2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Interior Question...

Search this Thread

Old 7/7/10, 09:48 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea they said they could re-order it but it wouldnt be built and delivered till the end of September. I cant be without a car for 2 months so I will just have to deal with it. Sucks leaving the VW GTI interior only to be stuck with a subpar looking 40 thousand dollar interior.
Old 7/7/10, 09:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 5PTOHH
Welp yea its built and cant change, and they didnt put the backup camera in, they left it out of the quote and the order. I just went from very excited to pretty pissed that I am not getting exactly what I wanted.
Don't be pissed! Golden opportunity, bro! Now you have the perfect excuse to make them reorder and get that 401A package... plus, you have the high ground now for negotiations... you may be able to get a better price for the inconvenience!

Be patient. This isn't some limited edition run. They'll be producing these 5.0s for a good while.
Old 7/7/10, 09:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

Yea they said they could re-order it but it wouldnt be built and delivered till the end of September. I cant be without a car for 2 months so I will just have to deal with it. Sucks leaving the VW GTI interior only to be stuck with a subpar looking 40 thousand dollar interior.
If they were willing to go up the chain they could bump your priority through Ford past 10. As far as I know, that basically tells Ford "Get this built now", and supposedly it does get it built very quickly. They may not do it, heck Ford may not do it, but you may be able to make a case for it.
Old 7/7/10, 10:07 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, it sounded like it was just that you had a change of heart, but if they ordered the car without options you wanted then that's a different story all together. I wouldn't take it either.
Old 7/7/10, 10:09 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by OBleedingMe
Don't be pissed! Golden opportunity, bro! Now you have the perfect excuse to make them reorder and get that 401A package... plus, you have the high ground now for negotiations... you may be able to get a better price for the inconvenience!

Be patient. This isn't some limited edition run. They'll be producing these 5.0s for a good while.

I dont really have a leg to stand on, it isnt like they charged me for the camera and didnt put it in, they just didnt add it at all. But I will call the manager here again and see if they might not be able to bump me up if we do a re-order. I am not that worried about the camera cause really it is only used in reverse, but I do want a nice interior.
Old 7/7/10, 10:11 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Automagically
Yeah, it sounded like it was just that you had a change of heart, but if they ordered the car without options you wanted then that's a different story all together. I wouldn't take it either.

Not a change of heart, the options and stuff when you order through the miltary are kinda weird. Had I of known that the 401A had all the different interior options I would have selected that in a heartbeat. As far as the camera I def wanted that when I went in.
Old 7/7/10, 10:14 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Not a change of heart, the options and stuff when you order through the miltary are kinda weird. Had I of known that the 401A had all the different interior options I would have selected that in a heartbeat. As far as the camera I def wanted that when I went in.
Please don't tell me you need ground guides as well...j/k

Yeah the 401A is very Premier like it says. Very classy. This forum will give you quite a bit of researching insight for you to use with your new Mustang.
Old 7/7/10, 11:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

I dont really have a leg to stand on, it isnt like they charged me for the camera and didnt put it in, they just didnt add it at all. But I will call the manager here again and see if they might not be able to bump me up if we do a re-order. I am not that worried about the camera cause really it is only used in reverse, but I do want a nice interior.
What do you mean you don't have a leg to stand on!? They messed up your order, man! If you were at a restaurant and you ordered a steak dinner but you got a burger instead, would you say you don't have a right to complain if the restaurant didn't charge you the difference?? Of course not! They completely wasted your time and did not fulfill your need!

Remember, this is your HARD EARNED MONEY. On top of that, you earned it defending this country. You have every right to get what you want for your money, and the way you're talking, you don't sound like you're getting what you want. Re-order and make sure you're satisfied.

Don't be afraid or feel like you're being a PITA to the dealer. They're in the car business. People change their minds ALL THE TIME. This is the nature of their business. If they want your business, they'll take the time to make sure you, the consumer, is happy.

Never settle. Get full value for your money.

Last edited by OBleedingMe; 7/7/10 at 11:29 AM.
Old 7/7/10, 11:39 AM
GT Member

I figured out what happened. built the car through the military site. When I selected the backup camera it put an exclamation point on the 401a package. I thought that meant that I couldnt have both. I checked the 401a box and it cleared the backup camera selection. So now I dont have either one lol.
Old 7/7/10, 11:58 AM
GT Member

Well apparently they can re-order a new mustang the way I want it, but it will be an additional month and a half till it gets delivered. I really want it but I hate not showing up to the states without a vehicle.
Old 7/7/10, 12:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well apparently they can re-order a new mustang the way I want it, but it will be an additional month and a half till it gets delivered. I really want it but I hate not showing up to the states without a vehicle.
Ya gotta do whatever makes you happy. Personally, 6 weeks without a car would be worth the 5+ years of fulfillment I would get for getting exactly what I wanted, but that's me.
Old 7/7/10, 12:23 PM
GT Member

Yea I hear ya, I prob will just go ahead and do it.

Edit* Or not, cant pay 1800 to rent a car. And looking at the seats I dont think I want those soft leather seats in Colorado. I hate the look of wrinkles and that alone makes me feel a bit more comfortable. I'll just keep the dash nice and shiny with cleaning products :P Thanks for the help guys/gals.

Last edited by 5PTOHH; 7/7/10 at 02:43 PM.
Old 7/7/10, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by monkeystash
Completely agree, it's money well spent!
To each their own though.