Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Just test drove a 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 6/25/10, 11:11 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just test drove a 5.0

So I just got back from Ted Brit Ford in Chantilly, VA where I drove a Manual 5.0 with 3.31's.. All I can say is **** I loved it.. It's an improvement in every way over my current 06 Gt Vert. The 5.0 seems mildly docile under 3k rpm's but the second I pushed it slightly it really came to life. I initially wanted to wait till next summer and decide then between a 2010-2011 GT 500 or possibly a boss but I think I would be very satisfied with a 5.0.. Decisions decisions..
Old 6/25/10, 11:15 AM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I finally went WOT a couple times on freeway on ramps and boy this car is deceptively fast!!

But it behaves when you want it to so I might let my Mom drive it. I'm still too scared to turn the TCS off though ...
Old 6/25/10, 11:16 AM
Bullitt Member

get it.
Old 6/25/10, 11:18 AM
V6 Member

If the dealer can find the exact setup I want I may just buy it.. If not I'll just keep saving(made my last car payment on my 06 2 days ago ). Leave it up to fate now lol.
Old 6/25/10, 11:18 AM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by stangfoeva

I finally went WOT a couple times on freeway on ramps and boy this car is deceptively fast!!

But it behaves when you want it to so I might let my Mom drive it. I'm still too scared to turn the TCS off though ...
I hear that, I got caught behind a 18 wheeler on ramp the other day, it was the first time I went wot. I went from 15 to about 90 from the time it took to swing a lane over, and get about 50ft infront of him
Old 6/25/10, 11:20 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Jchandler
If the dealer can find the exact setup I want I may just buy it.. If not I'll just keep saving(made my last car payment on my 06 2 days ago ). Leave it up to fate now lol.

The dealer can order whatever you want.

And I was thinking about swinging by Ted Britt Ford at lunch to test drive one, but i'm too busy today. I will just swing by Koons in Sterling this weekend since they have one on the lot.
Old 6/25/10, 11:25 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by RedWings
The dealer can order whatever you want.

And I was thinking about swinging by Ted Britt Ford at lunch to test drive one, but i'm too busy today. I will just swing by Koons in Sterling this weekend since they have one on the lot.
I know.. I honestly Financially want to wait till next summer. I would be able to put almost 25 -28k down then as opposed to whatever I get on trade plus 5-7k now. So basically unless they happen to have what I want right there in front of me dazzling me into buying now I'd rather wait.
Old 6/25/10, 11:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Jchandler
I know.. I honestly Financially want to wait till next summer. I would be able to put almost 25 -28k down then as opposed to whatever I get on trade plus 5-7k now. So basically unless they happen to have what I want right there in front of me dazzling me into buying now I'd rather wait.
I'm waiting until next summer to for the same reason....more for down payment.

Then I plan on special ordering one from an out of state dealer that won't try to rape me on doc fees like most VA dealers.
Old 6/25/10, 11:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

Then I plan on special ordering one from an out of state dealer that won't try to rape me on doc fees like most VA dealers.
Eh, you can still get a fair price. I got like 600 under invoice and after doc fees it came out to like 250 under.
Old 6/25/10, 11:51 AM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Praetorian730
I hear that, I got caught behind a 18 wheeler on ramp the other day, it was the first time I went wot. I went from 15 to about 90 from the time it took to swing a lane over, and get about 50ft infront of him
It leaves you sayin...WHOA doesn't it?
Old 6/25/10, 11:51 AM
V6 Member

I've been thinking of doing the same thing.. I'm not too keen on payin 400-600 doc fees.. But I think we are on the same page as far a a bigger down payment.. We'll see what they come up with though.
Old 6/25/10, 11:53 AM
GT Member

Be careful of those VA Documentation fees. I bought an F-150 last year in Richmond and had a $279 Documentation fee. My daughter just bought a new Escape at Ted Britt in Chantilly and their Documentation fee is over $500.
Old 6/25/10, 11:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

A high doc fee doesn't matter as long as they give you below invoice for the car, which many VA dealers are willing to do. I know Ted Britt and Kip Kilmon's will.
Old 6/25/10, 12:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by jokerstars
A high doc fee doesn't matter as long as they give you below invoice for the car, which many VA dealers are willing to do. I know Ted Britt and Kip Kilmon's will.
At the end of the day I only care about the final, out the door, price of the car. Including all taxes, doc fees, etc...

If it'll save me a good amount of $$ to deal with someone out-of-state....then I will. Hopefully a forum sponsor.

If we are talking a few hundred bucks, then i'd rather use a local dealer because it is always nice to have a good relationship with the place that will be servicing your car.
Old 6/25/10, 12:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by jokerstars
If you don't mind me asking, how was your final price (excluding tax but including doc fees, transport fees, Ford fee, etc) compared to invoice w/holdback?
Old 6/25/10, 12:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Kip's and Ted's will give you 500-600 under invoice I am pretty sure. Even with a 400 dollar doc fee, that's 200 under invoice.

I got out the door quotes for both of them and they were both more than fair. Not worth a trip to another state.

Although now that retail order verification is order I don't know if that will push prices upwards.
Old 6/25/10, 12:11 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by NuPony05
Be careful of those VA Documentation fees. I bought an F-150 last year in Richmond and had a $279 Documentation fee. My daughter just bought a new Escape at Ted Britt in Chantilly and their Documentation fee is over $500.
Thats what i'm afraid of thanks for the heads up. Definately not paying over 500..
Old 6/25/10, 12:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by stangfoeva

I have an auto. Even with TC off....only a little squawk when I punch it. Not at all squirrelly like my 91 5.0 was.
That said: These are heavy cars(relative)! They won't hug the corners like a go cart. And, I could see loosing it on a corner. A formula 1 it is not
Old 6/25/10, 01:11 PM
GT Member

Documentation fees are nothing but profit, and are open to negotiation. As Redwings said above....it is the bottom line that is important - doesn't really matter what the paperwork shows. In fact, I'd rather have the dealer take some $$$$ off the price of the car itself and put more into the doc fees. Why? I pay less taxes.

JChandler....I fully understand what you're going through. I'm going to wait - as hard as it is - because I will be in better shape to do it by the first of next year (for a number of reasons) and because I think better deals will be available this winter.

Good luck with whatever you choose.