Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

May 2011 Mustang Sales Figure

Search this Thread

Old 6/6/11, 09:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Whammer
I think the drop in sales is basically based upon the car isn't "new" anymore. Also the economy started to tank around the time that Mustang sales slipped.
My point to you was- the SUPERIOR IN EVERY WAY 2010+ Mustang had almost ZERO impact on Mustang sales. So obviously buyers don't really care.

Personally I think the 05-09's were just about perfect. I like the looks better and I even like the interior looks better. Had the 2010's come out as the 05 model I certainly would've bought one back then.
05 is more 67-68 style. And the 2010 is more 69-70 styled.
I'm a bigger fan of the 67-68 style and that probably influences my preference.
And the issues that some seem to have. Tranny, and who really knows what is holding up the Mustangs at the factory. Could be many problems. Add that together to your post and I think that about covers it.

I am waitting for some information from Ford regarding all these issues. As this will have a major impact on what I purchase in the near future. I would like them to be honest and in a timely mannor. Do not see that happening any time soon. Remember Ford, we are watching, their are other car companies out there...

By the way, I Love my 07 GT. Not one problem with it and I would expect my next Mustang be the same...
Old 6/6/11, 10:24 PM
Swamp Donkey Aficionado

I think the drop in sales is basically based upon the car isn't "new" anymore. Also the economy started to tank around the time that Mustang sales slipped.
My point to you was- the SUPERIOR IN EVERY WAY 2010+ Mustang had almost ZERO impact on Mustang sales. So obviously buyers don't really care.
I don't think there's enough data to definitively say consumers don't care that the current Mustang is vastly superior to the outgoing model (in my opinion). Just because it isn't beating the Camaro in sales isn't a correlative barometer, again, in my opinion. Given how many people have said to me stuff like, "I thought you got a new Mustang," I'm no longer surprised in the "average" person's inability to distinguish between the '05-'09 and the current model (this is the current 'Stang's problem as I see it -- it isn't different and fresh enough). Personally, I doubt the car-buying public know much, if anything, about the added refinement, soft-touch interior plastics, reduction in NVH, etc, and it has nothing to do with them caring -- at least, that's how I see it.

Personally I think the 05-09's were just about perfect. I like the looks better and I even like the interior looks better. Had the 2010's come out as the 05 model I certainly would've bought one back then.
05 is more 67-68 style. And the 2010 is more 69-70 styled.
I'm a bigger fan of the 67-68 style and that probably influences my preference.
I'll admit, '05-'09's with the GT500 front end look great!
Old 6/7/11, 04:44 AM
V6 Member

I could care less that Camaro is selling more. That doesn't make it a better car. As soon as I can afford it I'll trade my 98 stang and get a new mustang
Old 6/7/11, 08:56 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 94gt
No it wasn't at all! Dealers had 2011's all over the lots in the summer of 2010. Of the 3 major dealerships near me none have a 2012 mustang. There are 3 GT500's though and a Boss 302, but not one 5.0 or V-6. V-6's and 5.0 are needed on dealer lots as they far outsell Shelby's and Bosses for sales numbers.
What are you talking about? The 5.0 were hard to come by until late august\sept on lots. People that ordered them were still waiting on them just like now. Mine did not arrive until the first week of August. This time last year I drove 80 miles to test drive a 5.0 vert and when I got there they would not let it off the lot! They also refused to do xplan because they paid another dealer 2000 over invoice just to get it on the lott. That was Memorial day weekend 2010. So I am telling you from first hand knowledge...its nothing new.
Old 6/7/11, 11:19 AM
Team Mustang Source

There were 5.0's at most of the dealers near me all summer last year. I wouldn't have had to drive more than 10 miles to see one. There were V-6's all over dealer lots last June. This is not the case this year at all. Of the 4 dealer lots near me 1 has a new V-6 that just got in the other day. No one has a 5.0 and last year they all did. Bottom line is the pent up demand for a 5.0 is obviuosly over last year so it shouldn't effect them not being on dealer lots this year. For dealers not to have V-6's on their lots this time of year it is clearly a production issue.

