2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Just got my 2013 GT Coupe Premium

Search this Thread

Old 8/17/13, 11:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More questions for everyone. I'm hearing a squeeky sound (like an old engine belt would make) while stopped in nuetral. Is this normal? I've heard it since day one and want to make sure it isnt a problem, but just a part of the normal break in.
Old 8/18/13, 10:34 AM
Ford In-Vehicle Technology Rep

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by miner999r
Thanks Kim at IVT.

Any way to load the contents of an Mp3 player or i pod into the sync computer. ...
Anytime!

Lakersfreak is correct; there isn't a way to store the music from a media device directly to your SYNC system. You can stream music from your phone via Bluetooth audio to avoid using a cord, however, connecting through USB will give you access to a wider variety of voice commands.

To access music through Bluetooth, just give the voice command BLUETOOTH AUDIO after entering the vehicle with your paired phone.

Kim
Old 8/18/13, 02:27 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
Originally Posted by lakersfreak
More questions for everyone. I'm hearing a squeeky sound (like an old engine belt would make) while stopped in nuetral. Is this normal? I've heard it since day one and want to make sure it isnt a problem, but just a part of the normal break in.

laker, I'm not sure what this could be. Give it awhile to break in, if it doesn't stop take her to the dealer. They should be able to help.
Old 8/20/13, 07:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I just got a 2014 GT with the automatic and I am averaging almost 24 mixed driving. I live 16 miles from work and there are 12 traffic lights in between. Most of them are 2 to 3 mile stretches though so I do go a few miles without any. The speed limits are 45 to 55. I only have 150 miles on the car so if it only gets better, I'll be really pleased.
Old 8/20/13, 07:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Automatic 5.0
I just got a 2014 GT with the automatic and I am averaging almost 24 mixed driving. I live 16 miles from work and there are 12 traffic lights in between. Most of them are 2 to 3 mile stretches though so I do go a few miles without any. The speed limits are 45 to 55. I only have 150 miles on the car so if it only gets better, I'll be really pleased.
Are you kidding me! I have 300 miles on the car and I've already burned through about 28 gallons!
Old 8/21/13, 05:40 AM
Bullitt Member

Great car!

My 2 cents:

- keep the wheels, add over the top dual stripes
- unless you've got a serious issue or a factory defect, wait for break-in before heading to the dealer
- GT500 axelbacks are popular, but so are the Ford Racing ones. I think they both are more modest improvements to the decibel level with no drone
- I like the all season floor mats from ford with the pony emblem, and they come with fronst and rears, and will probably hold more spilled liquid than average...
- at 1500 mi, my Boss got 26 MPG highway... hang in there

Last edited by KC3333; 8/21/13 at 05:41 AM.
Old 8/23/13, 03:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Ok here's another annoyance...not a big deal however.

If I have my windows down, then push the button for them to go up, and while windows are going up I turn the car off, the windows go back down to about halfway. Technically batter operations, like the radio, should stay on and fundtion correctly until I open the door. I'm not quite sure why the windows wont continue going up.
Old 8/27/13, 07:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Are you kidding me! I have 300 miles on the car and I've already burned through about 28 gallons!
I ended up with 23 overall back and forth to work for 6 days, caught a lot of red lights in the town in between work and home and had to stop by a couple of places each day on the way home.
The total mileage on the tank was 290 and it took 14 gallons. I had reset it from the first weekend I had the car it to check my mileage to work and back. The first weekend I had it, I cruised around with the wife and kids running errands and stuff. So with work and a lot of stop and go picking up the kids from school and showing off with them in the car a bit, I still managed better than 20. I have a light foot unless I am playing and back and forth to work, there is no one to play with.
Old 8/27/13, 08:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Automatic 5.0
I ended up with 23 overall back and forth to work for 6 days, caught a lot of red lights in the town in between work and home and had to stop by a couple of places each day on the way home.
The total mileage on the tank was 290 and it took 14 gallons. I had reset it from the first weekend I had the car it to check my mileage to work and back. The first weekend I had it, I cruised around with the wife and kids running errands and stuff. So with work and a lot of stop and go picking up the kids from school and showing off with them in the car a bit, I still managed better than 20. I have a light foot unless I am playing and back and forth to work, there is no one to play with.
thats quite a difference....when did you buy? how many miles?
Old 8/28/13, 09:24 AM
Bullitt Member

