Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

A little tired of the harassment on the road...

Search this Thread

Old 9/14/15, 07:46 PM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I drive this. I don't really have this problem. A couple of Porsche 911s looked interested but wisely backed down.

Old 9/14/15, 07:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Haha I love it!
Old 9/14/15, 08:03 PM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by TripleBlack14
Mr. Snotnose kid pulls up at a light next to me in daddy's BMW or some clapped out tuner with an ironing board wing and coffee can muffler tips....he revs his engine and makes "let's see what you can do" eye contact.

I rev my mighty Coyote, get some gurgling out of my GT500 axlebacks, make eye contact with him....I fiddle with my shifter, glance at the cross-light as if I'm timing when the yellow turns red and for when my light goes green. Mr. Snotnose sees me assuming the position and gets a boner now, figuring the race is on.

Our light turns green....he screams off in first or low gear while I proceed slowly and normally, and I let him beat me by a country mile. He ends up looking like a friggin' moron, and usually flips me the bird at the next light.

Like I give a crap.
Good stuff. Just ignore the morons on the road and your life will be much happier.
Old 9/14/15, 08:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe someone else from NJ can chime in. It is the land of luxury sedans. I swear every 5th car I see on the highway is an A4. Mustangs are few and far between let alone a 5.0 or even a Shelby. I have never seen a Boss 302 on the road. I've had my car over 2 years and have maybe seen 5 Shelbys in that time... Probably on their way to a car show. I even have scions and BRZ's try to get me to take a bite. It's not like the old fox body days... I really don't think a lot of people in my area know what a 5.0 is or even care.

Last edited by Last1; 9/15/15 at 04:05 AM.
Old 9/15/15, 06:17 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
When someone revs up on I usually floor it and get going as fast as I can. That way they are behind me and I don't have to deal with them anymore. I won't go past like 120 on the street tho for safety reasons
Old 9/15/15, 06:41 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,155 Likes on 843 Posts
Originally Posted by Glenn
When someone revs up on I usually floor it and get going as fast as I can. That way they are behind me and I don't have to deal with them anymore. I won't go past like 120 on the street tho for safety reasons

That's a good, safe speed to keep it under
Old 9/15/15, 10:14 AM
Cobra Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by TripleBlack14
God, that sounds like the end of the world, the Visigoths sacking Rome, Patton's tanks rolling over the *****, Apollo 11 at lift-off, Mount St. Helens erupting........

Every time there's an earthquake in Texas, the USGS calls me to make sure it wasn't me starting my car before reporting it.
Old 9/15/15, 10:16 AM
Cobra Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Safety first, I always say.
Old 9/15/15, 10:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Last1
Maybe someone else from NJ can chime in. It is the land of luxury sedans. I swear every 5th car I see on the highway is an A4. Mustangs are few and far between let alone a 5.0 or even a Shelby. I have never seen a Boss 302 on the road. I've had my car over 2 years and have maybe seen 5 Shelbys in that time... Probably on their way to a car show. I even have scions and BRZ's try to get me to take a bite. It's not like the old fox body days... I really don't think a lot of people in my area know what a 5.0 is or even care.

I drive the Garden State Parkway for 30 miles each way everyday and I concur. Seems like all I see is those 4 rings in my rear view mirrorand very few Mustangs. Its wall to wall SUV’s. Racing is not much of an optionsince in rush hour traffic I am lucky to get out of 3rd gear. Thoughthat doesn’t stop some from trying to get me to bite.
Old 9/16/15, 12:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by UOP Shadow
I drive this. I don't really have this problem. A couple of Porsche 911s looked interested but wisely backed down.
If you're a decent driver you have little to worry about. Lol.
I've stomped on 2 different 2013/14 GT500's with my 2010 GT500 and last time at the track my wife's 5.0 convertible was running faster times than a 14 GT500 convertible that was running drag radials.
I've seen quite a few GT500's and supercharged 5.0's have a tough time getting moving from a dig. I know I really have to focus to get a good launch.
I've found that carrying a big stick isn't much use if you don't know how to swing it.
Old 9/16/15, 01:58 PM
V6 Member

I would have to agree....used to live in nj...visit yearly....(can't wait to get up there for some cool weather next month!) But I would have to say 90% of the cars I see on the road there are mercedes, jags, escalades, audis and beamers. I do see very few stangs while I am there....at least there will be one more on the road there next month!

