Search this Thread

Old 9/16/18, 12:07 AM
GT Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Luck.
Old 10/3/18, 11:47 AM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
Info trip coming up next week. Trying to secure housing, day care, permits etc. I will snap some photos and update the thread when I return.
Old 10/9/18, 09:52 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER
Info trip coming up next week. Trying to secure housing, day care, permits etc. I will snap some photos and update the thread when I return.
Marty - how's the trip going? Did you sell/trade the Pony yet?
Old 10/14/18, 08:54 AM
Banned

Ok, back from info trip. It was a hectic week, not just because of all the appointments and running around, but also because all 3 of us were living in a little hotel room for a week.

Lots of success, I secured a house, we signed our daughter up for a kindergarden 10 minutes walk from our house, signed contracts and all that good stuff. We will be living in a small city/village about 30 kilometers north of Stuttgart. In the middle of wine country. We did have some time to visit friends, explore the are and even visit Oktoberfest in Stutgart, which is called the Wasen. And I had the most French car ever, a Citroen C4. It was entertaining for a first day or so, then it just became too French for my taste. Anyway, here are a few pictures of the are we will reside in.

There are 2 people from here interested in the Pony. Have not sold it yet, but we will see how it goes.

Old 10/15/18, 05:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 144 Likes on 109 Posts
Very nice. I hope to visit there again some day. I love the vineyards. Do you speak German?
Old 10/16/18, 07:43 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,502 Likes on 1,026 Posts
Originally Posted by Rog13GTCS
. . . Do you speak German?
if not, he will soon, nothing like "immersion therapy" ;-)

the area looks beautiful, very european, what an awesome experience for the whole family!
Old 10/16/18, 12:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rog13GTCS
Very nice. I hope to visit there again some day. I love the vineyards. Do you speak German?
Originally Posted by Bert
if not, he will soon, nothing like "immersion therapy" ;-)

the area looks beautiful, very european, what an awesome experience for the whole family!
yup, what Burt said. I’m working on it but I have a long way to go!

if you guys are ever In the area let me know.
Old 10/17/18, 02:15 PM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,979 Likes on 1,603 Posts
Very awesome pics Marty. All in all, you and your family are so fortunate for getting such an opportunity to experience living in Germany and enjoying a new way of life along with learning a new culture as well. In the meantime, hope you'll enjoy every single precious moment and wish you nothing but the very best
Old 10/17/18, 07:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
Very awesome pics Marty. All in all, you and your family are so fortunate for getting such an opportunity to experience living in Germany and enjoying a new way of life along with learning a new culture as well. In the meantime, hope you'll enjoy every single precious moment and wish you nothing but the very best
Hey Rocky, thanks bud! How have you been? Long time no talk my friend. I hope all is well on your side. How did the new tires affect the ride by the way?
Old 10/18/18, 04:28 AM
I Have No Life

Hey Rocky, thanks bud! How have you been? Long time no talk my friend. I hope all is well on your side. How did the new tires affect the ride by the way?
Marty - excellent news on the living arrangements. Living there is a great opportunity, once in a lifetime, that most of us will never even get to taste. Enjoy it. Live it. Breathe it.

As for the Pony - what do you mean by someone “there”? That would mean you’d have to pay all the fees to transport it there right? Plus the fees they’d have to pay to convert? Ideal is still sell it here, or worst, sell to a place like Carmax and take the hit?
Old 10/18/18, 02:22 PM

Hey there Marty. I've been doing ok, been busy with having the ring "n" pinion gears changed from 4:10 to 3:55 getting set up right. Needless to say, I had to take the car to another shop to get a second opinion as to what is causing the gear whine noises thanks to the shop that originally did the ring 'n" pinion swap and more than likely they weren't set up properly? So that's pretty much the reason I haven't been on here in quite a while. As for the new tires? they did improve the ride quality enough to where I can at least deal with the stiffness of the Eibach Pro Springs and Koni yellows a bit better than with the 20" tires that were previously on the Mustang. Anyway, hope everything is well on your side as well and will keep in touch my friend

