Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Might sell my '12 5.0 Premium

Search this Thread

Old 8/29/11, 06:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Hytek
To me it doesnt sound like you got a bad deal. You paid full price because you ordered yours with all the goodies. It was probably too early to get rebates when you purchased it. 4.9% is not bad at all, pay a little extra if you can each month to pay that balance down quicker. The sooner you pay your payment (don't wait until due date) the more goes to principle and not interest. Do this for 6-7 months, drive it until the spring, and if you still feel the same way then sell it. Your going to take an even bigger hit now going into fall/winter with a sports car. If you go that route, you'll get more money from a private seller than a dealer.
Oh no, I remember his deal. He got taken behind the woodshed and paid MSRP+ when 2012s were going for far less -- a true "life lesson".

OP, paying the $1k/mo will make it go away much faster. Paying it off at that rate you'll catch up to how upside down you are long before you pay the loan off and can take corrective action then. At this point it would just be too expensive to get out of it.
Old 8/29/11, 07:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With the $14k hit you are taking that will be darn near 2 years of payments, you would be better off riding it out for the 2 years and then hopefully you will be near what is owed vs. value of the car.

Dave
Old 8/29/11, 10:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Mine would mysteriously disappear
Old 9/1/11, 11:54 PM

Lo jack installed. Chris Angel couldn't make it disappear lol
Old 9/2/11, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by dunarze
If any of you recall, when i joined this site I was ****ting bricks because I got taken by the dealer. I pretty much paid sticker price for the car and got a ****ty interest rate. While i can afford the payments, I feel this car is holding me back.

I am currently living at home with my father in a "studio" and paying him rent, but It is nowhere near the amount I'd pay if I move out. I would not be able to afford to move out if I wanted to because I have a dog, so I'd need a place with a yard, and spots like that are more expensive as it is.

I am considering a change in careers, If i go through with it I'd take a huge pay cut for about 1-2 years, then I'd be OK if I'm able to get the job that i want. I can't take that pay cut with my car payments.

I know, I know. I should have put more thought into my purchase. I got sucked into it the second the salesman handed me the keys for a test drive. My IQ dropped to negative levels the second i heard that 5.0 fire up. Yes i can afford the payments, but I'm basically stuck where I am until i pay the car off.

2012 Lava Red Mustang 5.0 Premium, brembo brakes, comfort package, sync, Lo Jack. I paid MSRP, with a 4.9% interest over 5 years. Payoff total ( including downpayment ) would come out to be $44,xxx if I paid tomorrow. 5 year total is $48,xxx. I've checked KBB but it doesn't give an option for 2012 cars.

I was wondering if anyone has an idea as to what kind of price the dealership were to give me if I "returned" it, more like Sell it back. I've put a little over 900 miles since I bought it. Thanks guys

-Tony

TLDR what is a '12 GT premium with 1,300 miles worth?
To quote a good friend of mine (Forest Gump),
Stupid is as Stupid Does.
Old 9/6/11, 06:44 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by jedikd
How's your credit? If you have good credit you can refinance usually for 3% up to 84 months. I usually wouldn't encourage loans that long, but since you're upside down anyways this may provide some breathing room with payments...
See if refinancing to a lower rate and longer term is possible for you. That way you can always pay extra each month for now to lower your balance, but aren't stuck with a higher payment every month in case you decide to move or make a job change in the future.

P.S. Keep the dog!

Last edited by IWantMyNewGT; 9/6/11 at 06:46 PM.