2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Livernois' 93 Octane Tune is amazing!

Search this Thread

Old 2/18/11, 03:47 PM
Swamp Donkey Aficionado

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Livernois' 93 Octane Tune is amazing!

I uploaded my Livernois 93 octane tune last night and all I can say is WOW, what a change! This is the way the 5.0's should have come stock. The difference in throttle response with this tune when compared to stock is like night and day. I am more than happy with what Rick and the rest of the crew at Livernois have provided me.

Oh, and Rick LeBlanc was great to deal with. He answered every question I fired at him, and put my order together on a Saturday. I had my tuner within two days of ordering it and, once they had the information they needed from my car, I had my tune the very next morning. I will definitely be buying from Livernois again!
Old 2/18/11, 03:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Man I want a CAI and tune so bad I am just scared of needing engine warranty work and getting denied cause of it
Old 2/18/11, 04:03 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rick is definitely a great guy to work with. I'm guessing your tune was loaded on an SCT tuner? What was the cost on all this?
Old 2/18/11, 04:04 PM
Swamp Donkey Aficionado

Originally Posted by Grifftech
Man I want a CAI and tune so bad I am just scared of needing engine warranty work and getting denied cause of it
A dealership won't necessarily deny a warranty claim due to minor modifications such as the ones you mention. If need be, though, you could always rip the aftermarket CAI off and plug the OEM tune back in.
Old 2/18/11, 04:35 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by MARZ

A dealership won't necessarily deny a warranty claim due to minor modifications such as the ones you mention. If need be, though, you could always rip the aftermarket CAI off and plug the OEM tune back in.
Not with these cars anymore. Spoke to my service manager at my local ford. The newer stangs have a code that flashes when a tuner has been plugged into the computer data system. Even if u flash it back to stock, it deletes the original stock to make a "copy" of the stock tune. They will find out that it is a copy and not the original.
Old 2/19/11, 06:31 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 125 Likes on 101 Posts
Happy you like your tune MARZ.
Old 2/19/11, 10:10 AM
Swamp Donkey Aficionado

Originally Posted by David Young
Happy you like your tune MARZ.
Thanks for your help in me finding my strategy code, David.
Old 2/19/11, 06:07 PM

Anytime
Once you have a tune, its so depressing when you have to re-install the factory tune. I've been running the factory tune for a week waiting for a part to come in. My drivers side 'MUSTANG' is a crap green color while everything else is a nice blue color. They called me today telling me the part is in. Tuesday morning it will be fixed and as soon as i get home i'll put my Steeda tune in
Old 2/21/11, 09:38 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by David Young
Anytime
Once you have a tune, its so depressing when you have to re-install the factory tune. I've been running the factory tune for a week waiting for a part to come in. My drivers side 'MUSTANG' is a crap green color while everything else is a nice blue color. They called me today telling me the part is in. Tuesday morning it will be fixed and as soon as i get home i'll put my Steeda tune in
LOL, if hot-rodding was easy, everyone would do it! Way to persevere!
Old 2/21/11, 04:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Rick is awesome!

He gave me a tour of Livernois Motorsports and started up his 2011 just so I can listen to his exhaust setup!
Old 2/22/11, 12:40 AM

Nice

Do you have an auto or stick? I hear tunes make a world of difference in automatic transmissions due to remapping of shift points, shift hardness, throttle response, etc.

On the manual, it's still great. My BAMA tunes actually did help with shifting (less rev hang so it drops quicker when clutch is depressed)
Old 2/22/11, 01:31 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by DaSFGiants4Life

Not with these cars anymore. Spoke to my service manager at my local ford. The newer stangs have a code that flashes when a tuner has been plugged into the computer data system. Even if u flash it back to stock, it deletes the original stock to make a "copy" of the stock tune. They will find out that it is a copy and not the original.
Very true! They can tell right away that the car has a different tune and ull be lucky if your dealer will do warranty work on the motor once the know the tune has been altered.
Old 2/22/11, 05:36 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by DaSFGiants4Life
Originally Posted by Daddyd666
Very true! They can tell right away that the car has a different tune and ull be lucky if your dealer will do warranty work on the motor once the know the tune has been altered.
Just to clarify fellas:

Originally Posted by Tucker
Sounds like your dealer handed you a load of crap and you excepted it.

