2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Job 1 Delay

Search this Thread

Old 2/26/10, 06:23 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes, I'm sure it will be worth the wait, but still.......

I'm getting worn out! lol
Old 3/5/10, 08:04 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's the latest?? Anything new on production start?

I just need for Ford to do one or two for the magazines to get their hands on 'em.
Old 3/5/10, 08:08 AM

No new news as far as I know, I'll send my Salesman a E-mail and check.

Originally Posted by dragstart
What's the latest?? Anything new on production start?

I just need for Ford to do one or two for the magazines to get their hands on 'em.
Old 3/5/10, 12:38 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Falchion
No new news as far as I know, I'll send my Salesman a E-mail and check.
Hey bud, I talked to my Ford rep. Nothing new really. Ford is still not scheduling any retail V6 or GT orders right now. This is a national thing. Only stock units right now are being scheduled. That should change once Ford gives the OKTB (OK To Buy).
Old 3/5/10, 12:51 PM

OK, thanks for the information Jeff!

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Hey bud, I talked to my Ford rep. Nothing new really. Ford is still not scheduling any retail V6 or GT orders right now. This is a national thing. Only stock units right now are being scheduled. That should change once Ford gives the OKTB (OK To Buy).
Old 3/5/10, 12:52 PM
V6 Member

Any news on Shelby allocations?
Old 3/5/10, 02:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by MattR
I got a Scheduled date of April 5th, along with a full VIN for my GT500.
This is for a retail order.
Old 3/5/10, 03:35 PM
Cobra Member

Selling and warranty work are two different animals. The inventory is seperate for sales and warranty work and most parts can be sent within 3 days. The wonders of modern logistics.

Respectfully,

Roger

Originally Posted by krnpimpsta
I think the fact that they're not selling their in-stock parts until 4/12s means that job 1 is delayed at least until 4/12.

Reasoning/thought-experiment: If the cars were out, say even a week before the parts were out, what happens to the cars that break down on the first day (and I'm sure there will be at least one 2011 mustang on planet Earth that has a problem on day 1)? The car would be taken to the dealership for warranty work, and then.. sit there for an entire week because Ford is not selling their parts.

I think that means 4/12 is probably the earliest new date.
Old 3/5/10, 03:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

Allocation is simply 1 per dealer with a chance to get another one later on. Thats it! I have one already scheduled for WarpedSpazm our fellow TMS member. They are scheduling retail GT500 orders, bascially to get them all divied out and accounted for.
Old 3/5/10, 06:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Has anyone heard of an Ok to Buy date yet for the GT's? Although I can't remember where, I saw something about April 4th for the GT500. That's the same week that my stock GT order is estimated for dealer delivery, wonder if it will be the same across models?
Old 3/5/10, 07:20 PM
V6 Member

Allocation is simply 1 per dealer with a chance to get another one later on. Thats it! I have one already scheduled for WarpedSpazm our fellow TMS member. They are scheduling retail GT500 orders, bascially to get them all divied out and accounted for.
So still no word on when dealers will get or if they will get a second car?
Old 3/6/10, 06:35 AM

I just got this from my Sales rep. There might be a parts shortage going on?

Your 2011 Mustang GT has still not been scheduled. We ran a check and found that none of our Mustangs with the reverse camera have been scheduled yet. Out buyer is checking for more info next week.
Old 3/6/10, 06:48 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by IT_Guru
Has anyone heard of an Ok to Buy date yet for the GT's? Although I can't remember where, I saw something about April 4th for the GT500. That's the same week that my stock GT order is estimated for dealer delivery, wonder if it will be the same across models?
Hey bud, I hate to break it to you, but I'm 99% sure you won't see your car by April 4th. If its scheduled for 3.22 or even 3.29, since they made your car a "stock" order, these are not going to ship right away until they do quality control and check them out thoroughly. Once they are okay, then they will ship them, but with stock units, its like Paul said, the closest ones that are able to be moved are shipped first and the ones against the fence, buried 5 rows deep sit and sit and sit until they get to them. If they are telling you you'll have your car by April 4th, in my experience (and I've been doing this for 13 years come April) they are BSing you!! Sorry to say.
Old 3/6/10, 06:49 AM
Team Mustang Source

So still no word on when dealers will get or if they will get a second car?
From what I understand, that is correct. Every dealer is guaranteed one GT500 for signing up for the GT500 program. A 2nd car will be allowed later on. Now, if a dealer gets one and holds it for months on end, don't expect them to get a 2nd car. Its places that have the 1st car sold (like my store) that have a better shot at a 2nd GT500, as the 1st car is an "in and out" within a day.
Old 3/6/10, 06:50 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Falchion
I just got this from my Sales rep. There might be a parts shortage going on?

