2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

Mirror with HomeLink

Search this Thread

Old 11/3/06, 11:28 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mirror with HomeLink

My CS is still on order and what I was wondering is if the mirror comes with the Compass, Tempature display and HomeLink garage door opener?

Some or none of these?? the salesman at the dealer said he thinks it has the compass and temp, but is not sure about the garage door opener.

What does yours have, and was it part of an option pkg such as the interior upgrade or do all CS's have it.

Thanks
Old 11/3/06, 11:34 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by BCTechieboy
My CS is still on order and what I was wondering is if the mirror comes with the Compass, Tempature display and HomeLink garage door opener?

Some or none of these?? the salesman at the dealer said he thinks it has the compass and temp, but is not sure about the garage door opener.

What does yours have, and was it part of an option pkg such as the interior upgrade or do all CS's have it.

Thanks

BC - it comes with the auto dim and compass feature. I'm going to switch mine out for one with the HomeLink feature.
Old 11/3/06, 11:45 AM
GT Member

BCTech - it's compass and autodim only. No garage door opener, and no temp.
Old 11/3/06, 06:52 PM
V6 Member

I had my autdim replaced at the dealership -- it cannot be done during the build -- with the mirror including the Homelink and temperature readout. The mirror cost $636.oo plus taxes and three hours installation time. I believe it was over $800.00 and I was told I received a deal on the mirror. Also you cannot use the same wiring harness nor can you remove the original to sell with the discarded mirror, that is unless you are willing to cut into the existing wiring and remove it a bit at a time with a lot of luck. It is not meant to be removed. The added cost is crazy but I do like having the Homelink as there isn't any handy storage for the handheld door opener.
Old 11/3/06, 07:00 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
When you order in Canada the car comes with a regular mirror and there are I believe four to choose from
Compass and homelink no temp is $ 622.00 -
with just compass homelink & temp is $ 674.00 -
compass no homelink no temp is $ 296.00 -
compass & temp no homelink is $ 494.00
and about 1 hour install fee another $ 100.00 I've been e-mailing Ford Canada and raisng a little why when I price & build the mirror I choose comes up in the final price and then the dealer say instal fee ? Ford maintains that on accessories its that way . Well why doe is not then declare that I stated. no solid answer.
Old 11/3/06, 07:57 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
here is a link to a thread that was started in July. it has a lot of info and where to get them cheaper.
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...light=homelink
Old 11/3/06, 08:00 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
When you order in Canada the car comes with a regular mirror and there are I believe four to choose from
Compass and homelink no temp is $ 622.00 -
with just compass homelink & temp is $ 674.00 -
compass no homelink no temp is $ 296.00 -
compass & temp no homelink is $ 494.00
and about 1 hour install fee another $ 100.00 I've been e-mailing Ford Canada and raisng a little why when I price & build the mirror I choose comes up in the final price and then the dealer say instal fee ? Ford maintains that on accessories its that way . Well why doe is not then declare that I stated. no solid answer.
I don't follow that post? Are you saying that the standard mirror is just an ordinary mirror and all the rest are extra-cost options? Mine came with auto-dim and compass for no extra cost. My understanding of the GT/CS specs is that is standard for the GT/CS. Not $296 extra. If you want HomeLink, then you would be into an extra-cost option and switch out costs. OTOH, the Ford Canada brochure for 2007 says that the auto-dim/compass mirror is part of the Comfort Group with the 6-way power passenger seat; but I think every GT/CS is ordered w the Comfort Group.

A bit confusing?
Old 11/4/06, 03:59 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Yes I'm baffled to H-ll on it . The dealer said the car comes with a regular plane jane mirror and if I want elect chromatic with Compass & temp they say I have to buy from accessories, BUT I now am understanding that the electric with compass is supposed to be part of the GT/CS package ?
So I really am sorry if I confused any on this . I will just let the car come and see what I get and if has great if not oh Well.
oh yah I could not find any read on it in the brochure ? maybe the dealer had them remade to sell sell sell ?