Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

MCA 50th ride

Search this Thread

Old 2/8/14, 04:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MCA 50th ride

Anyone planning on making the trek to Norman OK on 04/11 for the 50th celebration?

Asked the wifey, and she is up for the trip from Norman to either Vegas or Charlotte NC. My mouthed dropped when she said it sounded like fun

Last edited by woodzusa; 2/9/14 at 07:48 PM.
Old 2/8/14, 05:42 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by woodzusa
Anyone planning on making the trek to Norman OK on 04/16 for the 50th celebration?

Asked the wifey, and she is up for the trip from Norman to either Vegas or Charlotte NC. My mouthed dropped when she said it sounded like fun
Hey Brian, What do you mean trip from Norman? Is there a MCA charter their that's putting together a trip?

Last edited by Ajcruz1; 2/8/14 at 05:55 PM.
Old 2/8/14, 06:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Ajcruz1
Hey Brian, What do you mean trip from Norman? Is there a MCA charter their that's putting together a trip?
Hey AJ,

Here is the link.
http://www.mustang50thbirthdaycelebr...rivevegas.html
I did list the date wrong
It kicks off the 11th of April. On the 13th is when everyone departs to either Vegas or Charlotte.
Should be interesting.
Old 2/8/14, 06:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Lots of confusion on the pony drive. I'm with a group from New England area and a lot of people thought if they signed up for that they were automatically registered at the 50th show. Hope to see lots of people gathering in Ashville for the last leg to Charlotte. Supposed to be major coverage and maybe Guinness Book of world records. Can't believe my wife is excited as well. Sure to be a great time.
Old 2/8/14, 07:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by pminri
Lots of confusion on the pony drive. I'm with a group from New England area and a lot of people thought if they signed up for that they were automatically registered at the 50th show. Hope to see lots of people gathering in Ashville for the last leg to Charlotte. Supposed to be major coverage and maybe Guinness Book of world records. Can't believe my wife is excited as well. Sure to be a great time.
I was trying to understand that myself. So track days are $50. And registering is another $50 in which you get a t-shirt or something?
I'm just up for the caravan of 'stangs rolling out
Old 2/8/14, 07:30 PM
Cobra Member

I was trying to understand that myself. So track days are $50. And registering is another $50 in which you get a t-shirt or something? I'm just up for the caravan of 'stangs rolling out
Yea I would be too but sadly I will be out of the country until just before that week and if past experiences have taught me anything is that big blue won't have me back home when I scheduled to be, lol. So I don't want to book and end up missing it. I would love to make that drive with a whole bunch of different stangs tho.
Old 2/9/14, 10:08 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Anyone planning on making the trek to Norman OK on 04/16 for the 50th celebration? Asked the wifey, and she is up for the trip from Norman to either Vegas or Charlotte NC. My mouthed dropped when she said it sounded like fun
Yeah, the organization and details of this whole thing are mediocre at best. Amazing that for such a big org and event, they couldn't put together a better website. Anyway, if I was you, I'd go to Vegas via Route 66 out of Mustang, OK. That's what I was going to do until I realized it'd be about a 8 day trip - 2-3 days out, 2-3 there and 2-3 back. More I thought about it, the more I realized I'd rather go to Woodward Dream Cruise, Pebble Beach, 24 Hours of Daytona, The US Grand Prix or a bunch of other events. I love Mustangs, but I'd rather go to an event where there's more variety of cars. I think the actual drive part of the 50th will be more fun than the event itself.
Old 2/9/14, 10:26 AM
Bullitt Member

[QUOTE=kylerohde;6755917]Yeah, the organization and details of this whole thing are mediocre at best. Amazing that for such a big org and event, they couldn't put together a better website. Anyway, if I was you, I'd go to Vegas via Route 66 out of Mustang, OK. That's what I was going to do until I realized it'd be about a 8 day trip - 2-3 days out, 2-3 there and 2-3 back. More I thought about it, the more I realized I'd rather go to Woodward Dream Cruise, Pebble Beach, 24 Hours of Daytona, The US Grand Prix or a bunch of other events. I love Mustangs, but I'd rather go to an event where there's more variety of cars. I think the actual drive part of the 50th will be more fun than the event itself.[/QUOTE

I may just go half-way. I'm not sure I can take off that much work and not be screwed coming back and trying to play catch up.
Old 2/9/14, 04:34 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
I'm looking forward to the drive. I won't be on the one from Oklahoma but we're bound to run into a group or three of mustangs on our route.
Old 2/9/14, 05:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by kcoTiger
I'm looking forward to the drive. I won't be on the one from Oklahoma but we're bound to run into a group or three of mustangs on our route.
Which show are you headed to?
Old 2/10/14, 03:17 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

We're headed to Charlotte.
Old 2/10/14, 04:47 AM
Bullitt Member

Awesome!! Hope you get to be a part of the record books. :-)
Old 2/10/14, 04:56 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm doing the Mustangs Across America tour...from LA to Charlotte...7 day cruze with over 400 registered Mustangs so far. Should be a great time on the cruze and the MCA event at Charlotte.
Attached Thumbnails MCA 50th ride-image-641128168.jpg  
Old 2/10/14, 06:47 AM
Bullitt Member

That is going to be a blast for people in it and people driving by to see it!! Can't wait to see what this all looks like when it all comes together at both shows.
Old 2/10/14, 07:14 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Awesome!! Hope you get to be a part of the record books. :-)
I'm just looking forward to the drive. I'm a bit intimidated with potential traffic issues in Charlotte. That city is going to lock up hard with all the Mustangs on the road.
Old 2/10/14, 07:17 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Can't wait till Charlotte my little Focus will be lost in a sea of Mustangs
Old 2/10/14, 08:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
My dad and I are driving from Dallas to Charlotte (meeting up with the Pony Drive in Little Rock). Instead of taking the '14 GT, we thought we'd try it in the '65 coupe.

A bit scary to think a car that I've pretty much dis- and re-assembled will have to go 2,200+ miles round trip, but that's the plan!
Old 2/11/14, 05:11 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Varilux
My dad and I are driving from Dallas to Charlotte (meeting up with the Pony Drive in Little Rock). Instead of taking the '14 GT, we thought we'd try it in the '65 coupe.

A bit scary to think a car that I've pretty much dis- and re-assembled will have to go 2,200+ miles round trip, but that's the plan!
Well if you were going to break down it will be in the right spot to do it with thousands of mustang fanatics and parts vendors. Lol.
Old 2/11/14, 05:12 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by jerseygirl
Can't wait till Charlotte my little Focus will be lost in a sea of Mustangs
Doesn't matter, I'm sure it will be a rush no matter what car you are in. :-)
Old 2/11/14, 05:15 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Doesn't matter, I'm sure it will be a rush no matter what car you are in. :-)
Of course it will be a rush, personal vacation spent with awesome new people and Mustangs

Can't wait

Quick Reply: MCA 50th ride