... It appears you caught me slippin once again as the result of another brain fart ​​​​​​​ So yes, you are here due to your expertise and over 30-year experience as a retired Ford OEM parts manager... I suppose that being caught in the moment was the reason for my temporary memory loss
Old 5/4/23, 01:35 PM

After sharing this experience with LKQ, I don't think I'll be able to find them as trustworthy enough to earn my business... Meanwhile, sorry that you had to encounter a negative transaction with them

I stand guilty as charged Kevin... It appears you caught me slippin once again as the result of another brain fart So yes, you are here due to your expertise and over 30-year experience as a retired Ford OEM parts manager... I suppose that being caught in the moment was the reason for my temporary memory loss
Did I Post That! I Don't Remember Doing That Maybe Somebody Hijacked My Account. The Wheels on The Bus Go Round & Round! Who Are You! Where Am I? I Don't Know Anything about Horses. Where are Those Mustangs at? I Need a Nap!

Oh Here Comes My Nurse!

I Need To ask Her Something?

Is It Time For Meds?

Or Is it Time For My Sponge Bath?

You Say Both! Well Alright!!!!!!!!

See Ya Later!

KC

When I Go I Want a Happy Ending!

Last edited by 05stangkc; 5/4/23 at 01:53 PM.
Old 5/4/23, 03:04 PM

Did I Post That! I Don't Remember Doing That Maybe Somebody Hijacked My Account. The Wheels on The Bus Go Round & Round! Who Are You! Where Am I? I Don't Know Anything about Horses. Where are Those Mustangs at? I Need a Nap!

Oh Here Comes My Nurse!

I Need To ask Her Something?

Is It Time For Meds?

Or Is it Time For My Sponge Bath?

You Say Both! Well Alright!!!!!!!!

See Ya Later!

KC

When I Go I Want a Happy Ending!
ROFLMFAO
Old 5/4/23, 03:51 PM

ROFLMFAO

What My Nurse Looked Like Before Meds!

What My Nurse Looked Like After Meds!

Can't Wait Till My Next Bath!

KC

m05fastbackGT (5/5/23)
Old 5/5/23, 02:11 PM

What she looked like during an all-night party while drinking on the left... What she looked like after waking up beside her the next morning on the right! lol.
05stangkc (5/5/23)
Old 5/5/23, 02:17 PM

What she looked like during an all-night party while drinking on the left... What she looked like after waking up beside her the next morning on the right! lol.
Well There Was A Couple of Times Back in the 80'S Well Never Mind! I Can't Go There!

KC
m05fastbackGT (5/5/23)
Old 5/5/23, 03:17 PM

Well There Was A Couple of Times Back in the 80'S Well Never Mind! I Can't Go There!

KC
Say no more! I know exactly where you're coming from
Old 5/5/23, 05:01 PM
V6 Member

You guys are too much, but love your posts. Yeah, we've all been there, especially those of us who remember the 80's. BTW, sending my mismatched
mirror back to LKQ. Said screw it, went to Ford dealer and bought a new one, pricey but my car is back to perfect. Didn't know they only sell mirrors
without a mirror cover. Luckily I eventually got my old one off and used it. What a journey this was.
Old 5/5/23, 08:16 PM

You guys are too much, but love your posts. Yeah, we've all been there, especially those of us who remember the 80's. BTW, sending my mismatched
mirror back to LKQ. Said screw it, went to Ford dealer and bought a new one, pricey but my car is back to perfect. Didn't know they only sell mirrors
without a mirror cover. Luckily I eventually got my old one off and used it. What a journey this was.
No Cover So You Don't Have to Paint New Mirror on Some Models but Use Old Cover an New Housing. Sometimes a Plus Sometimes Not! Cover Removal Can Be a Mystery!

As Far As Post's it Started about Mirrors. But Ironically We Started REFLECTING on Other Things and LOOKING BACK on Others! You Have Been PUNished!

Speaking of the 80's I Remembered The Old Saying Back in the Bar Hopping Venue. A Two at 10 is a Ten At 2! Bar Closing Time in California. Certainly Applies to Previous Posts!

Aye Carumba!

KC

Last edited by 05stangkc; 5/5/23 at 08:18 PM.
Old 5/6/23, 03:25 PM

What can I say, we're just 2 old timers who bring out the best in one another. All j/k aside, if you're still able to purchase OEM parts thru Ford? despite being pricier vs aftermarket, you'll have peace of mind in knowing the quality is far superior and guaranteed to fit properly.
Old 5/6/23, 05:43 PM
V6 Member

Yes, peace of mind and quality, worth the extra money. I suspect there are a few more oldtimers (certainly me) out here.
I've come very close recently to moving up to a new GT, but just cant seem to justify getting rid of my 2011. BTW, on my way back from local
Cars and Coffee (at Shelby American), I dusted a late model Camaro, not sure what engine he had but know it was V8.
Guess I'll be keeping my old GT for a while. Thanx guys.
Old 5/6/23, 06:19 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Yes, peace of mind and quality, worth the extra money. I suspect there are a few more oldtimers (certainly me) out here.
I've come very close recently to moving up to a new GT, but just cant seem to justify getting rid of my 2011. BTW, on my way back from local
Cars and Coffee (at Shelby American), I dusted a late model Camaro, not sure what engine he had but know it was V8.
Guess I'll be keeping my old GT for a while. Thanx guys.
Had a kid in a v6 Camaro with obnoxious exhaust rev it to the limiter next to me in the 500 this week. Not sure he knew what he was dealing with
Old 5/7/23, 04:52 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 555 Likes on 361 Posts
BTW, LKQ is the go to parts supplier for my Insurance Company, they are not supposed to send anything older than the vehicle as per contract with them also.
When my 2013, Tuxedo Black, Supercab, 6.5 Foot F150 was rear ended the first bed they sent was a 5.5 short bed that was UA Black. LKQ said it was the Body shops fault, I was there when it was ordered. Year, Model, VIN and the length and width of the bed were told to the guy. The last year Ford used UA Black on a F150 was 2009, the replacement bed that LKQ sent was off a 2011 on back since it had the Bed utility system in it from Ford that was discontinued in 2011 (later found to be a 2010). So needless to say I have no faith in LKQ and they still owe me a 2013 or 2014 Straight bed that is the same distance across the top and bottom of the tailgate opening.