Old 10/13/14, 01:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I love the high end inter net talk, LOL
My good sir
Your tone
Why may I ask...

OMG that's funny.

Testing is all well in good as long as ALL the info is given and the test is down correctly.

Why am I here? To bring to light facts

My tone? Can you hear me speak? Too funny.

Don't get upset because these little threads are not working, I've been through it before and will again. The difference is I got the facts out years ago and sales are great.

I float around the net finding some new widget someone made to compete with our stuff.
in the end we show proof and the others don't and cost way too much.
No worries man, enjoy your day.
Old 10/13/14, 01:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

3rd party JLT Oil Separator threads and videos that don't allow this thread any merit

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...-oil-separator

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...parator-Review

http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f358/t306566/

Now before you just hit your keys, think.
Watch the videos, read the threads. These are from 3rd party people just like this thread is "supposed" to be, but he collected nearly nothing, hmmm.

Readers, Google is your friend, I found these in less than 2 minutes searching.
Don't believe everything you read, people have agendas
Old 10/13/14, 02:17 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Tucker, to be fair, you said yourself the original JLT design was not doing its job. People's agenda is to protect their engine, not nuthug one brand or another. I'm running a Bob's too, because *at the time* it was found that the original JLT wasn't doing so well. If that has changed, well, that's great. My Bob's is still preventing quite a bit of crap from going into my intake...

That's 4k daily driven (mostly freeway) miles worth...
Attached Thumbnails JLT vs RX Catch Can - Results Part 2-image-2123856872.jpg  
Old 10/13/14, 03:09 PM
Bullitt Member

For you to come in here and say someones test and all their hard work is skewed because they don't get the same results as you, is ludicrous.

You would get so much more respect if you would have just said: Hey these test results are way different than the results we are getting. Check out our other customers reviews: (insert your links)

Then tell us why you think this particular test is not a good way to test your oil separator and back it up with FACTS.
Old 10/13/14, 04:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Tucker
Not really unless you aren't open minded.

One person tests and posts videos over and over with great results. Internet full of happy customers posting pics of oil caught in the JLT

vs
a test done where it collects nearly nothing

Hmmm, I think somethings a tad bit skewed
What you must have missed is that he was using your original design JLT can which if you read all over the internet was not doing that well and is why I assume you improved your design and added the filter. That is probably why he didn't catch much compared to your newer design can.

The other fact that you don't mention is that all cars are different in how much oil they let through the PCV system as well as how new the vehicle is or how many miles are on it. For example, when my Mustang was new, it pulled way more oil through the PCV system then it does these days. My rings are now fully seated.

How much oil a can catches is only one part of the equation. You don't show the output hose at the intake on any of your tests to show how wet or not the hose or quick connect is. For example, when my car was brand new and I was running a UPR can, it caught a lot of oil but my hose where it hooked into the intake manifold was dripping with oil. That told me that while I was catching a lot of oil, a lot of oil was also getting past the can and going into the intake.

Your tests are not perfect either as you don't give us all of the info. Why don't you pull the intake on your Mustang and clean it on video and then run your can for a set amount of time and then pull the intake again to see how much oil or not is inside and how clean it is. That would give us a better indication of whether or not the can is doing it's job well. Just showing us how much oil it catches doesn't tell us the whole story. You don't show us any tests that show if oil is still getting past your can or an amount that does.

At least the tests done here have shown an indication of how much oil is still getting past each can.

Wayne
Old 10/13/14, 04:43 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Solid voice of reason, thanks Wayne.
Old 10/13/14, 05:46 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 111 Likes on 101 Posts
I had the old style JLT can. I've also seen numerous threads on the new design and I should update my original posts to clearly state the version of JLT unit I tested.

My testing was not in a controlled environment as it was in a track environment with different ambient temps, humidity, oil condition, and lap consitency due to the HPDE environments at which I drive. Some laps are slower than others and some tracks are heavy braking and accelerating vs others a that are more momentum and therefore work the engine differently. But my intent was to give some "real world" test points across a couple events for a small statistical sample. Both catch cans were installed correctly and in my initial testing the JLT caught oil just not all of it. The RX caught basically everything raving nothing for the JLT to pick up.

Again this was done with the old style JLT setup and it sounds like the new design is much improved, which is EXACTLY the response I would hope for in response to this thread.

I will be doing probably 2000+ track miles next season all over the northeast, and if JLT would like to send me a new configuration test unit to re-run a series of tests, then I would be more than happy to oblige! I'm an aerospace engineer and work closely with out test group and have a lot of respect for product improvement that is the result of development work and on going testing

Feel free to PM to discuss as well.

Thanks,
Derek
Old 10/13/14, 09:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Tucker- I oversee clinical testing for the product that is my handle on this site... When that product is attacked on professional forums, I used to have the same kind of reaction you posted earlier. Over time, I've learned if you have a good product (and I'm sure you do), the users of your product will come to a much more effective defense than you ever can mount on your own.

