2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Job 1 Delay

Search this Thread

Old 2/25/10, 03:35 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can use mine Jeff. You had it scanned a while back, if not let me know and I will send you the file.
Old 2/25/10, 03:40 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,861 Likes on 2,112 Posts
Normally Ford will not Release Year Model Specific Parts for a New Model Until the cars are being Produced. I just noticed that a Lot 0f 11 Parts have been Held for release till Mid April where before they were Scheduled to Release Mid March. Take it with a grain of salt. My conclusions have been somewhat accurate in the past. Sometimes way too accurate for those who have been around know! LOL!

KC

Last edited by 05stangkc; 2/25/10 at 03:41 PM.
Old 2/25/10, 07:11 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm not quite sure what you're getting at? Could you go into detail?

Originally Posted by 05stangkc
Normally Ford will not Release Year Model Specific Parts for a New Model Until the cars are being Produced. I just noticed that a Lot 0f 11 Parts have been Held for release till Mid April where before they were Scheduled to Release Mid March. Take it with a grain of salt. My conclusions have been somewhat accurate in the past. Sometimes way too accurate for those who have been around know! LOL!

KC
Old 2/25/10, 08:46 PM
GT Member

I think what he's saying is that since the release of the parts for the '11s has been delayed, that signals that the '11s themselves are probably also going to suffer a delay.
Old 2/26/10, 07:35 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Hey Rick, I don't have any DORAs for stock cars handy and I don't want to use a DORA of a retail car unless a fellow member says I can. If any of the guys who ordered cars from me will allow me to post their DORA, I'll be happy to do it. Do you have a scanner available? Can you post up your DORA? I can see how it compares to mine.
Hi Jeff,

Someone posted part of their DORA on another thread, and what I have is definately NOT a DORA. What my dealer gave me looks to be the print out of a computer screen with the heading "Single Vehicle Detail Information". Our scanner is down, but I could fax it to you if you want to see it. The information seems to match with the "Vehicle Order Confirmation" sheet I was given when I placed the order, but I'm not sure what significance it has versus an actual DORA. The salesman I'm working with is a nice guy, and he's really trying to be responsive, but I guess this dealership doesn't typically provide DORA's for their orders, and I get the impression he's never actually seen one.

By the way, add me to the list of members who are EXTREMELY GRATEFUL for all the inside information you provide! Thanks again!

Rick
Old 2/26/10, 08:44 AM

So maybe they are running into a parts shortage? They may need the parts for production so they are delaying the release of the spares? I suppose that makes sence.....

It might be a while before I get mine.....

Originally Posted by Steven
I think what he's saying is that since the release of the parts for the '11s has been delayed, that signals that the '11s themselves are probably also going to suffer a delay.
Old 2/26/10, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Falchion
I'm not quite sure what you're getting at? Could you go into detail?
Usually ford will not release new year Model Specific parts until Job 1, Excluding maintenence Items. So if Parts are not releasing till mid April then {Perhaps, Just my opinion} Job One has been Changed to mid April. I checked one Part in particular this A.M. and ford has the Parts on the Shelf. They simply will not sell them until 04/12/10. When I had Checked earlier it was 03/15/10. Like I said earlier take it with a grain of salt.

KC
Old 2/26/10, 10:47 AM

It could very well be some last-minute product changes or some issue with a supplier that
suddenly cropped up. If so, I imagine with such a highly anticipated product launch like this,
Ford would like to have everything in order before they start building rather than to have to
correct any issues later.
Old 2/26/10, 10:57 AM

Well, there is a one week delay, I hope that doesn't turn into a month delay!

With all the new parts that are in the 2011 models, there could be delays because of a parts shortage....

Usually ford will not release new year Model Specific parts until Job 1, Excluding maintenence Items. So if Parts are not releasing till mid April then {Perhaps, Just my opinion} Job One has been Changed to mid April. I checked one Part in particular this A.M. and ford has the Parts on the Shelf. They simply will not sell them until 04/12/10. When I had Checked earlier it was 03/15/10. Like I said earlier take it with a grain of salt.