I firmly believe this is an issue with production and that is why the June #'s are so low, unless for some odd reason dealers aren't ordering mustangs to put on thier lots which I find hard to believe in the late spring and summer of 2012

Last edited by 94gt; 6/7/11 at 11:25 AM.
Old 6/7/11, 03:10 PM
V6 Member

Does anybody have total production numbers for 2011 and year to date 2012
Old 6/7/11, 07:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 94gt
There were 5.0's at most of the dealers near me all summer last year. I wouldn't have had to drive more than 10 miles to see one. There were V-6's all over dealer lots last June. This is not the case this year at all. Of the 4 dealer lots near me 1 has a new V-6 that just got in the other day. No one has a 5.0 and last year they all did. Bottom line is the pent up demand for a 5.0 is obviuosly over last year so it shouldn't effect them not being on dealer lots this year. For dealers not to have V-6's on their lots this time of year it is clearly a production issue.

I firmly believe this is an issue with production and that is why the June #'s are so low, unless for some odd reason dealers aren't ordering mustangs to put on thier lots which I find hard to believe in the late spring and summer of 2012
Really? Look at threads on this very site from that time. I live in the DC area...not exactly a small populatiuon. Since the 2011 was introduced there has not been a huge inventory. Late summer there was some but never like pre 2011 levels.
Old 6/7/11, 07:25 PM
Team Mustang Source

5.0's in the Chicago area were not hard to come by last summer at all.
Old 6/8/11, 12:58 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Wpasko
Does anybody have total production numbers for 2011 and year to date 2012
Breakdown by Model – (Total 2011 Mustang Production – 68,650):

Mustang V6 coupe – 27,557
Mustang V6 convertible – 9,645
Mustang GT coupe – 21,296
Mustang GT convertible – 5,126
Shelby GT500 coupe – 4,094
Shelby GT500 convertible – 932

Breakdown by Paint Color :

Black – 17,410
Grabber Blue – 3103
Ingot Silver – 6316
Kona Blue Metallic – 9062
Performance White – 8086
Race Red – 8396
Red Candy Metallic – 7641
Sterling Gray – 8046
Yellow Blaze – 590

Sorry no 2012 yet
Old 6/8/11, 05:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yea I don't see this as a bad thing where I live there is a high volume Ford dealer and high volume chevy dealer right next to each other there are at least a dozen camaros in the chevy lot constantly the colors on them change when I drive by a few days later so they are selling them. The ford dealer maybe 4-5 stangs out of that 1-2 5.0's. And they usually don't last long and it usually takes a few weeks before you see anything new. Although he has a gray gt500 sitting outside since last summer......of course they are looking for over sticker but it still breaks my heart it just sits there, I would love to adopt it and give it a home. LOL!

The salesman I bought my car from says ford does not flood the dealerships anymore since that whole automotive industry buyout which of course ford didn't take. I live 15 miles north of NYC and you rarely see 5.0's actually you see more GT 500's!!!! And camaros are pretty much daily drivers they are all over the place!
Old 6/9/11, 10:57 AM

I see plenty of Mustangs, but hardly any 5.0s. I'm really a Mopar guy and would have bought a Challenger in a heartbeat if it was slightly smaller and had a slightly nicer interior. The Challenger to me is gorgeous, but it's just too big. I bought the Mustang for the features and performance bang for the buck. I didn't even consider a Camaro.

When my brother bought his Challenger, everyone gawked at it and praised at how good it looks (even though they had no idea what it was). Here was a conversation I had when I bought my Mustang:

Friend: Did you get a new car?
Me: Yeah
Friend: Is it just a Mustang?
Old 6/9/11, 12:08 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Interesting article about the vert pumping sales:

Chevrolet's All-Conquering Camaro Convertible

By Gary Gastelu
Published June 09, 2011
| FoxNews.com

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2011/...#ixzz1OnsYSFLv