The OP is obviously a customer- so he isn't your enemy. If the product he is testing is an outdated version, why not offer to at least exchange it for a new version. I've found no one is a better advocate than a converted skeptic! I'll be adding one of these units myself in the future, and am kinda waiting to see how this thread turns out.
Old 10/14/14, 07:37 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by dave07
For you to come in here and say someones test and all their hard work is skewed because they don't get the same results as you, is ludicrous.

You would get so much more respect if you would have just said: Hey these test results are way different than the results we are getting. Check out our other customers reviews: (insert your links)

Then tell us why you think this particular test is not a good way to test your oil separator and back it up with FACTS.
Huh, did you read any of my posts? That's exactly what I did...
Read my very first post

Originally Posted by 70monte
What you must have missed is that he was using your original design JLT can which if you read all over the internet was not doing that well and is why I assume you improved your design and added the filter. That is probably why he didn't catch much compared to your newer design can.
Wayne
Your right, can you show me where he clearly said it was our old design?
Also, what's the point of testing an old design and posting the results unless there is an agenda to hurt JLT and help RX...

The other fact that you don't mention is that all cars are different in how much oil they let through the PCV system as well as how new the vehicle is or how many miles are on it. For example, when my Mustang was new, it pulled way more oil through the PCV system then it does these days. My rings are now fully seated.
Wayne
Not understanding how this plays out in this situation.
I test every set up on each vehicle and show the results. This was the worse type of thread that could have been posted. Total waste of time because it's false info on a current product.

Your tests are not perfect either as you don't give us all of the info. Why don't you pull the intake on your Mustang and clean it on video and then run your can for a set amount of time and then pull the intake again to see how much oil or not is inside and how clean it is. That would give us a better indication of whether or not the can is doing it's job well. Just showing us how much oil it catches doesn't tell us the whole story. You don't show us any tests that show if oil is still getting past your can or an amount that does.
Wayne
Really? More testing? I drove 1000 miles in my car to prove it workd better than another and that's not good enough?
Sorry, I've done more testing than any other manufacture and post the results
At least the tests done here have shown an indication of how much oil is still getting past each can.
Wayne
Do you understand this test shows nothing like that. It's a poorly done test on non current product. Sorry, that's all it is and I had to come here and bring that to light for some reason.
Originally Posted by dmichaels
I had the old style JLT can. I've also seen numerous threads on the new design and I should update my original posts to clearly state the version of JLT unit I tested.

My testing was not in a controlled environment as it was in a track environment with different ambient temps, humidity, oil condition, and lap consitency due to the HPDE environments at which I drive. Some laps are slower than others and some tracks are heavy braking and accelerating vs others a that are more momentum and therefore work the engine differently. But my intent was to give some "real world" test points across a couple events for a small statistical sample. Both catch cans were installed correctly and in my initial testing the JLT caught oil just not all of it. The RX caught basically everything raving nothing for the JLT to pick up.

Again this was done with the old style JLT setup and it sounds like the new design is much improved, which is EXACTLY the response I would hope for in response to this thread.

I will be doing probably 2000+ track miles next season all over the northeast, and if JLT would like to send me a new configuration test unit to re-run a series of tests, then I would be more than happy to oblige! I'm an aerospace engineer and work closely with out test group and have a lot of respect for product improvement that is the result of development work and on going testing

Feel free to PM to discuss as well.

Thanks,
Derek
Derek,
Thanks for manning up and telling the truth and yes you should make it clear this is the old design. I also asked for pics of the set up.
The fact that you spent all this time testing a product you knew was improved upon tells me you were not out to "help" JLT. It's the internet I see it all the time, but when I post facts and videos showing the truth and all you say is "It was hooked up right" ... not cool.

This product has been out for years, I prove it works all the time and it sells like crazy because it works and is easy to install.
Sorry, I can not give you more product to test as I do not think you are 100% un biased.

Originally Posted by Varilux
Tucker- I oversee clinical testing for the product that is my handle on this site... When that product is attacked on professional forums, I used to have the same kind of reaction you posted earlier. Over time, I've learned if you have a good product (and I'm sure you do), the users of your product will come to a much more effective defense than you ever can mount on your own.

The OP is obviously a customer- so he isn't your enemy. If the product he is testing is an outdated version, why not offer to at least exchange it for a new version. I've found no one is a better advocate than a converted skeptic! I'll be adding one of these units myself in the future, and am kinda waiting to see how this thread turns out.
We posted on several forums and sent over 13,000 emails about the update. Gave out over 1000 free filters.
We don't have contacts for resold items or dealer sold items, but we did our best to get the word out.

This thread was also linked on a Raptor forum for the sole purpose of hurting us in a thread of happy customers. I take offence that tactic.

I'm not a huge company and I have to fight for what's right and out people who post bad info.
Threads like this can get pages long before a member will saw something positive because it's easier to ignore and stay out of it than defend something that's not yours.

Just last night I had 2 more customers post oil separator results.
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f24/t...tch-can-38055/
https://www.facebook.com/JLTPerformance

Both with pictures.

It's funny how this started out as a JLT doesn't barely work and RX is the best and it took me to point out the obvious.

I'm not your normal business owner, but the internet is not a one way street. Call me out and I'm going to bring facts and proof that your wrong about my product.