2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

ipod not playing?

Search this Thread

Old 4/26/11, 03:32 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ipod not playing?

forgive, i did a search...i didn't receive a owners manual yet (claimed they were out and gonna fedex me one)

anyone...what are the steps for you getting your ipod to play? i connect it to the usb port, and all it says it Ford ready to disconnect? any help would be great.

tom
Old 4/26/11, 03:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

First, hit menu and scroll to system settings and select factory defaults. If that doesn't work do the same steps but select master restore.

I can tell you right now that's probably not going to work either. Especially if when attempting to select your iPod you get the "USB Empty" message. In this case you'll have to manually reboot the SYNC system. To do this you'll want to pull #13 fuse in the box.

There appears to be an issue with the most recent software updates on the iPhone and iPod touch. The devices don't work well with SYNC. Instead if you have an iPod classic at your disposal, I would use that.

If not, buy a large capacity thumb drive and utilize that.
Old 4/26/11, 03:42 PM
V6 Member

i am in fact using the ipod classic, should have mentioned that...the usb is working and charging the ipod, i just don't how to play the music because i am just locked on the white ford "ready to disconnect" image.
Old 4/26/11, 06:40 PM
V6 Member

The dealer should have showed you how to use the Sync system when you brought your Mustang.
Hit the button on the top right side of the steering wheel to give a voice command. Say "USB"
After which, your Mustang should say "USB"
Then hit the button and say "Play All" or "Play artist "xxx"" or "Play Track "xxx".

The other way to do it is to put the ipod on the song you want to play and then plug it into your Mustang.
hit the voice button and say "USB". It should start playing your song...

Hope this helps.
Old 4/26/11, 08:58 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by treygil
The dealer should have showed you how to use the Sync system when you brought your Mustang.
Hit the button on the top right side of the steering wheel to give a voice command. Say "USB"
Then hit the button and say "Play All" or "Play artist "xxx"" or "Play Track "xxx".

The other way to do it is to put the ipod on the song you want to play and then plug it into your Mustang.

Hope this helps.
thanks...i will try it out tomorrow. they did show me really fast, but i was so excited about just driving my 5.0 it was going in one ear and out the other, and i thought you just plugged your ipod in and controlled, didn't realize it was part of the sync. thanks again.
Old 4/26/11, 09:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

the system controls the ipod, you do not use the ipod contols when plugged into the usb
Old 6/10/11, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by treygil

Hope this helps.
Mine does this but it's seems very slow to chose songs, artists, etc. I do have 160 gb ipod classis with about 70 gb worth of music. Also i have a iphone 4 that is connected via blue tooth at the same time. Would the size of my music files or using the bluetooth on another device cause it run slow?