Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014 GT TP: Ye Old Rear Creak

Search this Thread

Old 11/2/13, 12:32 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 GT TP: Ye Old Rear Creak

I've read every thread of this sort across the internet over the last four days, yet I feel compelled to add my own clutter to the ol' interwebs. Here's the run down:

Location of noise: Passenger rear

What's on the rear of the car? Whiteline panhard bar and brace/LCAs/UCA (revised)/and LCA relo brackets, Steeda Sports + Koni Str.ts. Parts have been on the car for about a year with no noise until 2 months ago.

Provoked by: Suspension movement in general, but especially over speed bumps, ramps, and other irregularities.

What others have said: rear deck lid/seal noise; top strut mount over/under tightened; Swaybar/end link bushings; muffler hangar; unruly trunk monkey

What I observed: Noise present with rear deck lid fully opened; noise not apparent when bouncing the rear end; no noise apparent when trying to move the sway bar or the end link.

I'm not sure what's going on here and I'm sure that my manly arms aren't enough to recreate the actual forces exerted on the suspension while traveling, but is there anything else I should be checking?

Kinda bummed! Of all the cars I've owned over my lifetime, this is the first that's been this noisy - and let's get crazy and disclose that among those are a 1984 Nissan Pulsar, 87 T-bird Turbo Coupe, several MR2s, a S2000, and many others! This is my first new car. Bummerelli.
Old 11/2/13, 10:18 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
I had a creek in my car and it ended up being that the steeda lcas I had were not sufficiently lubed on the inside of the bushing were the bushings contact the inside of the lca. I believe you have white line lcas that don't require grease. I don't know if that is the issue but good luck. I went nuts for a month looking for the noise.
Old 11/2/13, 10:30 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Mr. V
I had a creek in my car and it ended up being that the steeda lcas I had were not sufficiently lubed on the inside of the bushing were the bushings contact the inside of the lca. I believe you have white line lcas that don't require grease. I don't know if that is the issue but good luck. I went nuts for a month looking for the noise.
Thanks man. It could be so many things lol.
Old 11/2/13, 04:18 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Try hitting things on the rear suspension and see if anything makes the same noise. Sounds low tech but that is how I found the end links to be making noise. Heavily greased them and it went away.
Old 11/2/13, 05:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Brandon302
Try hitting things on the rear suspension and see if anything makes the same noise. Sounds low tech but that is how I found the end links to be making noise. Heavily greased them and it went away.
Thanks brother I'll give it a go. Some bastards stole my **** race ramps from my parking garage a few months ago. Would be perfect for this. I believe the only oem bushings left back there are the sways and end links.