Funny thread. I always laugh whenever I read posts complaining about the mileage in this car. Especially those that actually believe the EPA estimated returns on these cars.

If you think this is bad, try putzing around a newer Evo or STi in LA or NYC traffic as a daily driver... you'll appreciate the V8's low torque and comparable if not better mileage overall.
Old 8/28/13, 09:32 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by JPMotorSport
Funny thread. I always laugh whenever I read posts complaining about the mileage in this car. Especially those that actually believe the EPA estimated returns on these cars.

If you think this is bad, try putzing around a newer Evo or STi in LA or NYC traffic as a daily driver... you'll appreciate the V8's low torque and comparable if not better mileage overall.
You make a great point. I've driven a lot of manuals in the past 23 years. All but 2 of my cars have been manuals. I've had the misfortune of having to drive from the inland empire into Orange County and Los Angeles county for years. For those not from California, this is some ugly bumper to bumper traffic. I almost bought an auto for convenience. The torque of this engine makes it so easy to drive in traffic and I still get 17 mpg. I had a turbo 4 cylinder before this and the mileage was about 18. My stang is more comfortable and easy to drive with almost the same mileage. Great car.
Old 9/1/13, 09:24 PM

That's not a whole lot better than my V10 F350 4x4...in town.

My last tank on the Mustang was 288.8 miles on 13.835 gallons. 5.0, Automatic with 2700 miles. Mostly in-town. It has never done worse than 18mpg though. I think someone is siphoning your tank
Old 9/4/13, 11:07 PM
GT Member

Hey, Lakersfreak -

Congrats on your new ride. I've had my 2012 GT for about 18 months now (11,560 miles) and I continue to love it more every time I drive it. It looks like you've gotten a lot of good answers to your questions.

One thing you asked was whether there was a way to show what gear you're in on the instrument panel. I don't think there is, but if it's important to you and you want to spend the money, your dealer can install a different shifter that has a digital readout on it that shows the gear. Not sure of the cost, but I think it's kind of pricey.

Mileage: I'm getting about 16mpg in town (I have a really heavy foot) but on a long road trip, if I concentrate on it, I can get 25 or more mpg.

Windows: Mine do the same thing. If I'm in the garage and rolling them up and turn off the key, they start back down. Weird, I know, but that's what they do. There must be a reason for it, but not sure what it is.

Exhaust: At 11K miles, my exhaust sounds much better than it did the day I picked the car up. Give it a few thousand miles and see how you like the sound. As the other poster said, the sound will get richer with time.

Finally, I don't know if the sunglass clip wasn't an option on the 2012, but I don't think I got one. There is a round 1" diameter plastic screw(?) on the passenger visor. I don't know if that's where the clips attaches or not. My car DID come with rear floor mats. I got the 401 Premium interior though, so that might be the difference.

I do have an occasional experience with the 1st to 2nd shift "notchiness" that's typical of the MT82 tranny. But it's not enough to make me dislike the car. As I said at the beginning, I look for every opportunity to drive it. I think Ford created an amazing machine with this model.

Good luck. Stay safe.
Old 9/4/13, 11:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Michael Broadway
Hey, Lakersfreak -

Congrats on your new ride. I've had my 2012 GT for about 18 months now (11,560 miles) and I continue to love it more every time I drive it. It looks like you've gotten a lot of good answers to your questions.