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 10/19/18 at 03:47 PM.
Old 10/21/18, 02:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
Hey there Marty. I've been doing ok, been busy with having the ring "n" pinion gears changed from 4:10 to 3:55 getting set up right. Needless to say, I had to take the car to another shop to get a second opinion as to what is causing the gear whine noises thanks to the shop that originally did the ring 'n" pinion swap and more than likely they weren't set up properly? So that's pretty much the reason I haven't been on here in quite a while. As for the new tires? they did improve the ride quality enough to where I can at least deal with the stiffness of the Eibach Pro Springs and Koni yellows a bit better than with the 20" tires that were previously on the Mustang. Anyway, hope everything is well on your side as well and will keep in touch my friend
Hey Rocky, glad the tires helped. I did not know you were swapping final drive gears. 4.10 is aggressive! 3.55 should help in overall drive-ability for daily use. Good luck with the swap and I hope she is back to purring like new! All the best my friend and I'll talk to you soon.
Old 10/22/18, 05:00 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,502 Likes on 1,026 Posts
here is your first German lesson:

Old 10/22/18, 06:48 PM
Banned

That's EXACTLY how I feel about German right now! Thanks Bert, it was a good lough! And I love how every time they go to him his beer is lower and lower.

Last edited by 5.M0NSTER; 10/22/18 at 06:49 PM.
Old 10/23/18, 09:20 AM
Banned

Alright friends, I sold the Mustang today. To someone from this forum actually. So I think I found a good home for it. Guy is a fellow gear head and able to appreciate the car in a major way. So all the best to the new owner, and long live S197.
Old 10/23/18, 01:29 PM

Hey Rocky, glad the tires helped. I did not know you were swapping final drive gears. 4.10 is aggressive! 3.55 should help in overall drive-ability for daily use. Good luck with the swap and I hope she is back to purring like new! All the best my friend and I'll talk to you soon.
Hey Marty, actually It wasn't my original intention until after a couple of friends of mine convinced me of doing the swap for the overall driveability advantages. Also, as you mentioned 4:10 gears are really aggressive, especially for a mostly driven street car anyhow.

Alright friends, I sold the Mustang today. To someone from this forum actually. So I think I found a good home for it. Guy is a fellow gear head and able to appreciate the car in a major way. So all the best to the new owner, and long live S197.
I'm sure it's been bittersweet having to part with your Mustang, Marty, but at least now you know you've found a good home for it from a fellow gear-head who's also from this forum that will both appreciate and take very good care of it much in the very same way as you have. That being said, you can at least rest easier now knowing that your Mustang will be in very good hands with the new owner
Old 10/23/18, 07:20 PM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,088 Likes on 788 Posts
Originally Posted by Bert
here is your first German lesson:
Wow never realized that German was such an complicated angry language.
Old 10/24/18, 12:57 PM
I Have No Life

wow... congrats buddy! Who bought it?!?!?! If he is a forum guy, then he should chime in here.
Old 10/24/18, 05:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi everyone, I'm the one who bought Marty's mustang. Flew out to Michigan yesterday and took the long ~9 hour drive back to New Jersey. Car performed flawlessly, was a much better highway cruiser than I expected. Hoping for a couple more 50-60 degree days out here so I can really enjoy it. Really looking forward to getting to enjoy the car and spend some time here learning from the fellow mustang community
Old 10/24/18, 08:02 PM
Banned

Yup, Joe is the proud new owner of a thinly veiled (yet comfortable) pocket rocket. Drive it in deep Joe, and you don't have to hope it will stick, because it will. I made **** sure of that. You will be blown away by the road holding ability of this car when ambient temps are over 65. This community is great too, lots of knowledge and experiences. Someone has the answers usually

So the search for the Autobahn cruiser and Nurbergring conqueror continues. Still split among C63, M3 and Audi RS5. Until that is settled this is my current chariot. It handles like a small container ship, it stops eventually and it can easily reach 62mph next week.

Last edited by 5.M0NSTER; 10/24/18 at 08:07 PM.

Quick Reply: Likely moving to Germany ... need some advice