Sponsored By:

Job 1 Delay

Search this Thread

Old 2/24/10, 05:44 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Job 1 Delay

I'm not sure if this is a repost......

My sales guy just called and he said Job 1 was delayed by 1 week to the 22nd. Also, I'm not in the first four weeks production yet, but neither is any of the other customers from this Dealership, which is one of the largest in North Texas. Anybody else heard anything?
Old 2/24/10, 05:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Falchion
I'm not sure if this is a repost......

My sales guy just called and he said Job 1 was delayed by 1 week to the 22nd. Also, I'm not in the first four weeks production yet, but neither is any of the other customers from this Dealership, which is one of the largest in North Texas. Anybody else heard anything?
Everything has been painfully silent for quite some time...

And what's with the first rides? I got to thinking about that...has that ever been done before? Seems a little retarded now that I think about it.
Old 2/24/10, 06:15 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This happens a lot. The guys who special order will still be waiting while everyone else can go straight up to dealership and grab one off the lot.
Old 2/24/10, 06:35 PM

Well, I'm not sure, but I got the impression that ALL of the Dealers allocations weren't scheduled yet. But I have seen some guys get VINs already, so it can't be a Ford thing unless they put a hold on other orders.

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
This happens a lot. The guys who special order will still be waiting while everyone else can go straight up to dealership and grab one off the lot.
Old 2/24/10, 10:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Guys, I just received the latest tape from my dealer, my GT500 has now a scheduled date of April 5th
Old 2/25/10, 08:08 AM

Do you know if any of their 2011 Mustang GT orders are scheduled?

Originally Posted by RickyD
Guys, I just received the latest tape from my dealer, my GT500 has now a scheduled date of April 5th
Old 2/25/10, 08:12 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,547 Likes on 1,060 Posts
. . . . I'm not in the first four weeks production . . . .
do you really want your car to be one of the first ones off the line?

or maybe it might be better for them to get some practice on somebody else's car before they build yours?

think about it . . . patience, patience . . .
Old 2/25/10, 08:33 AM
GT Member

delay

aghhhh...but oh well, they will arrive sometime but I am having a huge time waiting (I HATE my present car) , just gives me more time to gather a down payment to knock the loan to the mid to low 20k range....but June would be nice...
Old 2/25/10, 08:39 AM
Team Mustang Source

Hey guys, I've mentioned this before but I'll post it again, since it came up. The only retail orders that are being scheduled right now, are GT500 retails. The retail orders of V6 and GT models are NOT being scheduled right now. Reason being, Ford is going through what is called "system fill". This is where they fill up the order line with stock units for the lot for the 1st few weeks of the start of Job#1. They want to make sure that nothing goes wrong with the stock units before building retail orders. I know this as I recieved an email from my rep, who got an email from the Ford scheduler on the east coast, that said "no retail orders (A/X/Z, order type 1, 3) are not being used for system fill. They will begin scheduling retail cars for April build.

Oh, and Job 1 has NOT changed. Its still 3/15 from what I know. If it changed, it would be on our sheets at work. If anyone has any questions, let me know. I;m always glad to help!!

Last edited by 05fordgt; 2/25/10 at 08:45 AM.
Old 2/25/10, 08:44 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

So for us with GT orders our cars should be built in April and we should have them in May if all goes as planned?
I have a priority of 11 on my DORA if this means anything.
Old 2/25/10, 08:46 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by RedCandy5.0
So for us with GT orders our cars should be built in April and we should have them in May if all goes as planned?
I have a priority of 11 on my DORA if this means anything.
Joe, Priority 11 means ALOT!! This is the number that tells the factory when to pull your order. I have 4 GT orders and each priority is 10, 12, 13, and 14! They should start giving VIN numbers to retails for April production, from what I hear!
Old 2/25/10, 09:04 AM
GT Member

Great job Jeff on keeping us informed. It's really appreciated.
Old 2/25/10, 10:08 AM
GT Member

I'm calling my dealership at lunch and see if they can print our my DORA since the priority is only on the DORA right and not the ordering print out?
Old 2/25/10, 10:58 AM

OK thanks for the info Jeff! That explains a lot, but are you sure about Job 1 not being delayed? Actually I hope you're right!