Your 2011 Mustang GT has still not been scheduled. We ran a check and found that none of our Mustangs with the reverse camera have been scheduled yet. Out buyer is checking for more info next week.
I find that hard to believe, personally. The reverse camera was available last year and it was an option that wasn't added to alot of cars. IMHO, I think they are making excuses. Did they turn your order into a "stock" order from an original retail order? Just curious?

I just don't know why dealers won't be up front with the people who ordered cars. Just tell them the truth. That Ford is NOT scheduling any retail orders right now. Its not a big deal to explain the truth to people. Its being done so the retail orders are okay with no issues. Make the stock units 1st to make sure if any problems don't arrise during assembly and final QC checks. Honesty is the best policy.

Last edited by 05fordgt; 3/6/10 at 07:01 AM.
Old 3/6/10, 09:51 AM
Bullitt Member

I hope my salesman was BS'ing me about my build date being the on the 22nd. I'm sure he was since he doesn't have a VIN number yet. I don't want my car to end up at the end of the factory lot and have it shipped in June.
Old 3/6/10, 09:53 AM

I don't think they turned order into a stock one, but then they never did take $500 for a deposit like they did with my 2008 GT. So maybe they did?

I find that hard to believe, personally. The reverse camera was available last year and it was an option that wasn't added to alot of cars. IMHO, I think they are making excuses. Did they turn your order into a "stock" order from an original retail order? Just curious?

I just don't know why dealers won't be up front with the people who ordered cars. Just tell them the truth. That Ford is NOT scheduling any retail orders right now. Its not a big deal to explain the truth to people. Its being done so the retail orders are okay with no issues. Make the stock units 1st to make sure if any problems don't arrise during assembly and final QC checks. Honesty is the best policy.
Old 3/6/10, 10:00 AM
V6 Member

From what I understand, that is correct. Every dealer is guaranteed one GT500 for signing up for the GT500 program. A 2nd car will be allowed later on. Now, if a dealer gets one and holds it for months on end, don't expect them to get a 2nd car. Its places that have the 1st car sold (like my store) that have a better shot at a 2nd GT500, as the 1st car is an "in and out" within a day.
Thanks it at least sounds like I have a chance. My dealer has sold his first car, so it will be gone the same day it comes in. Mine is the second order that they dont have an allocation for at this time. It would be nice to have a clue when that might be. I guess as long as I have the car before fall I will be alright with it.
Old 3/6/10, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by mach1fever
Selling and warranty work are two different animals. The inventory is seperate for sales and warranty work and most parts can be sent within 3 days. The wonders of modern logistics.

Respectfully,

Roger
Ahh, cool, didn't know that. Thanks!
Old 3/6/10, 12:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Hey bud, I hate to break it to you, but I'm 99% sure you won't see your car by April 4th. If its scheduled for 3.22 or even 3.29, since they made your car a "stock" order, these are not going to ship right away until they do quality control and check them out thoroughly. Once they are okay, then they will ship them, but with stock units, its like Paul said, the closest ones that are able to be moved are shipped first and the ones against the fence, buried 5 rows deep sit and sit and sit until they get to them. If they are telling you you'll have your car by April 4th, in my experience (and I've been doing this for 13 years come April) they are BSing you!! Sorry to say.
I'm not really worried about getting it by the 4th, I'm just concerned that it's going to get here later than if they would of left it retail. Do you think I'd be better of canceling the order and going somewhere else? I just thought that maybe at least I have a car on order this way, and if I order a retail one now from someone else I may have to wait even longer because of demand. How long do you think it's possible that it could sit buried? Weeks or months? I'm not concerned about a few weeks, but a few months would really **** me off.

Quick Reply: Job 1 Delay