2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Just ordered my 2011 GT

Search this Thread

Old 7/3/10, 10:42 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Just ordered my 2011 GT

I ordered it this morning.

Silver GT premium, with manual trans, 401A package with red-brick interior, 3.55, regular brakes, spoiler delete, no stripes.

My dealer tells me the factory is shut down till July 14, so I should expect 8-12 weeks for delivery. Looks like I've got a long wait. Worst-case scenario, it doesn't arrive till early October, which would be disappointing, because I don't want to drive it too much once the snow starts flying in November and December (I'm keeping my old car for winter driving).

Anyway, I'm excited, and I'll keep you posted on my delivery experience. The wife and kids are also happy for me.
Old 7/3/10, 10:57 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by danimal15
The wife and kids are also happy for me.
That's the very best part!
Old 7/3/10, 10:59 AM
Bullitt Member

I ordered it this morning.

Silver GT premium, with manual trans, 401A package with red-brick interior, 3.55, regular brakes, spoiler delete, no stripes.

My dealer tells me the factory is shut down till July 14, so I should expect 8-12 weeks for delivery. Looks like I've got a long wait. Worst-case scenario, it doesn't arrive till early October, which would be disappointing, because I don't want to drive it too much once the snow starts flying in November and December (I'm keeping my old car for winter driving).

Anyway, I'm excited, and I'll keep you posted on my delivery experience. The wife and kids are also happy for me.
Great/reasonable option choices and color combo !!!
Old 7/3/10, 11:31 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks.

What does everyone think of spoiler delete? It's the one thing I'm thinking twice about.
Old 7/3/10, 11:38 AM
GT Member

Thanks.

What does everyone think of spoiler delete? It's the one thing I'm thinking twice about.
It's up to you. I ordered a black premium 401a and 3.55's about two weeks ago and did a stripe delete but kept the spoiler. My dealer did not mention the factory shutting down which sucks to hear.
Old 7/3/10, 12:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks.

Think about it for awhile. You'll look at it (the car) differently as time goes by. They are ,for the most part, non-functional, so it depends on your attitude about gingerbread, and concept of style. I've had my car for 2 weeks now, and I ordered s/delete. I am very satisfied now without it, but if I were to do certain mods to it in the future, I would consider one. Starting with a clean slate has some definite advantages
Attached Thumbnails Just ordered my 2011 GT-105.jpg  
Old 7/3/10, 02:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

I am super happy without the spoiler. It doesn't really generate any useful down-force, so there's no point having it unless you like how it looks. An added bonus is that it's easier to wash & wax without the spoiler.
Old 7/3/10, 02:12 PM
GT Member

Thanks.

Personally I think the car looks naked and goofy without something back there...almost looks a bit sedan-like and less sporty to me. It may not have total function, but it has way more function than the louvers and side scoops. Those I still consider no-no's

I considered a Spoiler delete but only because I considered putting a GT500 spoiler on. I Decided I liked the factory deck-lid spoiler better.
Old 7/3/10, 02:19 PM
Bullitt Member

I love the clean look without the spoiler. Less is more.
Old 7/3/10, 02:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by raidernixon
Personally I think the car looks naked and goofy without something back there...almost looks a bit sedan-like and less sporty to me. It may not have total function, but it has way more function than the louvers and side scoops. Those I still consider no-no's

I considered a Spoiler delete but only because I considered putting a GT500 spoiler on. I Decided I liked the factory deck-lid spoiler better.
Funny--cause I like 1/4 window dressing,but not much else. Guess it's all a state of brain lol.
Old 7/3/10, 02:41 PM
GT Member

Yeah it is...I feel like I'm the only one around here that likes the spoiler haha. I think the window louvers look good but only after the stance and wheels have been changed. I'm too picky for my own good, thats why I couldent settle for buying an 11 in dealer stock
Old 7/3/10, 04:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Nah, I like my spoilers too. I too feel like it's missing something there and nearly went with the full pedestal spoiler wing, but I eventually decided to just keep the standard spoiler, I got to thinking the pedestal spoiler might be too much, and I really couldn't come up with a reason to like one over the other so I went with the cheaper (free) one.

And now that I have it I realize I actually quite like the standard spoiler and wouldn't dream of getting the pedestal at this point. The standard just adds that bit of sportiness while retaining the sleek pseudo-fastback look. At least that's how I feel about it.

I'm not a fan of side scoops or fake hood scoops, but I'm kinda warming up to quarter louvers.
Old 7/3/10, 05:34 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I was actually thinking of swapping my standard GT non-camera spoiler for either a Pedestal or GT500 spoiler ... but the small GT spoiler kinda looks just right when I see pics of either the Spoiler Delete cars or cars with the larger spoilers ...
Old 7/3/10, 07:18 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by GJM20115.0
Think about it for awhile. You'll look at it (the car) differently as time goes by. They are ,for the most part, non-functional, so it depends on your attitude about gingerbread, and concept of style. I've had my car for 2 weeks now, and I ordered s/delete. I am very satisfied now without it, but if I were to do certain mods to it in the future, I would consider one. Starting with a clean slate has some definite advantages
I'm with you on this. If the car is clean without the (drilled) body options, you can always add them later as your tastes change or if you see an after-market part that looks great and you install it. On the other hand if the, spoiler, hood scoop, front lic. plate bracket, etc. is already installed and the body drilled, you need hole filling / painting or a work around to 'customize' from there.
Old 7/3/10, 07:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by raidernixon
Yeah it is...I feel like I'm the only one around here that likes the spoiler haha. I think the window louvers look good but only after the stance and wheels have been changed. I'm too picky for my own good, thats why I couldent settle for buying an 11 in dealer stock
I think a late(r) model Mustang looks incomplete without a spoiler. I don't really even care which one... but something needs to be back there.
Old 7/3/10, 07:41 PM
V6 Member

Funny--cause I like 1/4 window dressing,but not much else. Guess it's all a state of brain lol.
Wow. I thought I was the only one that thought this way. I guess I always liked the looks of the 67/68 fastbacks. I swear if Ford offered a quarter window delete option, I would've taken it and the spoiler delete.
Old 7/3/10, 08:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by GTOto5point0
Wow. I thought I was the only one that thought this way. I guess I always liked the looks of the 67/68 fastbacks. I swear if Ford offered a quarter window delete option, I would've taken it and the spoiler delete.
Sorry your not a woman, Charles
Old 7/4/10, 07:10 AM
V6 Member

Sorry your not a woman, Charles
Ha! If it's any consolation, you can still buy me a beer.