KC
Old 2/26/10, 12:00 PM
V6 Member

Wow, this is shaping up to be 2005 all over again. I expected it to well recieved, but I am blown away by the response. I really did not think that many people were paying attention to the new powertrains. I have by beloved 2001 True Blue Bullitt that I will keep, but I plan on getting a 2011, either GT or Shelby. I truly believe this is going to be the last of the breed. I fully expect a 2014 Mustang to be smaller, lighter, and powered by a pair of econ-boost 4 and 6 cyd engines. They should be great cars, but that V8 sound cannot be duplacated. I started out in 1969 with my Mach 1 and I am "Going Out" with a 2011......How fitting.....
Old 2/26/10, 12:03 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cocojoe53
Wow, this is shaping up to be 2005 all over again. I expected it to well recieved, but I am blown away by the response. I really did not think that many people were paying attention to the new powertrains. I have by beloved 2001 True Blue Bullitt that I will keep, but I plan on getting a 2011, either GT or Shelby. I truly believe this is going to be the last of the breed. I fully expect a 2014 Mustang to be smaller, lighter, and powered by a pair of econ-boost 4 and 6 cyd engines. They should be great cars, but that V8 sound cannot be duplacated. I started out in 1969 with my Mach 1 and I am "Going Out" with a 2011......How fitting.....
You might want to rethink that logic. So Ford developed the all new 5.0 to use just for 3 model years?
Old 2/26/10, 12:07 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by cocojoe53
Hey bud, the Ford engineers came out and said the Mustang will ALWAYS be offered with a V8. Even if that option costs more, it will always be available.
Old 2/26/10, 12:08 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
5L isn't going anywhere for a while.
Old 2/26/10, 12:09 PM
V6 Member

Well, I think it will be used in other applications (Mainly Truck). Now, I could be wrong(Hopefully so). It just when I look at the marketplace and hows its evolving it seems to be the direction they are headed. Certainly they have been surprised by the percentage of V6 pre-orders.
Old 2/26/10, 12:14 PM
V6 Member

I hope it lasts(V8) as long as I do. Way back when I was one of those who raised all sort of Hell when Ford got oh so close to replacing the Mustang with the Probe. I hope that there are enough young people among the faithfull to insure it always stays true to it's roots....
Old 2/26/10, 12:27 PM
GTR Member

Relax fellas, the V8 is here to stay. They wouldn't design an all-new motor for a short duration run in the cars. Ford isn't like that.

Also, please stop worrying so much about the delay. One week won't kill you guys from getting a car. I think you'd all agree that a one week delay that keeps the quality level at its optimum is worth it, saving everyone trips to the dealer and issues down the road.

I'm glad to see that the anticipation for the 2011 is there, and it's nice to see a lot of orders being filed and awaiting a build date. Look at the bright side, by May, most of you will be cruising in the new 5.0 enjoying every minute of it!
Old 2/26/10, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Falchion
Well, there is a one week delay, I hope that doesn't turn into a month delay!

With all the new parts that are in the 2011 models, there could be delays because of a parts shortage....
I checked one Part in particular this A.M. and ford has the Parts on the Shelf. They simply will not sell them until 04/12/10. When I had Checked earlier it was 03/15/10. Like I said earlier take it with a grain of salt.

KC

I think the fact that they're not selling their in-stock parts until 4/12s means that job 1 is delayed at least until 4/12.

Reasoning/thought-experiment: If the cars were out, say even a week before the parts were out, what happens to the cars that break down on the first day (and I'm sure there will be at least one 2011 mustang on planet Earth that has a problem on day 1)? The car would be taken to the dealership for warranty work, and then.. sit there for an entire week because Ford is not selling their parts.

I think that means 4/12 is probably the earliest new date.
Old 2/26/10, 12:31 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by Overboost
Relax fellas, the V8 is here to stay. They wouldn't design an all-new motor for a short duration run in the cars. Ford isn't like that.

Also, please stop worrying so much about the delay. One week won't kill you guys from getting a car. I think you'd all agree that a one week delay that keeps the quality level at its optimum is worth it, saving everyone trips to the dealer and issues down the road.

I'm glad to see that the anticipation for the 2011 is there, and it's nice to see a lot of orders being filed and awaiting a build date. Look at the bright side, by May, most of you will be cruising in the new 5.0 enjoying every minute of it!
Exactly! I dont want a repeat of the Camaro launch...
Old 2/26/10, 01:57 PM

That's what I'm afraid of too! We could be waiting for a long while to get our new Mustangs! Maybe not untill the summer? Errr!

Originally Posted by krnpimpsta
I think the fact that they're not selling their in-stock parts until 4/12s means that job 1 is delayed at least until 4/12.

Reasoning/thought-experiment: If the cars were out, say even a week before the parts were out, what happens to the cars that break down on the first day (and I'm sure there will be at least one 2011 mustang on planet Earth that has a problem on day 1)? The car would be taken to the dealership for warranty work, and then.. sit there for an entire week because Ford is not selling their parts.

I think that means 4/12 is probably the earliest new date.
Old 2/26/10, 05:52 PM

I was the first customer at out Dealership to order a new GT in 04. Waiting for my 05 GT on Order was a tough ride. I still remember the feeling! We had a Heck of a lot less Info on our cars that we have on the New models today! It was a wild ride ordering a car we knew so little about. I feel for ya but trust me it will be worth the wait.

KC

Quick Reply: Job 1 Delay