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Hey guys, I've mentioned this before but I'll post it again, since it came up. The only retail orders that are being scheduled right now, are GT500 retails. The retail orders of V6 and GT models are NOT being scheduled right now. Reason being, Ford is going through what is called "system fill". This is where they fill up the order line with stock units for the lot for the 1st few weeks of the start of Job#1. They want to make sure that nothing goes wrong with the stock units before building retail orders. I know this as I recieved an email from my rep, who got an email from the Ford scheduler on the east coast, that said "no retail orders (A/X/Z, order type 1, 3) are not being used for system fill. They will begin scheduling retail cars for April build.

Oh, and Job 1 has NOT changed. Its still 3/15 from what I know. If it changed, it would be on our sheets at work. If anyone has any questions, let me know. I;m always glad to help!!
Old 2/25/10, 12:21 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by objoe
Great job Jeff on keeping us informed. It's really appreciated.
OK thanks for the info Jeff! That explains a lot, but are you sure about Job 1 not being delayed? Actually I hope you're right!
Hey everyone, just got in and its true, Job#1 has been pushed back a week, to 3/22!! Nothing unsual about it, as its happened before. Ford may want the extra week to get the EPA testing done for the car, or something else (need time to get more motors built at the engine plant?). I'm just grasping at straws, lol. The EPA thing is a possibility as the 5.0's fuel economy has not been released yet. Just a thought!
Old 2/25/10, 12:50 PM

Ha, told you so! lol

I think it might be a parts shortage. A lot of the parts for the suspension are from the GT500, and they might be used to having to supply in amounts required for the GTs?

Hey everyone, just got in and its true, Job#1 has been pushed back a week, to 3/22!! Nothing unsual about it, as its happened before. Ford may want the extra week to get the EPA testing done for the car, or something else (need time to get more motors built at the engine plant?). I'm just grasping at straws, lol. The EPA thing is a possibility as the 5.0's fuel economy has not been released yet. Just a thought!
Old 2/25/10, 12:52 PM
V6 Member

Joe, Priority 11 means ALOT!! This is the number that tells the factory when to pull your order. I have 4 GT orders and each priority is 10, 12, 13, and 14! They should start giving VIN numbers to retails for April production, from what I hear!
Hi Jeff,

Is there any way you can post a sample DORA with explanations of what all the fields mean? My salesman faxed me a copy of what is supposedly the DORA, but it's a bit difficult to follow. I see a "10" under a column headed by "PR" and "AL", but I'm not sure that's my priority code.

Thanks!

Rick
Old 2/25/10, 01:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My dealer gave my VIN for my 2011 GT last Friday. Said it scheduled for the week of 5 April. I wonder if that's still the case?
Old 2/25/10, 01:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Dig-It Racing
My dealer gave my VIN for my 2011 GT last Friday. Said it scheduled for the week of 5 April. I wonder if that's still the case?
I got the same info from my dealer, I guess there is some accuracy about April 5th.
Old 2/25/10, 03:16 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by dnr427
Hi Jeff,

Is there any way you can post a sample DORA with explanations of what all the fields mean? My salesman faxed me a copy of what is supposedly the DORA, but it's a bit difficult to follow. I see a "10" under a column headed by "PR" and "AL", but I'm not sure that's my priority code.

Thanks!

Rick
Hey Rick, I don't have any DORAs for stock cars handy and I don't want to use a DORA of a retail car unless a fellow member says I can. If any of the guys who ordered cars from me will allow me to post their DORA, I'll be happy to do it. Do you have a scanner available? Can you post up your DORA? I can see how it compares to mine.

Quick Reply: Job 1 Delay