2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Is it just me?

Search this Thread

Old 7/17/11, 03:26 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To the O.P. - nah, you're OK - I think we all have a certain amount of OCD within us.

In all honesty I haven't noticed the things you mention, but I will note that I feel much less OCD since no longer having white-lettered tires.
Old 7/17/11, 04:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
I have to have the center caps on my wheels lined up with the valve stems, so they look right. Does anyone do this or should I seek therapy?
I don't think aligning them from time to time is crazy by itself, BUT if you have other things in your life like this, and if those impact you or people around you in any manner, then yes, you should seek help.

OCD can continue to manifest into more severe forms of behavior, which could lead to much worse things in your life. If you think you have OCD, or others have jokingly told you this, then you might want to consider seeking help or forcing yourself to stop the behavior when you notice it.
Old 7/19/11, 09:48 AM

This thread reminded me that the Rolls Royce Ghost (and other models I'm sure) has center caps that are ALWAYS right side up, even at 100+ mph.
Old 7/19/11, 10:53 AM

I can't crack my windows at different levels. They both have to be either all the way down, or open to the exact same level. My wife's been screwin with me ever since she realized it.

Also, I have to find a perfect spot to park in the driveway every day, where the car looks just right from the house (about 30 feet away). If it doesn't look just right, I'll move it and walk back to house to look at it several times until it's in a spot or at an angle where it looks most attractive.

Also (I can go on and on), when I park it the garage, it has to be on an angle, taking up both bays, so that I can observe it from several different sides; and again, if it isn't just right, or if I pull it in too far, I'll move it several times until it's just right. Sometimes I back it all the way out and pull it in again.

Not sure if these behaviors are OCD or not, I've exhibited them with every vehicle that I've owned for past 25 years.

Last edited by nite; 7/19/11 at 10:57 AM.
Old 7/19/11, 11:40 AM
Cobra Member

OCD is only a problem if starts to effect the things you do or you go out of your way to satisfy them/it makes you physically ill to not do them/it severely effects the people around you