Sponsored By:

Magnum T56 swap kit for the 3.7 Mustang is now a reality

Search this Thread

Old 10/30/13, 11:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bucko
I was refering to this.
Because I drive this car hard and I can tell you the MT-82 was the biggest POS they could have put in this car, the 6R80 on the other had was a home run.

I wouldn't expect a person with the ideal transmission to understand, in his words "WHY" we(MT-82 owners) would like options to change to a stronger design.

Not that I HAD to explain myself since this is a open and public forum and I can post as I wish, but I hope this makes sense.
Old 10/30/13, 06:10 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TheReaper
Seems like a waste of money to me. There's plenty of 5.0 MT-82's running over 650 HP.
I see a lot of "why's" going around or "waste of money". Granted, opinions are like @ssholes, everyone has one. But you have to look at modifying as a challenge or a goal. Once you attain it, then you want more...it is called being human. It is just like the movie called JAWS..."we're going to need a bigger boat!". What happened...he got a bigger boat to go after the challenge.

So we try things, they don't work out and we learn. We go on. We waste money, but if we learn we don't waste on it again or we help someone else by saying that maybe it is a waste of money and it can be helpful. But it would be even better to offer a solution to go with the issue at hand. To say something is a POS without a better solution is not the best constructive criticism.

So, if I asked about a new double clutch for my '14 GT I would assume people would say, Spec, RAM, Centerforce, McLeod RXT, RST...and a good reason why, instead of if I chose Centerforce and someone said "waste of money", but what is better would be a better answer.
Old 10/30/13, 07:19 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by RubyTuesday2014
I see a lot of "why's" going around or "waste of money". Granted, opinions are like @ssholes, everyone has one. But you have to look at modifying as a challenge or a goal. Once you attain it, then you want more...it is called being human. It is just like the movie called JAWS..."we're going to need a bigger boat!". What happened...he got a bigger boat to go after the challenge.

So we try things, they don't work out and we learn. We go on. We waste money, but if we learn we don't waste on it again or we help someone else by saying that maybe it is a waste of money and it can be helpful. But it would be even better to offer a solution to go with the issue at hand. To say something is a POS without a better solution is not the best constructive criticism.

So, if I asked about a new double clutch for my '14 GT I would assume people would say, Spec, RAM, Centerforce, McLeod RXT, RST...and a good reason why, instead of if I chose Centerforce and someone said "waste of money", but what is better would be a better answer.
I'm not saying the MT-82 is a POS. I'm saying not to many GT guys on this site will ever see 650 hp and I doubt any 3.7 guys will ever get close to that number. If the OP thinks it's an important subject then let's let it go at that. I just wanted to know why and maybe if someone is turboing or supercharging a 3.7 and reads this thread then all is good.

Last edited by TheReaper; 10/30/13 at 07:26 PM.
Old 10/31/13, 06:39 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not saying the MT-82 is a POS. I'm saying not to many GT guys on this site will ever see 650 hp and I doubt any 3.7 guys will ever get close to that number. If the OP thinks it's an important subject then let's let it go at that. I just wanted to know why and maybe if someone is turboing or supercharging a 3.7 and reads this thread then all is good.
No, I know you weren't calling the MT82 a POS, that was not my point. The meaning was someone saying something without at least some alternative(which is constructive criticism) to look at instead of just saying POS, or waste of money, or it's junk...whatever.

But to speak on the MT-82 vs the T56...a car can be made faster with gearing in the tranny and rear end without touching HP and some(myself included) have thought about the T56, maybe a SPEC clutch and Carbon Fiber shaft. I think that would be a nice combo
Old 11/2/13, 10:01 AM
Legacy TMS Member Moderator

Received 531 Likes on 231 Posts
That's why I got an auto.
I wish you Matero (sp?) fanboys would give it a rest.
Old 11/2/13, 11:08 AM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
It seems that someone misses Matero.
Old 11/2/13, 12:11 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Some pics from the install: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3029668&type=1

Facebook feature on it: https://www.facebook.com/v6mustangpe...nce?ref=stream

Last edited by Ltngdrvr; 11/2/13 at 12:20 PM.