The dealer can not tell what CAI, what tune, what octane rating the tune was for or what the tune did to your computer.

All they can tell is that the computer has been cleared at some point and they will assume you had a tune in it.
You can clear the computer by clearing a CEL at your local auto parts store for ... say.. a loose gas cap or anything simple.

If your dealer says you must have had a JLT CAI and BBR tune rated for 100 octane race gas, call their bluff

They also need to proce the A/M part on your car was the cause of your problem.

We tell everyone who asks, to contact your dealer and ask them how they feel about mods like this.
I have not had a single call from a customer who had a issue and we also have several Ford dealers as JLT dealers. They install them for the customers right there.
Old 2/22/11, 06:25 AM

I had my dealer re-flash my computer last week. I had returned it back to stock before i went there. They did the re-flash and didn't say anything to me about the 'tune' i had removed a few hours before.

So.....If your dealer were to says anything, all you have to say is i had a 'gas door opened' code removed by my local parts store? Right?
Old 2/22/11, 04:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Overboost

Just to clarify fellas:
Get over yourself overboost! Ou think Tucker knows everything and he is some kind of god??? If your dealer finds out you modified your tune ( which they can very easily) and there is the slightest chance it could have caused a problem, your factory warranty is void! End of story in Canada! That's why it's called" factory warranty" and the cai and race tune is far from factory! Make sense "troll" ??
Old 2/22/11, 04:26 PM
Cobra Member

Sounds like someone is gunning for a re-ban...
Old 2/22/11, 04:44 PM
GTR Member

Get over yourself overboost! Ou think Tucker knows everything and he is some kind of god??? If your dealer finds out you modified your tune ( which they can very easily) and there is the slightest chance it could have caused a problem, your factory warranty is void! End of story in Canada! That's why it's called" factory warranty" and the cai and race tune is far from factory! Make sense "troll" ??
Old 2/22/11, 05:11 PM
Swamp Donkey Aficionado

Originally Posted by JimmyM
Nice

Do you have an auto or stick? I hear tunes make a world of difference in automatic transmissions due to remapping of shift points, shift hardness, throttle response, etc.

On the manual, it's still great. My BAMA tunes actually did help with shifting (less rev hang so it drops quicker when clutch is depressed)
Hey, Jimmy, I have a manual transmission. As you stated, the new tune has made the car much easier to drive in that there's far less RPM dropoff in between shifts. The throttle response is great, too.
Old 2/22/11, 05:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Overboost
Why would I get banned? I not as rude as you are. I only call you a "troll" cause you called me that like 5 times.....
Old 2/22/11, 07:58 PM
Swamp Donkey Aficionado

Get over yourself overboost!
Come on, man, really?

You [sic] think Tucker knows everything and he is some kind of god???
Tucker is a part of JLT, the makers of the pretty popular JLT intake. I believe he's got some tuning experience, too. While I won't say he's a "god," per se, I will say that he is who he is and you are... well, you're you.

If your dealer finds out you modified your tune ( which they can very easily) and there is the slightest chance it could have caused a problem, your factory warranty is void! End of story in Canada! That's why it's called" factory warranty" and the cai and race tune is far from factory! Make sense "troll" ??
While this may have been your experience, it doesn't necessarily represent what'll happen in every case; acting as such makes you come across as very arrogant, in my opinion. There are those posting here who have run tunes, flashed their cars back to stock, and have taken said car to dealer with nary a mention of an aftermarket tune whatsoever. I guess I'll worry about it if and when the time comes. In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy my new-found power!