One thing you asked was whether there was a way to show what gear you're in on the instrument panel. I don't think there is, but if it's important to you and you want to spend the money, your dealer can install a different shifter that has a digital readout on it that shows the gear. Not sure of the cost, but I think it's kind of pricey.

Mileage: I'm getting about 16mpg in town (I have a really heavy foot) but on a long road trip, if I concentrate on it, I can get 25 or more mpg.

Windows: Mine do the same thing. If I'm in the garage and rolling them up and turn off the key, they start back down. Weird, I know, but that's what they do. There must be a reason for it, but not sure what it is.

Exhaust: At 11K miles, my exhaust sounds much better than it did the day I picked the car up. Give it a few thousand miles and see how you like the sound. As the other poster said, the sound will get richer with time.

Finally, I don't know if the sunglass clip wasn't an option on the 2012, but I don't think I got one. There is a round 1" diameter plastic screw(?) on the passenger visor. I don't know if that's where the clips attaches or not. My car DID come with rear floor mats. I got the 401 Premium interior though, so that might be the difference.

I do have an occasional experience with the 1st to 2nd shift "notchiness" that's typical of the MT82 tranny. But it's not enough to make me dislike the car. As I said at the beginning, I look for every opportunity to drive it. I think Ford created an amazing machine with this model.

Good luck. Stay safe.
Thanks for your input! Yes if you had the clip on the visor then you should've gotten the sunglasses clip ($15 no biggie).
I ended up ordering rubber floor mats.
The gas mileage is the only real thing thats bothering me but I'll see what happens to it. I'm only at 700 miles.
Old 9/12/13, 12:01 PM
Bullitt Member

So yesterday I drove 50 miles one way (longest distance since acquiring the car) and I got 23 mpg according to the computer display in the dash

I want to paint black the hood air vents and the 5.0 sign on the sides. Anyone know a good cheap place in Los Angeles? I can always take it to galpin auto sports but they'll charge an arm and a leg.
Old 9/13/13, 09:42 AM
Bullitt Member

Question for all of you. When I use Sync to read me text messages the shows "my name". WHen I scroll through my text messages the display will show "1, my name, 01/06/2001". Anyway to fix this so it works correctly? I'm assuming it's supposed to show the name of the person who sent the text... I have an Andoid (Samsung Note 2).
Old 9/14/13, 02:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
should I add black stripes or tint windows??????????
hey buddy, I got my windows tinted as part of the sale and am really enjoying it. however I will probably get the stripes next year. here is a pic of the car with tint
Attached Images  
Old 9/14/13, 09:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by texasgtguy
hey buddy, I got my windows tinted as part of the sale and am really enjoying it. however I will probably get the stripes next year. here is a pic of the car with tint
HAHA nice looks like my car. What I'm going to do next is paint the air vents and the 5.0 sign black. And then install GT500 exhaust.
Old 9/15/13, 08:14 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
HAHA nice looks like my car. What I'm going to do next is paint the air vents and the 5.0 sign black. And then install GT500 exhaust.
That will look awesome. I picked up a couple cans of plastidip and will cover the hood vents soon

I'm aldo looking for a gt500 AB, but all I've found so far are a little pricey!
Old 9/15/13, 10:12 AM
Ford In-Vehicle Technology Rep

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question for all of you. When I use Sync to read me text messages the shows "my name". WHen I scroll through my text messages the display will show "1, my name, 01/06/2001". Anyway to fix this so it works correctly? I'm assuming it's supposed to show the name of the person who sent the text... I have an Andoid (Samsung Note 2).
The SYNC system is designed to show the name of sender, however, the Galaxy Note II isn't listed as a device that supports the text feature: http://support.ford.com/sync-technol...atibility-sync Unfortunately, there isn't a setting on SYNC that will switch the names. Keep an eye out for phone and SYNC updates, which will optimize your chances of compatibility.

Kim

Quick Reply: Just got my 2013 GT Coupe Premium