2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Just a thought......

Search this Thread

Old 9/30/08, 06:07 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Seems like the appropriate time to state something I've been wondering. Has anybody else considered the possibility that the blacked out grille surround is an option rather than a standard feature. It would seem to be a rather quick and simple way to offer folks the ability to personalize their car just that little bit more. Perhaps you can simply choose you GT's schnoz with or without warpaint, sorta like the new Falcon.

Last edited by jsaylor; 9/30/08 at 06:21 PM.
Old 9/30/08, 06:44 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by jsaylor
Seems like the appropriate time to state something I've been wondering. Has anybody else considered the possibility that the blacked out grille surround is an option rather than a standard feature. It would seem to be a rather quick and simple way to offer folks the ability to personalize their car just that little bit more. Perhaps you can simply choose you GT's schnoz with or without warpaint, sorta like the new Falcon.
Not that I am necessarily of fan of the idea, but, maybe it is a carbon fiber option. Can anybody tell in any of the pics. I'm getting here (to the 2010 forum) kinda late. I am just now starting to follow the 2010.

I had a blast following the 2005 from the very first rumors to buying my own. I envy those of you that are doing the same thing for your very own 2010.
Old 9/30/08, 09:03 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seems like the appropriate time to state something I've been wondering. Has anybody else considered the possibility that the blacked out grille surround is an option rather than a standard feature.
Yep:

Originally Posted by Moosetang
I hope the blackouts make it to production, be it as the GT or just an option, because IMO it gives the front a really cool look.
================================================== =================
It would seem to be a rather quick and simple way to offer folks the ability to personalize their car just that little bit more. Perhaps you can simply choose you GT's schnoz with or without warpaint, sorta like the new Falcon.
Very possible, personally I was wondering if they could go for a satin-finish or matte-black blackout, which IMO would be an improvement over just regular black paint.
Old 10/1/08, 06:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

Yep:

================================================== =================

Very possible, personally I was wondering if they could go for a satin-finish or matte-black blackout, which IMO would be an improvement over just regular black paint.
Maybe its the front end treatment of a possible Boss or Mach 1 version?
Old 10/1/08, 01:49 PM
Team Mustang Source

Yep: Very possible, personally I was wondering if they could go for a satin-finish or matte-black blackout, which IMO would be an improvement over just regular black paint.
Ah, should have seen that...... I agree, a satin or matte finish would be much better than than a run of the mill, shiny black surface. If this is an option I'm curious to see the car with and without.
Old 10/1/08, 01:57 PM
Cobra Member

I hope the GT blackout trim is an option. I'll have to wait until I see better pics (or see it in person), but right now I'm not a huge fan of it.
Old 10/2/08, 10:15 AM

I'm still on the fence about it too. It could be really cool. But just as was said before, it's always better as an option.
Old 10/2/08, 11:55 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

It IS an option, you can always get a V6 or Shelby instead.
Old 10/2/08, 12:52 PM
Cobra Member

Riiiight. I hope it's an option for anyone considering purchasing a GT.
Old 10/2/08, 12:57 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If its not an option, I'm hoping my dealer won't charge that much to paint it...
Old 10/3/08, 12:42 PM
V6 Member

The grill in this week's "tease" photo does seem to show some color running across the middle. Can't be 100% sure that it isn't just photo glare considering the amber color. Perhaps it's just not as noticeable in the first pic because of the body color, or that it is so far back in the pack??
Attached Thumbnails Just a thought......-headlight.jpg  
Old 10/3/08, 12:46 PM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Smile

The grille is blacked out on the GT. From Ford's press release......

A sportier, more-aggressive front grille and fascia lead the 2010 Mustang down the road. Slimmer headlamps that integrate the turn indicators are incorporated in a larger grille that expresses power and performance. Large twin fog lamps on the GT model further emphasize Mustang’s muscle-car DNA, which takes on a stealthy persona for the GT with dark headlamp bezels and grille surrounds. Also on the GT, the pony badge is finished in dark chrome for the first time. The pony itself received a makeover and is a more chiseled and defined interpretation of the American icon, galloping proudly on the front grille.

“We want people to unequivocally know this is a Mustang when they see it,” said Douglas Gaffka, Chief Designer, 2010 Mustang. “The stronger, more-muscular front end of the 2010 Mustang does just that.”

Brute strength can be beautiful as well, however. The sculpted, flowing lines convey style and grace as well as raw power, underscoring Mustang’s continuing mantra of Fast, Fun and Affordable.

“The 2010 Mustang has a sculpted, crafted look,” said George Saridakis, Design Manager, 2010 Mustang. “The flowing lines are in keeping with Mustang’s heritage and DNA. It conveys the sense and attitude of power and performance.”
Old 10/3/08, 03:37 PM
Bullitt Member

So there it is!!! Hopefully well still get an option, still on the fence as well.
Old 10/3/08, 11:08 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 10/11/08, 09:29 AM
Cobra Member

The V6 looks very good.