Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

JLT Brake cooling Kit install help

Search this Thread

Old 2/16/14, 08:18 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JLT Brake cooling Kit install help

Hey guys, if you have a GT can you provide me grille dimensions for mounting the aluminum bezels that come in the kit. My GT came with the cheap a$$ V6 grille. It has a different honeycomb pattern than the one shown. Instructions with the kit only give pictorial location. I need a horizontal and vertical dimensions as shown. I assume vertically it is just centered but want to be sure.

Anyone able to get to there car and help me out.
thanks
Attached Thumbnails JLT Brake cooling Kit install help-jlt-air-inlet-hole-location.jpg  
Old 2/16/14, 08:45 AM
Bullitt Member

For those wondering, here is the product.

http://jlttruecoldair.com/ZenCart/in...roducts_id=567

As far as dimensions for where your holes belong, I would guess that as long as they installed equally on your vehicle it doesn't matter exactly where they are. Looking at the photos on the site it looks as though there is about 1/2 inch clearance around the side and bottom of the holes.

I'm surprised JLT doesn't provide the dimensions, or an overlay that you can place on the grille/bumper.

I'm also trying to figure out which grille you have but I'm drawing a blank.

Is this something that you'd be comfortable just eye-balling?
Old 2/16/14, 09:59 AM
Bullitt Member

This is the type of grille I'm working with. RubyRed thanks for posting the link for the kit. That would've been helpful for me to include that as well. LOL

http://jlttruecoldair.com/ZenCart/in...+Bezels_02.jpg
Attached Thumbnails JLT Brake cooling Kit install help-gt-grille.jpg  

Last edited by BluehazeGT; 2/16/14 at 10:11 AM.
Old 2/16/14, 12:19 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would grab a ruler and find a good spot that you like using one of the inlets and the ruler, mark where you want them and go from there.
Old 2/16/14, 12:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks Steve. I'll probably just wing it. Was kinda hoping someone might be able to give me a rough dim for reference. I'm not positive but I believe this grill config has the ambient temp sensor roughly in the same area (driver side). Hoping not to drill into that. Might just try to scale the image and go from there. If I wasn't sick right now it would be done already.
Old 2/16/14, 01:20 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 111 Likes on 101 Posts
If you need any input on routing the ducting I posted several pics last summer when I installed my brake ducting. Interested to see how you route yours with the JLT inlets
Old 2/16/14, 04:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by dmichaels
If you need any input on routing the ducting I posted several pics last summer when I installed my brake ducting. Interested to see how you route yours with the JLT inlets
I remember your posts on this. I think the kit you pieced together would have been a little cheaper but iirc the vendor selling the backing plates didn't ship north of the border. Will definitely review your posts on this. I think the 2.5" ducting might package a little better than the 3" you used. I not real crazy about the small backing plates for the rotors so may mod the factory ones instead and weld on some tubing.

A question for you, do you have any screening on the inlets to minimize any debris getting in or should i be concerned about this at all?
Old 2/16/14, 05:22 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 111 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by BluehazeGT
I remember your posts on this. I think the kit you pieced together would have been a little cheaper but iirc the vendor selling the backing plates didn't ship north of the border. Will definitely review your posts on this. I think the 2.5" ducting might package a little better than the 3" you used. I not real crazy about the small backing plates for the rotors so may mod the factory ones instead and weld on some tubing.

A question for you, do you have any screening on the inlets to minimize any debris getting in or should i be concerned about this at all?
I have not put any screening on the inlets at this point, although I do want to put a cap on them for street driving. Dont really want to be sucking crap up on the street

I haven't worried about it for track driving - want to get the most flow when it mattes. When I get something worked out for a cap setup I'll post
Old 2/16/14, 05:47 PM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dmichaels
I have not put any screening on the inlets at this point, although I do want to put a cap on them for street driving. Dont really want to be sucking crap up on the street

I haven't worried about it for track driving - want to get the most flow when it mattes. When I get something worked out for a cap setup I'll post
JLT included caps with my brake cooling kit that I received and installed a few weeks ago. The are about two inch thick spongy inserts.

The hardest part of the install was getting the hoses on the grill inserts.