Last edited by Kefka21; 9/16/15 at 01:59 PM.
Old 9/16/15, 03:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Look what happened this time around...

Look what happened when someone decided to pull this stuff off, against this challenger. LOL!

Last edited by Mrsuitcase; 9/16/15 at 03:19 PM.
Old 9/16/15, 06:34 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,155 Likes on 843 Posts
That had to suck.
Old 9/16/15, 08:10 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
A little tired of the harassment on the road...

Originally Posted by Mrsuitcase
Look what happened when someone decided to pull this stuff off, against this challenger. LOL!

That's the new YouTube sensation. The RT didn't want it guy. Lol. It's all over Instagram too. Allegedly the dude said he didn't get a ticket. Obviously he's just lying to say that.
Old 9/17/15, 04:37 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
WOAH there buddy!!! Be careful posting stuff like that on here before the safety patrol from previous pages on this thread come back with their pitchforks and panties in a wad.
Old 9/17/15, 06:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

Been in NJ my whole life and I see mustangs once in a while. Mostly V6s, an occasional GT and on rare occasions Shelbys. Only once has someone tried to play with me. Some asshat in a 2 door Mercedes was driving like an idiot on the parkway. He slowed down abruptly to line up next to me and looked over. He was tapping on the gas waiting to see if I would play. I didn't want to since he looked and drove like a douchebag. I shook my head at him and he sped off.
Old 9/17/15, 08:00 AM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by Dfink114
Been in NJ my whole life and I see mustangs once in a while. Mostly V6s, an occasional GT and on rare occasions Shelbys. Only once has someone tried to play with me. Some asshat in a 2 door Mercedes was driving like an idiot on the parkway. He slowed down abruptly to line up next to me and looked over. He was tapping on the gas waiting to see if I would play. I didn't want to since he looked and drove like a douchebag. I shook my head at him and he sped off.
There seems to be a pretty fair number of Mustangs in my area of NJ, many of them GT's. Almost everyone in my club has a GT as well. But I'm also within shouting distance of five major highways including interstates 80 and 287 and I travel those roads often, so the law of large numbers means more frequent sightings.

MB and BMW drivers seem to be the worst driving offenders. My guess is that the vast majority of these cars are leased and the driver just turns it in and gets a new one. It's especially true of MB's due to their high cost and abysmal depreciation. Hardly anyone "owns" a new Benz.
Old 9/17/15, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by MADSCOTSMAN
WOAH there buddy!!! Be careful posting stuff like that on here before the safety patrol from previous pages on this thread come back with their pitchforks and panties in a wad.

I am not bothered in the least by your petulant little mocking and insults. If you want to kill yourself driving dangerously, go ahead, I really don’t care. In my past career I worked in medicine and have been in the ER many times with blood all over me from patients who chose to drive like this. I left medicine and now I am a successful attorney. If you or others injure or harm me or any of my friends and family due to this dangerous and negligent operation of a car on public roads, I will file charges against you, you will serve prison time and I will sue you for everything you’re worth. I’ve heard a lot of “I’m so sorry, I never meant to hurt them” in the court as the judge is passing sentence on comedians just like you. Have fun in prison, but of course this would never happen to you…only other people, right? Have a nice day.

Last edited by smrbrz; 9/17/15 at 10:03 AM.
Old 9/17/15, 10:10 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 9/17/15, 10:18 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Pass some of that popcorn my way... whoa.

Quick Reply: A little tired of the harassment on the road...